Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.03.29, 05:41 PM   #141
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Kawaii Ugguu etc.
Old 2014.03.30, 06:13 PM   #142
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So I've just heard (via iTunes) Up Up Girls' (仮)は返すぜ☆be your soul... Way more dubsteppy/harder-beats than I could have ever imagined. It's so cheesy and trashy that I kinda dig it haha. This CD will be hidden deep in the "embarrassing" pile after listening to it once methinks. But oh well, for the collection.

It's bsides (which admittedly I have only listened to the samples of) are sounding much worse and totally forgettable though.

Now waiting for Oomori self cover/reconstruction to appear on official release or live CD...

Because I cannot find studio version (which is much, much more listenable, even with its NOISE WAR BRICKWALLING production) on youtube, I post this (gag inducing non processed shitty vocals) live version:
Up Up Girls

Uggh live idol stuff creeps me out when I hear men yelling like its a strip club (or as if it's Metallica playing Creeping Death), such a meat market.

Overall, I don't see Up Up Girls going anywhere fast...

As for (仮)は返すぜ☆be your soul... I'd give it a 4/10 (for now). It's cheesy fun, but nothing more. It will fade into obscurity faster than I receive the CD no doubt. (That is, if it isn't already in obscurity as I type this).

I say listen to The Nanbatatin's release if you want to hear really good (GREAT even...) Oomori lyric penned idol music.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.30 at 07:05 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.06, 07:54 AM   #143
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

ahhh, what i been waiting for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hayatochiri live version is up there with dynamite out sounan as my favorite live performance

pinktokarevseiko
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.06, 08:38 AM   #144
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
hayatochiri live version is up there with dynamite out sounan as my favorite live performance

pinktokarevseiko

She speaks too fast... ;___;
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.06, 05:10 PM   #145
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
I'm not sure, I think the Second Pink Tokarev DVD has a better version of hayatochiri tbh. Though this is still pretty awesome. I've saved this video into my Oomori video stash too.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.06 at 07:09 PM.
Old 2014.04.06, 05:19 PM   #146
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I'm not sure, I think the Second Pink Tokarev DVD has a better version of hataotchiri tbh. Though this is still pretty awesome. I've saved this video into my Oomori video stash too.

is that the Over the Party 2014 dvd?

lol awesome cheek on cheek action
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.06, 05:28 PM   #147
deadgrandma

^ no that's not Over the Party 2014 (is there such a thing that I've missed out on???)

The DVD I'm referring to is Pink Tokarev VS. Idol (I mentioned on previous page on this thread, its from 2013), this one:

I just posted cheek on cheek picture cause I found it interesting haha.

However, @ that video Hoopra posted: really makes me appreciate Midnight Seiju Isei Koyuu (it starts after the interview) so much more, it really comes across as more of an anthem than a little pop ditty here. Further increases my standpoint of "this is the right one to be following".

Sigh, don't know what to think when signs point to Oomori shows these days being more worth going to than a Ringo show...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.06 at 06:28 PM.
Old 2014.04.11, 09:43 AM   #148
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

Mori! Sta ep2

Episode 2 of Oomori Seiko! Station is up! This episode features a live performance of the new song デートはやめよう (Date wa yameyou) and Seiko singing Midnight Seijun Isei Kouyuu at karaoke. At first I was a bit dissappointed with that, because Midnight again? But it was actually a lot of fun and definitely worth watching. Midnight is Seiko's first (and so far her only) song that's been made available at karaoke, and it obviously meant a lot to her. She's also just over all extremely cute in this video

Also, the Up Up Girls song is out now.
(kari) wa kaesuze ☆ be your soul
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.11, 06:39 PM   #149
deadgrandma

Oh wow, this version of Date wa Yameyou is pretty good (I've only heard solo acoustic bootleg of it so far). Hope it's on the next album!

And aww at the tears of joy she has from seeing Midnight at karaoke *wub*

Still dislike the Up Up Girls track (in this form anyway)...

Also @ Turtlefu: You could try to make it to this if all attempts to see one of her shows fail- well, if you're still in Japan by then (you can get tix from any Tower Records- shouldn't be too hard to find one within 100m of you anywhere):

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.11 at 06:51 PM.
Old 2014.04.12, 03:42 AM   #150
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I gottta go to Karaoke now to sing Midnight My frined are gonna think I'm so weird.

I didn't know about that concert. Trying to decide whtehr or not to go to the sow next week, if i'ts not already sold out. The longe ri wait thoguh... THe only issue is that she's 1 of 5 artists playing so I might get 3 songs if I'm lucky.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote