Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2018.06.10, 09:21 PM   #1121
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Can confirm the lead single 'Shinigami' sounds like an Ayumi Hamasaki ballad... if Ayumi Hamasaki was on bath salts.
Old 2018.06.11, 08:29 AM   #1122
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^ is there a link to this, please?
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.13, 04:57 AM   #1123
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Kusokawa teaser

Because time slows down when Oomori Seiko announces new albums, something to keep us going. Very enjoyable

also props to Oomori Seiko for doing a live show featuring Leliel, who needed to fill the void of being left out of Shin Eva. Next plot twist will be Oomori Seiko becoming a Seed of Life.
https://imgur.com/a/8b3PcuR
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.13, 10:05 PM   #1124
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I can't wait to watch that blu ray, I'm as excited about it as I am the actual album.

Also- POSITIVE STRESS sounds SOOOO much better here without the overkill that TK's production put on it. I always knew that it was a really strong song underneath all the fluff.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2018.06.13 at 10:13 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.13, 10:26 PM   #1125
chestnutflowers

chestnutflowers is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I can't wait to watch that blu ray, I'm as excited about it as I am the actual album.

Also- POSITIVE STRESS sounds SOOOO much better here without the overkill that TK's production put on it. I always knew that it was a really strong song underneath all the fluff.
For a second there I thought you were talking about TK (Tetsuya Komuro) from globe and was deeply confused. I agree though, the acoustic version is better!
chestnutflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.14, 01:55 AM   #1126
deadgrandma

I did mean Tetsuya Komuro. He produced POSITIVE STRESS.
Old 2018.06.14, 02:14 AM   #1127
chestnutflowers

chestnutflowers is an asset to this community

Really? Wow, that's surprising because I mostly associate TK with the likes of Namie Amuro and Ayumi. Granted I haven't kept up with Seiko much since this forum closed years ago, so I'm not quite sure how pop her sound has gotten since then.

I figured you were talking about Toru Kitajima from Ling Tosite Sigure since they've already collaborated.
Other TK
chestnutflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.14, 03:53 AM   #1128
deadgrandma

Well, she is on Avex I suppose
Old 2018.06.18, 04:47 AM   #1129
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post

you can tell it's a good song in both versions. a good hook is a good hook and it doesn't just disappear because there's instrumental layering on it... i like both versions. the original has some nice drama going on in the chorus and the build up before that.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.18, 06:53 PM   #1130
deadgrandma

Seiko x DAOKO

BTW, it's not new, but came out during the EMF downtime...

This song is from Seiko's last album, kitixxxgaia, and features DAOKO as a guest. The reason I post is that it is very highly Shiina Ringo (MM era) inspired, as openly said by Seiko and DAOKO on a radio show. I'm pretty sure some people on here might want to hear how it came out.

I remember tweets/comments along the lines of 'best song Shiina Ringo never did' (and let's face it, it's about 1000x better than the jingles Ringo herself has been releasing since SUNNY) at the time of release. It also, in turn, was the best think DAOKO did last year.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2018.06.18 at 06:58 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote