Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.04.15, 07:59 PM   #151
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Oh wow, in just a couple night's time, Oomori and Ichiko Aoba are doing a shared and "very intimate" set (the 22nd)... that would be sweet too! Venue must be pretty small cause the only way to prebook tickets is to email them (the venue) personally. COME ON BOOTLEGS. Or future collab... just imagine it.

*and wow, must have been really intimate gig, cause it sold out in the time I took to write this (was keeping tabs on the page its listed at)

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.15 at 08:05 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.15, 09:32 PM   #152
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

OMGGGGG I need to see that. I NEED to! Aoba Ichiko is making the most subtle and beautiful folk right now. I hope that Seiko will keep her voice as controlled and subtle as possible for this set. This could be something truly wonderful.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.19, 07:03 AM   #153
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So, been keeping an eye on the progress of the Oomori vinyls today... and as I suspected, the resellers are asking about 5x the face value (around 10,000 yen each)- though if the pattern of the 7 inch is anything to go by, they should be at somewhat reasonable price in a couple of weeks (but don't expect them to drop under 5,000 yen or so)...

Bastards. Hope everyone who was trying to get a copy of them managed to secure them already.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.19 at 07:07 AM.
Old 2014.04.19, 12:03 PM   #154
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

Aah, I wish I could see the concert with Aoba Ichiko...

Seiko sang another new song in this weeks Oomori Seiko Station! It's called ノスタルジック J-POP (Nostalgic J-POP). The new song starts at 11:51.
Mori! Sta ep 3

I really like both this and Date wa yameyou. I hope all this performing new songs means we'll get a new single/album/something soon!
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.19, 03:43 PM   #155
deadgrandma

I don't know how new that song is, but I hope it gets album treatment though :-)
Old 2014.04.19, 08:53 PM   #156
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Did you manage to snag a vinyl of Mahou Ga, DG? I tried, but I couldn't figure out how to order it from any of the websites.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.20, 12:04 AM   #157
deadgrandma

Yeah I got both Mahou Ga and PINK (as well as the 7 inch) using jetset. I recommend waiting it out if you really want the vinyl now though,I think a second run starts in 2 weeks and while limited, can be ordered more easily.
Old 2014.04.20, 10:28 AM   #158
anonlurker

The guys asking 10,000 per LP on Y! Auctions need to kill themselves and do the world of decency a favour. I'm not touching that shit.
Old 2014.04.21, 07:10 PM   #159
deadgrandma

So while the wax barely has heated up with the Oomori LPs and 7 inch... I just noticed that the ADORABLE Nanbatatin single "ガールズ・レテル・トーク" (AKA The Oomori penned one) is getting its own 7 inch pressing. I'm guessing the BSide is gonna the instrumental version.

Still, the good news here for collectors is that it's easy to get (it's on Amazon). For me, it's even better because it also comes out on the SAME DAY as the Tomita Lab LP, so I've just added it to that order, and the shipping only went up by 300 yen.

Order here if you're interested: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B...uct_refresh_T1
Old 2014.04.24, 08:36 PM   #160
deadgrandma

Just when you thought Oomori's relationship with idol culture couldn't get any more weird, she has now been officially announced as one of the judges on the "Miss Idol 2015" selection committee.

Looks like she's living her dreams... and also becoming quite the puppet-master mwahahaha.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.24 at 08:41 PM.