Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.06.02, 05:02 PM   #21
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

there is a new Zelda game for the DS, Spirit Tracks. Take Phantom Hourglass' design and engine, then imagine the concept of Wind Waker with a train and fields instead of a talking boat and ocean and well, there you have it.

still looks fun though. I think this is more of a Majora's Mask entry into the DS series than a legit title, being they imagined something fun and alternative using a system that was previously developed. chances are they have working on a big redesign for a new Wii or new DS zelda title and this is buying them time.

the legend of zelda: spirit tracks
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 05:13 PM   #22
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

^Yep, there are rumours that a new Wii Zelda title is already on the works. Which doesn't really surprise me, tbh. Even tho GC only had one Zelda, that was a system that almost died when it was released. N64 on the other hand had a bit more success and two Zelda titles. It would be weird if Wii only had one.
Btw, you don't like Majora's Mask? D:
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 05:35 PM   #23
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

oh what, a new zelda is coming out, who was able to predict that lol

I don't need an E3 to know that, so the only thing they CAN tell us is the release date. Which they didn't, as far as I know.

Best thing of the E3 so far:
The Alan Wake demo. Still have to see the Heavy Rain presentation though.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 05:44 PM   #24
kuro_neko

how did GC almost die when Wind Waker came out? WW got a perfect score from Famitsu and was almost universally praised. The only criticism came from people who held on to aesthetic/artistic differences, saying it was cartoony, but anyone who played it quickly had their reservations erased as the title was solid.

It isn't that I dislike Majora's Mask (I actually never finished it), rather, what I was referring to was what was said about the game by Miyamoto, that they wanted to create a pararallel to OoT using the same engine exploring things that would normally be relegated to side quest status in a regular adventure, making it much more innovative and a bit more of one long side quest rather than a full game. I think that after making Phantom Hourglass they probably had some ideas that were discarded or eventually grew, enough to warrant another game. The idea of the train is cute, but it reminds me too much of Wind Waker (I hated sailing).

I think that they wanted to release another minor Zelda release to bide time for a massive new installment for the Wii.

also, GOLDEN SUN PEOPLE. Does no one else know that game? Golden Sun is hands down one of the best RPG's ever released for a portable. The DS trailer made me cream myself.

Golden Sun DS trailer
Old 2009.06.02, 05:54 PM   #25
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

I said GC was pretty much dead when it was released (the console itself), not Wind Waker.

Anyway, I'm currently watching the Sony conference. They're going to show the FF14 footage, but I have to say, I laughed when the guy said "PS3 is the only console were you'll be able to play FF14". And the audience laughed too.
Old 2009.06.02, 05:58 PM   #26
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

WW came out at one of the most fruitful times in the GC's lifespan. IIRC, Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime came out along with WW in about a 4 month span
And Spirit Tracks is olde news, why is this noteworthy?
Old 2009.06.02, 06:14 PM   #27
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

A new full-fledged Zelda for the Wii has JUST been announced at the Shigeru Miyamoto roundtable currently taking place. Allegedly he showed a picture of Adult Link, and a female in Link's clothes. We can't see pictures because photos aren't allowed. Check IGN =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 06:29 PM   #28
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Then the rumours were true. Surprise!

EDIT: Ok, so I finished watching the Sony conference.
Nothing really *that* exciting, or, most important of all, new. Except FF14, I guess, but I never cared for Final Fantasy MMORPGs anyway.
I don't really like the name The Last Guardian, but Trico was a bit cheesy as well. But what's important is the game, not the name, I guess.
That vibrator thing with the light ball at the top is kinda similar resembling idiot EXACTLY LIKE THE WIIMOTE. I don't know what they were thinking. It's like they admit the waggle is cool, whereas three years ago they didn't really consider to do something like this. From what I see, the three consoles may start to have exactly the same things in the future (except maybe Nintendo, because they only care for games and puppies).
FF13 looks cool, the voice cast is nice, but the dubbing doesn't look very good.
Uncharted 2 looks pretty good, too.
And... that's about it. Gran Turismo? God of War III? ModRacers? Who cares?

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.06.02 at 06:40 PM.
Old 2009.06.02, 07:06 PM   #29
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Sony's conference was pretty good. As I imagined, some nice software though no real surprises XIV aside. That shocked me until I realised it was an online sequel to XI. Don't care at all. Also I'd predict that it'll be available on the 360 within a year of launch. No WAY are they releasing an MMORPG and cutting off the console with the biggest online community. Again though, I don't care. What I was surprised by was how little Sony had to show for 2009 (in terms of exclusives). All I can really think of is Uncharted 2 (which looked great) and MAG (which looked underwhelming. Nice concept, boring execution). God of War III looked nice (though essentially God of War 2 HD) but like virtually every other big release a 2010 title.

Nintendo's conference, as usual, bored me to tears. About 10 minutes of decent game announcements (which was a vast improvement on last year).

I'm not sure how well it'll be for the user with no tactile response
I think the "play with just your body" is very limiting in terms of what the hardware and software are capable of but it's a view that bodes well with the general public and casual gamers. In reality, the great thing about this is that it isn't constricted to a specific controller or no controller at all; it is entirely open. There is no rule that "You HAVE to play the games with nothing" nor "You HAVE to play the game with this specific remote". It will work with ANYTHING. You could play a game with the 360 controller and still do impressive stuff with the camera/voice software. Anything you can hold can become a controller. The possibilities are endless. I think it's the first time developers are truly free to entirely decide how we interact with their game.

Oh yeah, it was today announced that the original Perfect Dark will be on the XBLA this year in 1080p at 60fps!!! Awesome.

I'll update the op with todays news tomorrow morning. I'm too tired.
Old 2009.06.03, 01:02 AM   #30
kuro_neko

the sensor controls for Sony and Microsoft are going to suck hardcore. Nintendo put almost all of their cards down on the Wiimote and after all this time it STILL isn't being used in ways that really take advantage of it except in official first party games where Nintendo is still striving to innovative.

Sony and Microsoft will probably never take the time to develop their products to their full advantage when they have so much going on. The hardware on PS3 is never going to release its full potential, and now they are adding even more crap when they still can't make games in a decent amount of time utilizing the current hardware, it is quite silly.

this is like when Nintendo debuted the joysticks on the N64 controllers and then Sony tried to one up them by adding two, making the current design.

Nintendo might have screwed themselves over by retreating to innovative niche whereas Sony is putting their mony on way too many horses, Nintendo not enough, and Microsoft is kind of in the middle somewhere between the two.

E3 this year was kind of a let down for Nintendo. Super Mario Bros Wii and Mario Galaxy 2? COME ON, if I wanted to play either of those I could on my DS and my Wii and play them already pretty much...Metroid looks kind of interesting although I'm not sold on the new design....

At least there is Silent Hill:Shattered Memories to look forward too....