Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Retrospective Classic
Heisei Fuzoku 4 21.05%
Variety 1 5.26%
Sanmon Gossip 11 57.89%
Sports 3 15.79%
Dai Hakken 0 0%
Color Bars 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013.07.21, 06:27 PM   #11
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Do you talk like that in real life? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say cloying or listless in general conversation before...
Old 2013.07.21, 06:57 PM   #12
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Haha, I do. And my friends think I read too many Victorian novels. But it's good to use descriptive words like that when you are trying to describe something. If you use more general words you don't convey particularities.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.21, 07:04 PM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

listless a big word is not.
Old 2013.07.21, 07:04 PM   #14
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I dunno, I think I'd get a stronger message from someone saying "this album is fucking shit" (or "the fucking shit" if positive).

(It's like the new NIN song.... the only way to describe it is LAME. Any other longer response feels futile. Cause that's what it is- LAME.)

I guess using old timey words like cloying is probably appropriate for an album like Hesei Fuzokuu, which Jihad has on many occasions said that he thinks it's for oldies :-p Just read it in an old persons voice in your head and it works better.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.07.21 at 07:23 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.21, 07:15 PM   #15
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Those are both perfectly cromulent words. You should get more erudite and verbose friends, dg.

Picking Variety to be a contrary bastard. SG through Color Bars are too recent to be postmortem classics, and Heisei Fuuzoku is a essentially a self-cover album. Also, Tokyo Collection gave me a better appreciation for it.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.21, 07:18 PM   #16
deadgrandma

Variety does have it's share of gems, like it or not haters. But you're better off listening to the Variety analog compilation than the actual album really. And picking it over the album that has Shun on it is kinda bizarre to me.
Old 2013.07.21, 08:05 PM   #17
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

I picked Sports, since it's melodically strong and a actually pretty darn good album for what it's trying to do.

I can't really see a big shift of opinion happening on anything else. HF is still going to be a lot of covers of KZK stuff... SG is still wildly inconsistent. Variety is even more inconsistent and Dai Hakken is basically an inferior version of Sports. Color Bars is still an EP.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.24, 09:03 AM   #18
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Meisai not being that different? Uh, KZK Meisai is awesome because of the distorted telecaster...
This made me snicker. Did you really just distinct between the Telecaster and any other guitar just because the album credits does? Or is the type of guitar something you actually listen for like I do? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I just almost never see anybody say Gunjou Biyori had a "cool fuzz/octave Telecaster" or that Kabukicho no Joou had "pretty Country Gentlemen cleans" here on the forum. *thumbs up*
Old 2013.07.24, 03:26 PM   #19
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Well, I only know because Uki has that signature guitar that he plays in everything (the one the rap in Himitsu is about). I read that it's a customized Telecaster, even though it doesn't really look like one.
But no, I don't have the ear to distinguish specific guitars, but I can tell when one guitar is different than the other, to a certain degree. Like "that one sound strummy" or "that one sounds fuzzy" or "that one sounds clean".

But I think with Shiina's music, the guitar is a little important. She makes (or made) near-constant references to the model she was using. She mentions her Duesenberg, her Rickenbacker, her Gibson, and her Gretsch in various lyrics or promotional material.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.25, 04:29 AM   #20
3knotsJK

3knotsJK has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
...Kabukicho no Joou had "pretty Country Gentlemen cleans"...
I know this is serious but these guys look ridiculously funny.