Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2007.05.13, 08:16 PM   #31
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

Oh look, he made a better point than us again. Time to change the limit to 1.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.13, 08:23 PM   #32
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

just do it the kenka joutou way.
i.e

shut shut shut SHUT UP!

repeated words make for good postings!
(just like repeated note plucking on guitar makes someone a highly respected guitarist!)
Old 2007.05.13, 08:23 PM   #33
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
P.S. I'm neutral, but i know I would tend to get lazy if there's no limit: responses like 'ok', 'i see', 'thx', 'o.O' =P
This is proof that the limit works. Now whether it is trivial whether it stops this behaviour or not is questionable. But this is proof nonetheless.

P.S. Sorry to single you out ChickShhh but you said it yourself
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.13, 08:24 PM   #34
Jer

We could just have a limit on people who abuse the system rather than punish everyone because some of you are lazy.
Old 2007.05.13, 08:27 PM   #35
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Jer View Post
We could just have a limit on people who abuse the system rather than punish everyone because some of you are lazy.
Well, everyone WILL abuse the system. That is why there is even a debate about whether to keep the limit or not. Plus that would just give more work to the admins having to "punish" people who "abuse the system" whereas if they just keep the limit, they dont have to worry about that.

(I don't even know why I'm here talking about this @_@, I dont really care. Stop calling me out guys :p)
Old 2007.05.13, 08:48 PM   #36
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

wtf is "abusing" not having a post minimum? A guy posts one word posts in alotta threads?
Big fuckin' whoop. Its just as conducive to the forum with the same guy making the same post but padded out to 10. IE. not very.

So sure warn and reprimand someone of that nature (for why ever they'd want to post++ that way,) You'll have people doing that be it 1 or 10 characters, so why not deal with it on a case by case basis? Rather than having people --productive forum member kind of people-- have to pad out their own short blurbs. And its not just annoying for the typer, but also annoying for the reader since its usually well broadcasted that "oh, im just padding up to 10"
Old 2007.05.13, 08:52 PM   #37
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Reminder: The fact that the requests on this thread are being ignored by the admins means that the 10 character limit is here to stay. Just find your way to work around it. We can't have everything that we ask for in life.
Old 2007.05.13, 09:05 PM   #38
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hmm, I think I'm being won over by Jihad's reasoning... @_@ But JR is right too, and I still don't mind the limit even if I'm not for it anymore.

And anyway, the white hidden messages are fun albeit time-consuming. Hehe
Old 2007.05.13, 09:19 PM   #39
Jer

I don't actually mind the limit but I think a greater case has been brought opposing the limit and I don't really see the merit of the other case. This is just a suggestion forum and it's purpose is to debate that which we have and that which we do not. I tend to follow the side with the strongest and most accurate logic in my opinion. Whether or not the limit is kept or changed doesn't bother me either way. The thread is here so I debate in it.
Old 2007.05.13, 09:26 PM   #40
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Jer View Post
The thread is here so I debate in it.
Thats exactly why I was debating. I couldnt figure out why, but just the fact that is here draws me @_@. Since I've said a couple of times I did not really care either way. I guess arguing is just in me