Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.11.06, 04:55 PM   #91
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I dont hate Perfume, I just don't think they're what they're hyped to be... all them latest singles have been samey. Tho I did like Laser Beam.

That said, I do listen to Ayumi, which is probably even worse :-p
Old 2011.11.06, 08:27 PM   #92
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

I can't believe people still like Hirama. Maybe it's just me, but his solo albums seriously blow.
Old 2011.11.07, 08:30 AM   #93
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post
I can't believe people still like Hirama. Maybe it's just me, but his solo albums seriously blow.
It is the foreign girl he is doing the work with we don't like.
Old 2011.11.07, 12:50 PM   #94
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

No, I've never really liked Hirama. Even if he is a better guitarist than Uki (which I'm not really sure about), I like Uki's songs better, and I prefer Uki's playing in many cases. HZM on the other hand I LOVE, especially compared to Izawa.
Old 2011.11.07, 12:53 PM   #95
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

I just feel like with the big three, that it's harder to place them into distinct genres like you can with some of the newer stuff. Not to say that all of her old stuff was genre-bending and amazing and groundbreaking, but, for me at least, it doesn't seem to fit as neatly into categories as well as the newer stuff does. Similarly to what people here have said before, a lot of the newer stuff sounds more like Ringo just covering music from different genres, rather than writing something that's in the genre but has something besides "a rock song" "a jazz song". And yes, blah blah unique doesn't always equal good, that's very true. But cookie cutter is very rarely interesting. And I'm not saying that all of her recent releases have been cookie cutter. There's some really interesting songs on Daihakken, and I haven't listened to the Carnation single enough to properly give my take on it. In general, it just feels to me like she isn't experimenting as much anymore, not in the sense that she's not trying enough genres, but that she's not trying enough WITHIN each genre. Quality over quantity, or something. I'd rather have her stick to jazz and write 5 interesting jazz songs than 1 of each generic jazz, pop, rock, ballad, or orchestra.
Ok, I think I'm just rehashing a zillion old points by now, so I'm gonna stop.
Old 2011.11.07, 08:19 PM   #96
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post
Now imagine half an album of Hirama's new songs and the other half from HZM's latest album...except Ringo singing all the songs. lol

Like?
Old 2011.11.09, 06:20 AM   #97
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Now imagine half an album of Hirama's new songs and the other half from HZM's latest album...except Ringo singing all the songs. lol

Like?
I would... most probably not. At least the Hirama half, but having a different vocalist couldn't possibly hurt. Dude sounds like a duck/frog/insert animal with weird voice here.

HZM is pretty dope, though.
Old 2011.12.09, 05:53 AM   #98
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

>> PR thread <<
Closed Thread