Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.11.06, 05:44 PM   #71
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

I seriously should give Disney soundtracks a try, by logic.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 06:29 PM   #72
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I still don't get why of all things Ringo's orchestrated/fluffy broadway wtf works get compared to Disney, and I still don't really understand the negative connotations either.....?

Though, I'm biased because I like Disney and Ringo's broadway/lounge/whatever we are calling it music.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 06:39 PM   #73
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
I still don't get why of all things Ringo's orchestrated/fluffy broadway wtf works get compared to Disney, and I still don't really understand the negative connotations either.....?

Though, I'm biased because I like Disney and Ringo's broadway/lounge/whatever we are calling it music.
the same reason that people refer to anything current ringo does as "nu-ringo," simply because they lack any other descriptors...in the end they just don't like the direction/production that she has taken.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 06:40 PM   #74
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Don't try figuring it out, you will end up looking like

Old 2011.11.06, 07:03 PM   #75
sylfi

sylfi is headed in the right direction

You know, I don't like nu-Ringo or old Ringo. I like Shiina Ringo. I don't get why people have to make distinctions between her pre-Jihen and post-Jihen days. She still makes quality music (in my eyes), so it's all Ringo in my eyes.
sylfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 07:24 PM   #76
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

They make distinctions because there is a distinct difference in Pre-Adult and Post-Adult Shiina.

And come on, all the plucky fluttery strings sounds like candles and tea pots are gonna start singing and dancing.
Old 2011.11.06, 08:31 PM   #77
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Ringo may be producing light and airy, orchestrated pop-ballads nowadays, but she's sure as hell no Alan Menken.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 09:20 PM   #78
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
D'OH, you are right. Then it's Superficial Fan, but I swear I've seen more of them!
I basically don't like avatars, partly because too often they have an emotional impact that clashes with many of the posts made under that particular avatar. It's like having the same expression on your face all the time, no matter what you are saying. Other times they are just annoying, or annoying to see over and over again. Having said all that, honestly the avatars on this board tend to be a good deal more tasteful than what I've seen elsewhere. (Try http://forums.questionablecontent.net/ for instance.) Animated avatars generally make me want to kill someone.

I have my preferences set to see no avatars (though I still end up seeing them, since I sometimes check the board from work without logging in).

Maybe I'll add one some day anyway, if I find one sufficiently neutral, but still worth bothering with. I don't have the usual gadgets most people have these days, so I don't, for instance have a digital camera (or even a cellphone, iPad, etc.).
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 10:52 PM   #79
MagicSword!

MagicSword! has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Apologies for the so-so photo, but here's the free bookmark I got when I bought the single at Tower Records. Small!

MagicSword! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.07, 07:11 AM   #80
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by MagicSword! View Post
Apologies for the so-so photo, but here's the free bookmark I got when I bought the single at Tower Records. Small!

thats first press bonus.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote