Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2009.04.08, 02:36 AM   #61
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I was going to buy the priced-down DVD (18€ at that time), but then I found out through some sites (and Maou) that it's not a conventional Concert DVD and only includes a handful of complete performances, so I dismissed it.
Wouldn't mind buying this priced-down priced-down version, if I had money to buy more items.

Btw, the priced-down version was only going to be available until March 31...
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.10, 01:00 AM   #62
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Maybe it would be better to change the topic title to "Asai Kenichi"?
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.14, 08:57 PM   #63
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I received my DVD and there may have been a catch to this sale. The DVD was already very loose within the inside of the case before I had unsealed it. I found the disc to be very scratched upon opening the case up. It could be that only the shaky discs got sold for so cheap. If anyone received a similarly-loose disc from this same YesAsia 'promotion', then I think it's time we joined together in hating YesAsia more intensely and collectively than any of us have ever hated YesAsia before, almost like a WTO protest in Seattle.

It's nothing that my PX-716UF with DVD Decrypter can't handle (and I know how to burn dual-layer copies that will work in pretty much any player), but I was expecting a factory-pressed disc in good condition, and that's not what I got. The average rental DVD in the sloppy-&-careless US of A is in better condition than this.
Oh well.
Old 2009.06.21, 05:01 AM   #64
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Wanna give these guys a go. What album would you you recommend listening to first?
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.21, 09:32 AM   #65
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

My top three (from first to last) are Skunk, Metal Moon, and Love Flash Fever. But everyone has very different favorites.
Old 2009.06.22, 03:32 AM   #66
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

You can always try the BEST OF and go from there...
Old 2009.06.22, 12:00 PM   #67
Tetsu-Nakamura

Location: From Lisbon, Portugal. Living in São Paulo, Brazil.
Tetsu-Nakamura pleased at least somebody

Asai Kenichi is a genious. Blankey Jet City are insanely good but, believe it or not, I think I like his work on Ajico and SHERBETS even more!

I lost count on how many times I've listened to Fukamidori, Vietnam 1964, Natural and MIRACLE. And MAD DISCO is just tremendous!
Old 2009.06.22, 12:13 PM   #68
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

wow
so you're living here in brazil(sp)?
welcome
/o/

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 08:00 PM   #69
Tetsu-Nakamura

Location: From Lisbon, Portugal. Living in São Paulo, Brazil.
Tetsu-Nakamura pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
wow
so you're living here in brazil(sp)?
welcome
/o/
Yeah, for the past 17 months already.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying it!
Old 2009.06.22, 08:17 PM   #70
Glathannus
True Final Boss

I just wanted to say it's nice to have another Asai Kenichi fan around here. I'm not the most acquainted with Ajico, but I'm very familiar with the entire recording history of Sherbets and it's difficult to find an album of theirs that I don't like. I want to say that Vietnam 1964 is a brilliant album, but what about Siberia? It's kind of like the Muzai Moratorium of Sherbets even though it's not their very first album, and people don't seem to appreciate it enough because these other albums such KSK or Vietnam 1964, flow together so well.

I'm trying to become an intimately-familiar Blankey Jet City listener, but it's not easy even when you own all their albums, because there's just so much stuff to dive into and it's so easy to get lost when you're late into the game. Upon hearing a song, I can almost say which Blankey Jet City album it came from, but I'll be damned if I have to tell you what the song's name is. That's where I'm at.

My JUDE familiarity could also be better.