Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.02.10, 03:09 PM   #21
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Still in the middle of my first listen. Kind of feel ho-hum. Its just not fascinating, arresting or amazing. Really good work by all, but just not extra special... at least not yet. My opinion will undoubtably change.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 03:38 PM   #22
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

out of curiosity, are we all listening to the leak that was posted in private circles which made its way to jpopsuki? I compared 3min on the supposedly 192 to my personal file and the difference in sound was atrocious, there is no way that the source files were ripped to 192, if I had to guess I'd say it was even LESS than 100, probably around 60 or so, I have heard similar files that sound similar compression wise.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 04:51 PM   #23
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by nayth View Post

this is drawings I've done while listening it's kind of a graphic review :
My graphic review !

I love this idea! Not quite sure what is going on in the drawing, but I like it...
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 05:28 PM   #24
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm touched ;____;

the album is awesome

Ikiru (08/10): I love the background effects, they're creepy! And then the song goes weird, and comes back to all the goodness.. it's so weird

Denpa Tsuushin (09/10): GAMAN!!!!!!! Love the chorus D

Season Sayounara (07/10): What's wrong? The song is awesome, but where is the chorus? If there's one, it's no strong nor catchy. But I love it afterall

Kachi-ikusa (07/10): Fever blahh. I like it, but who cares about early leaked songs when you have a bunch of new songs?

FOUL (09/10): The megaphone song on SPORTS! I love all of them, it could not be different to this one !

Uttenkekkou (05/10): Couldn't believe it was written by Ringozawa... don't really like it

Noudouteki Sanpunkan (09/10): Still love it ;D

Zettai Zetsumei (10/10): YES!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TRUE RINGOZAWA WORK! ;__; It's so CUTE! and and aww... That's what you could get if you mix Amagasa with Killertune

FAIR (06/10): It has everything to be the best song on the album.. but it just don't work anymore for me... It's a good song though

Noriki (07/10): I like the chorus

Sweet Spot (08/10): Woo! This song is really good, but the chorus are not SO cool as the verses .. this is happening a lot in this album

Senkou Shoujo (09/10): The only Kameda work... good enough, I like him but I would not want to have another shiseikatsu, SShoujo is fine for me

Kimaru (10/10): This kind of makes me remember of Ichijiku no Hana (it has also the same composer, allegedly)... it scares me, true. I loved this song... Best Opening and Closing tracks couple

Overall, It's one of my favorite TJ albums it's really really nice!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 06:13 PM   #25
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

I was going to post my review of the album, but I don't have much to say that's already been said. Ikiru and Kimaru are both very epic songs that have a lot of atmosphere. If the rest of the album matched the same amount of experimentalism and emotion, this album would have surpassed Adult for me, but I feel the songs in the middle are kind of bland. Some of them are listenable, but they don't strike a chord in me.

Definitely more cohesive and more refined than Variety, though.
imkookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 06:21 PM   #26
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I'm lovin' it so far... Ikiru and Kimaru are like TJ's Shuukyou/Souretsu, I'm kinda impressed with them... The rest of the album is basically pop, but I'm not disappointed at all. The only song I don't really like is Uten Kekkou, which is simply boring... .
cool comparison, I thought souretsu after 5 seconds of the album and was like 'NO!!!! SHE COULDNT DO THAT AGAIN!", that song is like the pinnicle of music for me, but after listening I realized it had Jihen written all over it which is good because theres no such thing as a song like souretsu but better, the best they could do is almost as good.

I agree on Utten. I'm pretty sure that 5 and 6 will be my superstar of this album (but better cause I CAN listen to them) which means I might skip them when I'm not in the mood for the flow of the album. I never like these kinds of songs. And FOUL is just TOO Crawl for me, it doesnt feel new for a band that jumps between styles so readily. Neither are bad but they dont match up for me. I hate to make judgements like this without having full quality (at least for FOUL, I'm 100% sure I wont come to like utten much more). oh well

The one thing I'm not agreeing with is the hate for noriki....I get it because it sounds like it would fit perfectly on variety but its still catchy and is probably one of the 5 songs that feels like they tried something new.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 06:24 PM   #27
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
out of curiosity, are we all listening to the leak that was posted in private circles which made its way to jpopsuki? I compared 3min on the supposedly 192 to my personal file and the difference in sound was atrocious, there is no way that the source files were ripped to 192, if I had to guess I'd say it was even LESS than 100, probably around 60 or so, I have heard similar files that sound similar compression wise.
I havent listened to the jpopsuki one yet but the file sizes are all the same which I guess means its the same one? If it were different I'd expect at least a few KBs difference per song, at least if the old 192 wasnt actually 192 they should be different. And you make it sound like anyone who got it early was in some kind of club or keeping it from other people. I just went to last fm and said to two people 'Hey give me the damn album or I'm going to bite my hand until I bleed' and poof there it was.

I guess you listened!
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 07:20 PM   #28
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I haven't listened. I downloaded the leak and compared 3min with my personal rip of the single and senkou shoujo with my copy. it sounded terrible so I didn't bother to listen to the entire leak, I just skimmed through denpa tsuushin, liked what I heard, didn't want to spoil the rest, and put it away. its still on my HD but I probably won't listen to it. the leak of Adult was similar, as Glath has mentioned, and some members really regret it.

that being said, this wasn't always on jpopsuki. I know you just PMed on last.fm and they gave it to you, but that isn't the way it works on the forum. you weren't around and don't have a name for yourself, but considering my personal history with one member in particular, who, as far as I can trace, is the source of the leak to others at last.fm and eventually jpopsuki and this forum, I doubt if I personally asked they would have shared it with me. it got ugly during HF, Variety, and SG. Hell, HF was half the reason why the old forums closed and the new ones opened. point being, it doesn't happen like this often, it usually is a small group of people who manage to get the album who decide who is and who isn't cool enough to share with. fortunately there are enough members on last.fm and enough new members here who are ignorant of release history, so no worries this time around.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 07:21 PM   #29
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction

i think Uttenkekkou is a cute song
letemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.10, 07:50 PM   #30
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by letemp View Post
i think Uttenkekkou is a cute song
x2, much better than Futarixxx Jikan

Izawa wants to play like HZM in season sayonara...
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote