Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.17, 05:32 PM   #141
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
JR's take on new album: will assume its crap until she hears a single that convinces her otherwise. Secretly wants to be proven wrong.

But thank you for the news zarya!!!

*goes back listening to hypnotic brass ensemble*
I'll join you

*starts waiting for the new Portico Quartet album*

but yeah, this will probably decide if gollum09 will crawl out of the off topic board and see the daylight again.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.04.17, 05:47 PM   #142
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

If you want a random comment from a new fan I only first heard MaruSadi in February on YouTube when I ordered MM. I thought I'd heard it before and hadn't, went crazy with it and it quickly came by far my most played track in iTunes so I'm far from being bored of it... I get the need to play it at least once a day when the song might be old news for you guys. As long as it's a bonus track I guess it's OK.

But 11 new SR compositions, quality. Unless they turn out to be 11 Bokoku Jouchous I'm going to really like them. This album does look fun.

Re: Karisome, I can't decide whether I prefer death jazz or the versions on HF or WtH, I just think of it of the same song - maybe I like Hitokuchizaka the most, it's kind of elegant and cool. Since I'm going to end up owning Expo anyway, I probably wouldn't want the death jazz ver. on this album as well.
Old 2009.04.17, 06:50 PM   #143
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
One thing I'd like kuro_neko to translate is this:
"5月シングルは収録されず、生林檎博のエンディングでBGMとして使用され、問い合わせが相次いだ「丸の内サディスティック (EXPO Ver.)」"
Because I don't know what that BGM implies.
It's talking about how Marunouchi Sadistic (Expo ver.) was played as an ending BGM (background music) to the Expo.
Old 2009.04.17, 06:54 PM   #144
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

I can´t help it... I´m really excited about this! 11 new songs! I´m really interested in how this album will be...

But I agree... Those twos songs really have me worried... Not so much MaruSadi, that sounds more like a bonus track... But Karisome Death Jazz? I like that song a lot, but hey... Isn´t it too old? I hope that track doesn´t affect the album´s quality...

Anyway, I´m overexcited! It´ll be a long wait until June!!!!

MyLastFM
Old 2009.04.17, 07:11 PM   #145
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I just read the whole thread and I have to say

WHAT?
the hell are talking about

Karisome Otome DEATH JAZZ Version is the best song in the whole HF era.
I hope she goes in that direction, that would the most awesome thing ever.

You should remember some of her best songs, like Rinne Highlight and Jazz a Go Go.
Which you probably all hate

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.04.17, 07:51 PM   #146
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I honestly don't get Jihad's hate for it. The DEATH JAZZ version is great, not the best of the HF era, but definitely great.
Old 2009.04.17, 07:54 PM   #147
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Glath, your theory is right. To answer your question, BGM means Background Music. It is usually referring to music that plays over credits or in the background of scenes. In the case of this Marunouchi, they had a pre-recorded studio version that was played at EXPO as the ending BGM, meaning they played it when the show ended over credits (if there were credits) and as people excited, much like the end of a movie. I'm assuming the version we are getting on this cd is the studio source.

I'm also thinking thank Superficial Gossip is going to be Ringo's official English title for Sanmon Gossip. It makes me wonder what role the b-side will play in the album. It would be cool if it was a preview type deal, where it included elements from some of the new works giving us a kind of inside peek at what is too come. Because lets face it, why would ringo release a b-side with the same name as the album and leave it off? It doesn't make sense really.
Old 2009.04.17, 08:04 PM   #148
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Because lets face it, why would ringo release a b-side with the same name as the album and leave it off? It doesn't make sense really.
Hey, it's happened before. Just look at Led Zeppelin's "Houses of the Holy" and Queen's "Sheer Heart Attack".
Old 2009.04.17, 08:18 PM   #149
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
JR's take on new album: will assume its crap until she hears a single that convinces her otherwise. Secretly wants to be proven wrong.

But thank you for the news zarya!!!

*goes back listening to hypnotic brass ensemble*
I reckon the single and the album will be quite different

As I have said before, there's some hip-hop/r&b/whatever elements in Maru EXPO ver. =/
Old 2009.04.17, 08:21 PM   #150
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

The MaruSadi Expo version made me think of the weird SR interview where she mentioned Ukigumo singing with her and their disagreement?
Then this tracks gets on the new album whose title means Superficial Gossip!
Closed Thread