Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.05.14, 12:30 PM   #121
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

What a disappointment this is.
Old 2008.05.14, 01:16 PM   #122
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

but more importantly, how many of these were written by Uki or Izawa?

The answer is 1 =P
Old 2008.05.14, 01:19 PM   #123
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.05.14, 01:25 PM   #124
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

You not only still have to buy the Ringo no Uta single for Ringo Catalogue (which is best listened to after going through most/all of a proper* marathon anyway), but probably for the alternate version of the Ringo no Uta PV as well.

Aside from most of ZCS, Shinjuku Nite (a B-Side from Kabuki-cho no Joou) is also missing. I don't know why they'd include the Mayonaka wa Junketsu B-Side version of Sid to Hakuchuumu, but not also Shinjuku Nite (which is basically Kabuki-cho no Joou and Marunouchi Sadistic acoustically slapped together). Shoujo Robot remains an elusive gem for those who can't (or won't) use a deputy service.

You technically don't have to buy the Koufukuron single for the same reason you don't have to buy the Stem single anymore. You're getting the B-Sides in the native CD collection, and you're getting the A-Sides in PV form, which can be compiled together with the right tools.

*: Every release (albums/singles/concerts) in debut order, including duplicate A-Sides, but no compilations
Old 2008.05.14, 01:35 PM   #125
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Aside from a few tracks that I feel are redundant, works for me. CD-1 is eerily similar to a mix I made last year. They are both about what I thought it would be, without fucking up what I thought it would be, although I don't know why she didn't bother to stick on all of her PVs. I am going to go ahead and get the DVD as well, but I probably won't watch it more than a few times.
Old 2008.05.14, 02:19 PM   #126
_SR

_SR pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
While anything is possible, I wouldn't be so sure about that scenario. It's looking more like a longtime lurker who didn't register until they felt like they had something original to say.
long time shiina lover, just never posted or knew these forums existed until someone mentioned them over at JPM (I am another_truth over there in case anyone knows me)

and I am a female too, should have noticed and chaged that. whoops

oh and the EMI site mentions that "ringo10th.com" will open on the 27th with photos, samples, etc. as well as a message from shiina.

Last edited by _SR : 2008.05.14 at 02:27 PM.
Old 2008.05.14, 02:32 PM   #127
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Man, I can't think of a single reason to buy this right now except it's a shiny new SR product.

I've got all those tunes. I've got all those videos.

Why do I need this set?

I want answers!!!!
Old 2008.05.14, 02:43 PM   #128
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

These sets aren't usually for the hardcore fans (which is why the usually tack on one new song...don't know why this isnt the case for the cd tho)

These are good for the fans that maybe only bought SS or Adult and new fans that need a good place to start getting acquainted with Shiina. Pus it savesthe new fan from having to buyallthe singles for the b-sides.

This is why I'm suprised there are no actual A-sides on the cd. But hey, its a b-side collection. There's still quality songs. Cuz its solo! ZING!
Old 2008.05.14, 02:55 PM   #129
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I think it's great that the CDs are not a "best of". It is probably designed exactly for the fans who have picked up on her in the TJ years, and is a suitable collection of her odds and ends. Her 10th necessitates a "retrospective" of some sort. This is a wise way to go about it. Granted, I don't own any of the singles (sorry, Glath), or good copies of the PVs.
Old 2008.05.14, 04:10 PM   #130
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

first press of cd comes with a form for a drawing for presale tickets of the live, logo sticker and special double paper jacket

first press of dvd comes with a form for a drawing for presale tickets of the live, logo sticker and sleeve case jacket

a special anniversary website will be opened on May 27th ( www.ringo10th.com ) with new stuff and a new msg from ringo and ... sample for the new PV!

edit: oh sorry, someone already posted it!

Yoeko Kurahashi?

Last edited by Yahiko : 2008.05.14 at 04:15 PM.
Closed Thread