Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.11.09, 08:15 PM   #11
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

My music is played mainly on my laptop through a pair of M-Audio BX5 studio speakers. I really need to get a better DAC for it. I mainly play FLACS in foobar2000, and recently ripped my whole CD collection in the program.

When using headphones, I use a pair of Sony MDR-V5s. Instead of my laptop's DAC, I connect to the headphone outputs on a Blue Yeti USB Microphone, which sounds a lot better.

For comparisons sake, all of the new songs on SUNNY sound brickwalled to shit through my speakers, but they sound pretty great through the headphone setup.

I also have a surround sound setup, a Harman Kardon AVR147 Receiver with 5 old Cambridge Soundworks surround speakers as satellites. I still need a subwoofer, as the old Cambridge one blew out a long time ago. My old backwards-compatible PS3 finally died on me a few months ago, and it sucks that the PS4 can't play CDs, or else I'd listen to music through the receiver more.

I'm tempted to get into turntables. I know nothing about them really, but we've got a vintage Lenco turntable in the garage. Right now though my main priority is upgrading the DAC for my laptop. Any suggestions?
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote