Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.07.31, 05:33 PM   #1
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default New Fatal Frame theme songs

The new Fatal Frame IV (zero -tsukihami no kamen-) was released today, and the theme song, as expected was made by Tsukiko Amano ( since the FFII ).. I preordered the new single but it didn't arrive yet ;_; though.. the file is out on the webs already!! And D: omg this song is pretty good .. it's called zero no chouritsu (just call my name).. for the game, the japanese version was used:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40129496/...ritsu.m4a.html

also, this time she did 2 songs for the game O: .. the other one is called NOISE and it's the ending theme for it:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40124646/...ritsu.mp3.html (don't care about the filename)

both are nice songs to get into Tsukiko Amano... since there are so many threads in 2ch comparing Ringo with her..

well I love both anyway

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.31, 05:38 PM   #2
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

tsukko = love
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.31, 05:39 PM   #3
Yahiko

your uma = love

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.07.31, 05:43 PM   #4
kuro_neko

my uma = sealed twice (factory and personal)

its like in an airtight lock. that thing is going in a time capsule
Old 2008.08.01, 08:27 PM   #5
Yahiko

she just announced today she will stop her career ;__________________;

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.08.02, 07:20 AM   #6
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

omg
T_______T

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.02, 09:17 AM   #7
kuro_neko

to be more specific

Amano Tsukiko is releasing an album titled "ZERO" on September 3rd. She is releasing a limited edition through Otokura Shop where they are printing 2000 with an extended booklet that includes the name of everyone who ordered. She said she wanted, somehow, to include everyone in this work, so there were signs from the beginning that she was really thinking a lot about this release. She even mentioned that her second to last single, Howling, was meant possibly as her last and she has probably had the idea in her head for a really long time. Her latest single, Zero no Chouritsu, is the leading single for the new album and the english version of that song, ZERO, is assumed to be the title track and included on the album. A PV was recently shot for this as well. She has stated in her blog that she will be "returning to the zero" in which she explains how she has come full circle, said everything she feels she has wanted to say as Amano Tsukiko (which is a stage name, at least the Tsukiko part is), and that she wants to return to zero, to nothing, to infinite possibility, where she can start to walk again. She says that she on the outside she is ceasing work but she is going to continue to work as a musician. Whether this means she forms a band such as Ringo did with Tokyo Jihen (ala A Lunch and Himitsu Circle Tiger), continues to write for other bands as she does with 9nine and Earthshaker, or if she does something else entirely, no one really knows for sure.

but she has promised at least one more live show and we have a whole new album of original material to look forward to.

As of right now, for anyone who likes her, these are the tracks that are mostly confirmed and mostly reported to be on the album from word of mouth (official blogs and live reports)

Howling
Heaven's Gate
SPY
ZERO (english vers Zero no Chouritsu)
Polar Bear
KITCHEN
Hands
Itodenwa
Hello
Noise

here you can listen to her latest single, Zero no Chouritsu, the theme song for Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

天野月子 ゼロの調律

and she has also contributed another song, NOISE, as the ending song for the game as well, which you can hear here:

天野月子 NOISE

enjoy ~

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2008.08.02 at 09:24 AM.
Old 2008.08.02, 02:22 PM   #8
Yahiko

*cries in a corna*

the second vid uses an img from my website xD www.irezumi.firez.org

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.08.03, 10:41 AM   #9
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

So diamonds in the rough? meh...
Sounds very radio ready stuff for me...
now dont get me wrong i like tsukikos production to some extent
but honestly these two new songs are nothing epic like koe or chou.
at least not for my taste,
I feel like she just did the same as tecmo did for Sony or Sony did for
tecmo.

Abandoned the support and interest for the game.

I just cant hear or look these songs as fatal Framish for some reason.
Now please dont beat me for my opinion it's just a opinion, but thats the way i see it.
Old 2008.08.03, 03:42 PM   #10
kuro_neko

aesthetically speaking, Fatal Frame is a very dark series. Chou and Koe fit the atmosphere of the game extremely well. Recently AT has done a lot of experimenting musically and I don't think her style is nearly as dark as Chou and Koe pigeonholed her. She has done a lot of upbeat pop and other styles as well. If she released Koe/Chou Part 3 I think everyone who is an actual fan would be disappointed. Maybe that is what the FF fans prefer, but I'm an AT fan before a FF fan and I speak for all of us when I say that we don't want to see her just repeat that same format over and over as the FF theme song singer. It just doesn't suit her as an artist and she has so much more going for her and things to put out there than just dark brooding rock ballads.

As for the actual song, I haven't heard the studio version yet because I am waiting for my single but I have heard the song live and I can say that it retains what I personally consider the best elements of Chou and Koe, mainly the tragic and epic sound. The lyrical content, even more than sonically, supports this.

In the end it is just up to personal taste I suppose. This song is definitely much more catchy, more upbeat. I haven't even listened to NOISE yet but I will say that FF is under new direction so there were doubts that the people in Grasshopper would even pick her music for the theme again because in the past Grasshopper has used their own people to do music.

However, they picked this music and from what I know about the game as a fan I can say that the music fits perfectly. To me that is.

I don't know why you insist Sony and Tecmo abandoned each other or any of that. That isn't the case at all. And Tsukiko certainly never abandoned support or interest at all. She and her fans are all FF fans, she was in the ghost and camera club in school, and she talks about playing it, she is a pretty big gamer.

She even wrote a song about Myst.....

have you seen the official trailer for FF 4 yet? The song fits perfectly if you watch the trailer. At least that was how I felt

fatal frame IV: mask of the lunar eclipse-trailer

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2008.08.03 at 03:53 PM.