Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.09, 09:26 AM   #31
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Haha, Hedo.. you know we're not in the jacket thread right now, right?
Haha, yeah, dude, I know. I was just pointing out that I thought the thread about her jacket was just as inconsequential as the other one about her weight. I think with the one about her weight it was just that most people thought she looked fine so everyone got mad that someone would criticize her there, hence the closed thread.

But, although I think this thread is not far from the kind of talks about looks, I do agree with JR in that its not completely useless because it clears up some things about her divorce and such which I did not even know some of the details.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 09:33 AM   #32
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

it was from a long biography published about her....Brad (yes...*that* Brad) was translating it if I remember, he was a sometimes user of the old forum and it should be back-catalogued there, although I am just about to jump out the door and can't dig it up. It had lots of interesting stories about her. My personal favorite was how when she discovered what the true nature of her vagina was, she got so upset she locked herself in her room for a week by pushing a cabinet in front of the door or something and her parents and even teachers came and tried to get her to come out, they thought she was going to off herself, XD.

that is also the only real time she has talked about her scars and her operations growing up. how she had to quit ballet and piano because of the operations, they left her collar bone and shoulders asymmetrical and so her parents and teachers apparently thought this destroyed any real future for these exploits and she stopped....that is when she picked up a guitar and started getting into heavy rock

oh wait, I almost forgot, my personal favorite is when she was younger she used to work at a pizza place (she sings about it in Marunouchi) and her mother used to tell her "I hope your career doesn't involve your voice..."

XDXD

who's making the family proud now? definitely not her brother hahah

edit: I forget the name of the disease, but basically it caused her trachea to get very narrow as it approached the lungs and could probably be attributed to the nature of her voice.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.12.09 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spelling error
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 09:46 AM   #33
alleon86

alleon86 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
it was from a long biography published about her....Brad (yes...*that* Brad) was translating it if I remember, he was a sometimes user of the old forum and it should be back-catalogued there, although I am just about to jump out the door and can't dig it up. It had lots of interesting stories about her. My personal favorite was how when she discovered what the true nature of her vagina was, she got so upset she locked herself in her room for a week by pushing a cabinet in front of the door or something and her parents and even teachers came and tried to get her to come out, they thought she was going to off herself, XD.

that is also the only real time she has talked about her scars and her operations growing up. how she had to quit ballet and piano because of the operations, they left her collar bone and shoulders asymmetrical and so her parents and teachers apparently thought this destroyed any real future for these exploits and she stopped....that is when she picked up a guitar and started getting into heavy rock

oh wait, I almost forgot, my personal favorite is when she was younger she used to work at a pizza place (she sings about it in Marunouchi) and her mother used to tell her "I hope your career doesn't involve your voice..."

XDXD

who's making the family proud now? definitely not her brother hahah

edit: I forget the name of the disease, but basically it caused her trachea to get very narrow as it approached the lungs and could probably be attributed to the nature of her voice.
ahh.. it it possible to post the whole biography?
alleon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 10:11 AM   #34
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

wow kuro neko, that post was awesome. If she was disgusted at her vagina back in the day, I wonder how long it took to get over it. I wonder when she lost her virginity? She writes about sex on her demo tapes right? so does that mean she lost it before she was legal?

But I really hope you can find that article. I'll love it if its half as interesting as your posts.

Edit: It would appear she did not write about sex on her demo. I looked but couldn't find the song I thought she sung in her demo.

Last edited by jigenbakuda : 2007.12.09 at 10:25 AM. Reason: I lied
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 11:56 AM   #35
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
...Now I learn more towards shiina got screwed in the affair...
Was the pregnancy really an accident? I read somewhere SR and Junji made the decision to have the baby, did it, succeeded, and then got married.

Anyone want to confirm/deny this?
Old 2007.12.09, 12:59 PM   #36
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Was the pregnancy really an accident? I read somewhere SR and Junji made the decision to have the baby, did it, succeeded, and then got married.

I don't know about shiina's situation, but I know that sounds like a mighty nice story. Were they married or engaged longer than 9 months prior to her son being born? Man love makes you do some stupid stuff... How long was their marriage, please tell me at least 15 months.

But anyways it sounds fishy... A dude has a mistress and leaves his wife for his mistress (isn't that a woman's dream), then they decide to get married and even to have a kid. But they messed up along the way and discover that they really can't stand each other or their life goals were not the same so they divorce. It just doesn't sound right, but I guess stranger things have happened...

Last edited by jigenbakuda : 2007.12.09 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2007.12.09, 01:01 PM   #37
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
But they messed up along the way and discover that they really can't stand each other or their life goals were not the same so they divorce. It just doesn't sound right, but I guess stranger things have happened...
If what Maou said is true about her ex being a very normal and stock guitarist, than I think it's obvious why Ringo could not live with him. He was probably content in being normal and she obviously aspires for greater things. Kind of makes you wonder how she got with him in the first place >_<.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 01:22 PM   #38
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
If what Maou said is true about her ex being a very normal and stock guitarist, than I think it's obvious why Ringo could not live with him. He was probably content in being normal and she obviously aspires for greater things. Kind of makes you wonder how she got with him in the first place >_<.
Yea I never thought of it that way. It would make a lot of sense that way, too. If he is a plain regular guy, it would not mix well at all. She is a very dynamic person, she feels the need to reinvent herself every couple of years. But she might need a similar type of man. Which bring us back to the question, why were they together? The only thing that keeps completely unrelated and uncompatable people together is good sex (in my limited experience). But for me to come to the conclusion that it was the sex keeping them together, I would need more information on their personal life, which is impossible.
Old 2007.12.09, 04:37 PM   #39
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post

This is true. It was in a general statement both Ringo and Junji released with the news that she was pregnant. They definitely had the baby on purpose.

The man I have been dating and I decided "OK, let's have a baby", so we worked hard to make one.
This is from the Ringo Trivia Thread, Interviews section. Some of you may want to check it out.

And the biography and the interview that we're talking about are two different things. The biography is the book 'Ringo Allergy,' it's unauthorized and written by a third party--so she has no part in it--and I'm pretty sure it never mentions the vagina thing. I'm not sure if I've ever read the interview where she said the other stuff, but I'd like to. kuro_neko, if you can dig it up, that would be great.

The biography has been uploaded by me for a while now and is available HERE. It is not completely translated (I'd like to finish it someday maybe) but there's still a lot of good info in it. It was translated by Brian Dunn and I added a few updates/corrections (a very small amount).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 05:20 PM   #40
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ugh shiinapg your icon makes me remember why hata is so hot and makes me shudder at his hair choices as of recently
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote