Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.11.21, 08:56 AM   #61
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

kuro neko made a joke about an amano tsukiko song called fukurou where she goes on "goloskehohho (ゴロスケホーホー)"
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.21, 02:22 PM   #62
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

oh
very funny
Attached Images
File Type: gif verygood.gif (84.4 KB, 125 views)
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.21, 03:16 PM   #63
Yahiko

LOL mean people
Old 2007.11.21, 03:54 PM   #64
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Nice avatar
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.21, 05:05 PM   #65
Yahiko

wohooooo thank you! but i was stupid enough to lose the psd file x_x'
Old 2007.12.02, 05:04 PM   #66
SEULEMENTTSERAED

SEULEMENTTSERAED pleased at least somebody

Not going to disagree to any of the comments that have been posted on this thread; just some nobody's interpretation here. I think that the PV could be well about friends, and then at the same time, find it could easily be two lovers. Two girls that have found someone so common that they can relate to. Maybe even sisters. The older one (I'm not sure if she's older, but she's taller) seems to almost be in charge between the two. The younger one is always following her lead, it seems, even when they're moving in unison. It's as if the elder one taught the younger one. The older one could be an older sister figure.

...Sorry, this interpretation is pathetically metaphroric and purple-prosy and whatnot. When they start running away from each other, it's as if at the angles that they're shot at angles where if you hadn't seen the beginning of the PV, it appears as if they're running towards each other. Someone and I had a ...long, crazy discussion of this PV alone, and we went so far as to come up with a stupid little story behind it.

It's as if the elder one says 'Run, and when you get there where you're headed, I'll be there, too. Run as fast as you can, the faster you run, the sooner we can meet again.' The younger one's hesitant. It reminds me of Orpheus and Eurydice, but Orpheus and Eurydice are running the opposite ways.

Running away from each other, it's as if the elder one's telling the younger one to remember that the world isn't flat, it's round, and if she runs fast enough, just like her own self will, then they can meet even sooner, but -- no matter what, not to turn back. The younger one runs, taking her word for it-- But turns back, doubting her, even though all this time shown in the PV she seems the type to never even question the elder one; she's put every bit of whatever belief she has into the elder girl.

...If someone told you to run the other way, and someday they'd meet you again, wouldn't you be thinking you're being pitted into a one-sided love? From anyone else's point of view, I think they'd feel as if they were, but from the younger girl, who actually ran, to her, it was impossible. -- But in the end, for all the time she was running she thinks: What if she just wants to rid of me? Will she really come back for me, or will we ever meet again?

...So, yeah. The elder one, I think, really wasn't lying. AS if there was an obstacle that was separating them, that they could only meet in secrecy, or just time that had to pass. But the younger one couldn't wait. She had to know, and so the elder one, who might have wanted to pursue whatever goal she was running for, was definitely honest about meeting again -- but since the younger girl looked back, they couldn't meet again. Even the elder one lost faith.

...And so, yeah.

I'll shut up now.
SEULEMENTTSERAED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 07:20 AM   #67
evilBOXevil

evilBOXevil pleased at least somebody

Yeah, it could be some kind of lesbo thing...
or it could be some kind of one girl succeeds and the other is a loser thing...
Or it could be a "Hmmm...we have almost no budget, Ringo's contract requires that we show an iPod iPod, and an empty school gymnasium...lets just do stupid crap" kind of thing...

I don't know if it has any meaning, but this is the kind of pv I don't mind seeing. The imagery is so uninteresting that it kind makes you pay more attention to the song- which I think is a good thing.

"you don't go in my bathroom with me"
evilBOXevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 12:45 PM   #68
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

amano tsukiko fukurou
Originally Posted by Fukurou View Post
O...kay...
sorry I didn't see your response. gorosukehoho is supposedly the sound an owl makes in Japanese. Even Japanese people think it is kind of ludicrous and funny, if you say it and they are like what the hell is that and your like that is an owl call, like hoot hoot, and they are all like WTF where did you hear that.

it is in an Amano Tsukiko song called fukurou-where she is essentially an owl, and the owl call is the first thing that comes out of her mouth in most of the verses.

Originally Posted by Canto View Post
I'm not a amano tsukiko fan.
And don't really wanna be one.
good, because no one was talking to you

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.12.12 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 04:20 PM   #69
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
gorosukehoho is supposedly the sound an owl makes in Japanese. Even Japanese people think it is kind of ludicrous and funny, if you say it and they are like what the hell is that and your like that is an owl call, like hoot hoot, and they are all like WTF where did you hear that.
HAHAHAHAHAH NO WAY. That whole thing?? "Gorosukehoho" is supposed to = "hoot hoot"? Hahahaa thats just like the ridiculous animal noises that exist in French. Cocorico (rooster), coin coin (ducks), beh (sheep), and quite possibly the best one ever... MEUH (cows).

ohh maannnn XD I gotta try that sometime. And I need to learn all the Japanese sounds for what animals make beyond dogs and cats.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 07:30 PM   #70
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
HAHAHAHAHAH NO WAY. That whole thing?? "Gorosukehoho" is supposed to = "hoot hoot"? Hahahaa thats just like the ridiculous animal noises that exist in French. Cocorico (rooster), coin coin (ducks), beh (sheep), and quite possibly the best one ever... MEUH (cows).

ohh maannnn XD I gotta try that sometime. And I need to learn all the Japanese sounds for what animals make beyond dogs and cats.
yeah its all sorts of ridiculous. At one of her lives they did this awesome version of the b-side from that single and the guitarist at the show was the one who recorded the track and he told his story about how when he went in to hear her recording the track for the first time he was really into it and feeling it and then she opened her mouth to sing and "gorosukehoho" came out and he was like HUH, totally scooby doo, and so they proceeded to look it up in the dictionary.

oh crazy animal noise. I will never understand that one, although kero kero (frogs) do make sense.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote