Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.06.12, 08:45 PM   #621
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Bonsai Hada is her best vocal performance. Maybe not technically, but that song is so emotive. I really hope she performs it. Accordion makes everything better.

I don't really get the deal with Momen no Hankerchief. It's too long and repetitive.

EXPO Version MaruSado
Yattsuke Shigoto
Yami ni Furu Ame
Blackout/Sounan

etc.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.12, 08:53 PM   #622
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I think she really needs more longer length songs, she's been far too occupied with 3-4 minute ditties for far too long now (which truly ARE repetitive- Shijou no Jinsei being the worst offender)- that have no real momentum or direction. Momen no Handkerchief really gives itself room to live and breathe. And once the piano kicks in... wow.

But yes, more lesser played gems and less overkilled tracks please. Not that this will happen in her current mindstate I don't think.

I think we've had a career's worth of MaruSad to be quite honest. Though I don't hate the song. Why can't she just do it in it's original form for a change. That would probably be more refreshing than another rearrangment I reckon.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.06.12 at 09:00 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.13, 09:35 AM   #623
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Bonsai Hada is her best vocal performance. Maybe not technically, but that song is so emotive. I really hope she performs it. Accordion makes everything better.
Ugh. I wish I never had to hear an accordion in another Ringo song/performance ever again.

You may get your wish. She may perform Bonsai Hada. However, it likely wouldn't have an accordion and would be a completely new arrangement. Remember this is supposed to be a throwback to her old Ecstasy tours so expect a band setup and arrangements like Electric Mole. If Bonsai Hada is performed, don't be surprised if it's a piano version instead.

I don't really get the deal with Momen no Hankerchief. It's too long and repetitive.
upsetjaguarsfan.gif

I love when peeps are rallying around a good rock song and you come along not understanding why people like it. You did the same with Tadashii Machi. It's a very Maou thing to do.

I like it mainly for superficial reasons. The musical performance is nothing special, but gets the job done. The guitar is particularly ass just like every song on the Kameda disc. The drums, however, carry the song with a punchy sound reminiscent of MM. I like it for the fact that Ringo is singing a man's part, singing it well and I just like the story of the song. I also love how the whole song shifts tone depending on who is singing. It's more upbeat when Ringo sings, but becomes more somber when Nao is singing. Perfectly fits the lyrics.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Momen no Handkerchief really gives itself room to live and breathe. And once the piano kicks in... wow.
What piano? That's baldy from Gyakutai Glycogen playing a keyboard. Step yo instrument game up, DG!

But yes, more lesser played gems and less overkilled tracks please. Not that this will happen in her current mindstate I don't think.
Do you remember the Kameda Anniversary show that SR performed at? She performed Akane Sasu... with the Expo '08 band. I want that, Memai and a bossa nova Aozora.
Old 2015.06.13, 10:36 AM   #624
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

I can't believe no one has mentioned Toki ga Bousou Suru. If there's ever been an underplayed gem, that is it.
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.13, 12:50 PM   #625
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Have you ever read the lyrics?
Old 2015.06.13, 06:13 PM   #626
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Remember this is supposed to be a throwback to her old Ecstasy tours so expect a band setup and arrangements like Electric Mole.
All I know is that I would kill to see Shiina, H ZETT M, and Midorin together on stage in a non-EXPO setting.

I don't even care who plays bass and guitar in that scenario.

(Seems like it would be too long a tour for Midorin and maybe H ZETT M, though )
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.13, 06:49 PM   #627
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I'm surprised she hasn't brought back Kameda yet.

She should hire Hajimetal so he'll stop spamming the Midori page on last.fm in hopes of making some cash.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.06.13 at 07:16 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.14, 08:33 AM   #628
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
All I know is that I would kill to see Shiina, H ZETT M, and Midorin together on stage in a non-EXPO setting.

I don't even care who plays bass and guitar in that scenario.

(Seems like it would be too long a tour for Midorin and maybe H ZETT M, though )
Agree about HZM and Midorin, but strongly disagree with your take on guitar. Ukigumo or someone as talentless as Yayoshi would ruin it more me. EM was special because there was no weak link in the band.

I'm kinda expecting the band to be the Expo '08 band (Nagoshi, Kameda, Noriyasu Kawamura) + HZM. Kameda is the biggest stretch from that band since he hasn't been around at all since Carnation.
Old 2015.06.14, 09:00 AM   #629
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

That guitar line was secretly just bait for you
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.14, 04:48 PM   #630
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

What's the deal with Kameda anyway? Why did he peace out after Jihen? I figure she would have kept him around seeing how good of a bass player he is and how much they worked together in the past on her solo work too.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote