Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.10.27, 04:29 PM   #241
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kalmia View Post
And is that reeeally the album cover...?
I'm guessing (and hoping) that it's just the digital preorder cover/placeholder.

The physical version isn't out till late November and there's been no cover reveal of it yet. Fingers crossed. If not, what can you do?

It's kinda weird how quiet Dingding is about the actual album tbh, she's more concerned about her performance for the royals.

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
I have to say, I liked Harmony a bit more than The Coming Ones.
I think you'll find Harmony runs out of steam quite fast but on the short term is the easier of the two to get into. It does have 2, terrible, almost embarrassing tracks on it too (Lucky Day and Introspection) which I always cut out of my playlist when listening. It's a shame too cause the opening run is amazing. The Coming Ones grows and grows on you and really works as a full album. This is the first time I saw Dingding as something more than just a quirky musician from China and gave her my full attention. At least that's how it worked for me. Also, make sure you're listening to Chinese version, cause International version kinda pales in comparison.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.27 at 04:35 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.27, 08:25 PM   #242
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I hope so too! But I actually like every song on Harmony.

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
I'm working my way back through Sa Dingding's catalog since all I've listened to is The Comings Ones and Wonderland. I listened to Coming Ones again today, then to Harmony. I have to say, I liked Harmony a bit more than The Coming Ones. I've already downloaded her newest album and listened to the first two tracks and so far it sounds good. Will listen to the rest sometime soon. I've been too into the newest Passepied to listen to anything else right now.

I like Harmony better than The Coming Ones too. But don't forget the album before Harmony!

Last edited by kalmia : 2015.10.27 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Ninja'd
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.28, 04:59 PM   #243
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I wrote some nice stuff about Pefume's latest single here

https://deadgrandmablog.wordpress.co...me-star-train/
Old 2015.10.28, 08:54 PM   #244
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Just made it through the new sa ding ding for the first time. really liking it so far. i'll need a few more listening in my car/through headphones to truly absorb it but this is just up my alley. Thanks for the rec DG!

Any of you guys excited about Grimes' new album? I liked a lot of her older stuff but wasn't really optimistic for anything new but I really like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE
Old 2015.10.28, 08:56 PM   #245
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

lol

Don't know why I ever let myself get excited by LEVEL3. They peaked with Triangle and it's obvious Nakata's Perfume has since been exhausted of all original material.

It should've happened in 2013, but for the first time in years I'm not looking forward to anything with Nakata's stamp on it. Perfume's done, KPP had a better run than anyone could've expected but should've stopped at Nanda Collection, Meg's moved on, and Capsule... ...well, Caps Lock and Wave Runner are better than Ambien, I'll give 'em that.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.29, 08:45 PM   #246
deadgrandma

OK. Have some time to sit down and listen to Divers (Joanna Newsom). Here we go again!
Old 2015.10.31, 06:14 PM   #247
deadgrandma

WILD THRONE album review https://deadgrandmablog.wordpress.co...t-of-darkness/
Old 2015.11.01, 04:31 PM   #248
deadgrandma

New Paipaidekami single out December. Some more info here
https://deadgrandmablog.wordpress.co...e-in-december/
Old 2015.11.02, 03:58 AM   #249
deadgrandma

Been re-visiting Susanne Sundfor's 'Ten Love Songs' album and I think I was too fast to give up on it. It's really grown in the time it's been out and now I feel it's something really special.

Oh and it's PV is AWESOME

Accelerate
Old 2015.11.02, 12:09 PM   #250
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Still exploring and listening to Sa Dingding's back catalog before listening to her new album in full. I think I do like The Coming One's more than Harmony now. That song Lucky Day is pretty embarrassing.

Is the International version of The Coming Ones remixed completely differently than the Chinese release? I listened to Love In 2012 on the Chinese version and it was a piano version instead. I'm assuming every song is then slightly different? I liked the international version of Love in 2012 better, actually. UGH, I hate stuff like this because now I have to sit here and decide between versions of songs when I wish there was only one version to make my life easier.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote