Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.11.22, 07:13 AM   #31
shiinafile

shiinafile is headed in the right direction

Yuki's pretty consistent in her pop sensibilities. I love MEAN MACHINE too. Anyone notice that ,"Air Wave" sounds exactly like George Harrison's "My sweet lord" and he was sued for millions for coping the song from somebody else. Air wave is still a great song. Looking forward to her new stuff. I love that video with her in her knickers just singing solo about this old tale of a hippopontamus.

Last edited by shiinafile : 2009.11.22 at 08:12 AM. Reason: add
shiinafile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 03:54 PM   #32
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

that was quick! YUKI has announced her next new single, her 20th single, so to commemorate the release they are planning it for her birthday! the single is called ureshikutte dakiaou and it comes out on the 2.17.2010
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 04:32 PM   #33
darkdisco

darkdisco pleased at least somebody

^ That's exciting.

Cosmic Box is nice, but I think Rendezvous was a lot better. Or maybe I'm just biased since I love the low-budget video.
darkdisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 06:34 PM   #34
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by darkdisco View Post
^ That's exciting.

Cosmic Box is nice, but I think Rendezvous was a lot better. Or maybe I'm just biased since I love the low-budget video.
haha, yeah, her singles have been really hit or miss these past few years. Kisha ni Notte was her strongest single she has released in quite a long time and arguably her best ballad since Prism. Rendezvous is fun but it got old kind of fast for me...I usually prefer the b-side to the a-side on that track, although the video for Rendezvous is amazingly well done. Cosmic Box is another one of the meh sounding singles for me, and I have the b-side from last year (which was a digital release for Christmas), so there isn't much new material here. counting all her singles we have:

biscuit
hoshikuzu sunset
wonderline
kisha ni notte
cosmic box
ureshikutte dakiaouyo

and she STILL has to release a new studio album since WAVE (which came out on the same day as the tour DVD for Just Can't Help It...) three years ago. Since biscuit and hoshikuzu sunset were on 5 -star- and message is the b-side to cosmic box, I'd say she is due for a new album which includes

wonderline
kisha ni notte
rendezvous
cosmic box
ureshikutte dakiaouyo

I really hate it when artists release a whole crapload of singles and then just stick them on an album with some of the b-sides and an extra three new tracks and call it a "new original album" ugh. chances are just life alright, miss yesterday, and the bside for the new album could all make it on the new album...
Old 2010.01.01, 10:20 PM   #35
kuro_neko

YUKI *FINALLY* announced a new album, set for release 03.10 the album comes out a month after her single of the same name, Ureshikute Dakiaou and going to be filled with songs of happiness, from morning to night. It will have Kisha ni Notte, Rendezvous, Cosmic Box, and the new single Ureshikute Dakiaou on it and the first press will come with a DVD with those four PVs and a specially filmed video for the DVD.

Interesting that Wonderline got left off. Biscuit and Hoshikuzu Sunset were on 5-star- and Kisha ni Notte is on this, so Wonderline got left somewhere in between and now lives on as a single only release. interesting choice.
Old 2010.01.02, 12:33 AM   #36
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I really hate it when artists release a whole crapload of singles and then just stick them on an album with some of the b-sides and an extra three new tracks and call it a "new original album" ugh.
Well someone wasn't pleased with Ultra Blue!
Old 2010.01.02, 08:56 PM   #37
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
Well someone wasn't pleased with Ultra Blue!
hahah, I was actually referring to WAVE, YUKI's last "original" album, but Ultra Blue falls into that category too. When I saw Colors was going to be on that I almost threw up. In its defense though, it is WAY better than her latest album, which had less singles upon release.

I just hope YUKI's new album manages to evolve her sound a bit more. I love Prismic, I love Commune, I like Joy, I like the singles from WAVE, but on a whole Joy and Wave dont' have the same growth that Prismic and Commune exhibited. Since a lot of the producing is by one company Ageha Springs I think, it sounds too similar. Kisha ni Notte and Rendezvous were steps in the right direction I think....Cosmic Box is alright, but it sounds a bit too predictable in a way. I like what she had to say about Kisha ni Notte, saying that it was a song only she could do, that is the type of music she sound be singing. Its too early to tell about her next single, but with 4 singles and probably 11 tracks, I'd be surprised if the 7 were all new songs. I bet they will slap on the b-sides and add another 3 new tracks like they did with WAVE. Its not the singles being on which are a problem, its the b-sides....
Old 2010.01.28, 08:53 AM   #38
kuro_neko

YUKI finally lifted the veil off her new album:

Ureshikutte Dakiauyo

1. asa ga kuru (morning comes)
2. present
3. cosmic box
4. rendezvous
5. just life! all right!
6. chinese girl
7. renai moyou (love's design)
8. sayonara okaeri (goodbye, welcome back)
9. ureshikutte dakiauyo
10. miss yesterday
11. kisha ni notte
12. onaji te (same hand)
13. yoru ga kuru (night comes)

first press will come with slightly altered front image (as most of her singles have been), and a DVD containing the official PV's for all 4 of the album singles and a special video titled Dance! Dance! Dance! with YUKI performing a special dance performance on the stage of a local gymnasium representing the music and themes of the album.

umm...YUKI interpretative dance? HECK YES!!
Old 2010.01.31, 10:56 PM   #39
kuro_neko

new pv for ureshikutte dakiauyo is out!

ureshikutte dakiauyo
Old 2010.01.31, 11:14 PM   #40
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

thanks for the info and PV Kuro!