Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 12:00 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [SR] 2000.12.07 - Gekokujou Ecstasy (DVD) [Concert Video]

下剋上エクスタシー (Gekokujou Ecstasy)

01. 本能 (Honnou)
02. 虚言症 (Kyogenshou)
03. 歌舞伎町の女王 (Kabuki-chou no Joou)
04. あおぞら (Aozora)
05. Intermission
06. 月に負け犬 (Tsuki ni Makeinu)
07. アイデンティティ (Identity)
08. 警告 (Keikoku)
09. Intermission
10. Love Is Blind
11. 正しい街 (Tadashii Machi)
12. 積木遊び (Tsumiki Asobi)
13. 弁解ドビュッシー (Benkai Debussy)
14. 幸福論 (Koufukuron)
15. Intermission
16. 罪と罰 (Tsumi to Batsu)
17. 依存症 (Izonshou)
18. シドと白昼夢 (Sid to Hakuchuumu)
19. 病床パブリック (Byoushou Public)
20. 丸の内サディスティック (Marunouchi Sadistic)
21. Finale
Total playtime: 1:34:03

Second-Press Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.30, 06:36 PM   #4
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I was surprised to find out that this dvd is not region free like I expected. Is it the only release that is this way? I know all my Sexual Healings are region free, and so are Electric Mole, Dynamite In/Out, JCHI and tokyo incidents vol. 1.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.24, 03:51 AM   #5
Daze

Daze pleased at least somebody

Hi, I would like to buy this great DVD and I noticed there's also a version in a slipcase. Was this an initial release thing and does anyone know where I can get the slipcase version? Thanks...
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.24, 05:53 PM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm not 100% sure about the slipcases on Hatsuiku Status and Gekokujyo Xstasy, but I believe you get them on any old or new copy, but the slipcase for Gekokujyo Xstasy is glow-in-the-dark for first-press only.

You might try Yahoo! Japan Auctions via Shopping Mall Japan for a used copy. When all is said and done with shipping and commissions, expect to spend around $50 USD, not including your deposit. It's an expensive way to go, but it's quite a contrast to the difficult/impossible task of finding most legitimate Japanese release out-of-prints on eBay.
Old 2007.08.03, 04:44 AM   #7
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

When i played the DVD today I just wondered: where's Gibusu?

did they play that in Gekokujyo tour?
or they just didnt include the song in the DVD?
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.03, 10:52 AM   #8
freackled

freackled is headed in the right direction

I don't know why your font is so big haha...
I believe they might have played Gips, but as with several other songs from her tour, it was cut out of the DVD. These include Can't Take My Eyes Off You (we only here a snippet of it), Koko de Kiss Shite, Yokushitsu, and Onaji Yoru. I forgot who, but someone uploaded these bootleg tracks at the previous ringo jihen forums.
freackled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.11, 07:23 PM   #9
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I've seen a few people comment that this concert is inferior to her other solo concerts, but I don't exactly know why. Could someone fill me in?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.11, 07:58 PM   #10
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

It's quite simple: the guitarist (Yayoshi) and the keys (Baldy) are inferior. Yayoshi can't play anything from the albums correctly and Baldy just sounds like shit. The same holds true for Zazen, but it's amazingly better than GX. I'll use Izonshou as an example because I was particularly disappointed with it, but it applies to most songs:
  • Main clean riff - Terrible. Wrong effect and very poor tone. Please use the clean channel instead of rolling off the volume. Also fails to play the main dirty the last time it's played.
  • Chorus - Dual rhythm section. The lead guitar from the album is gone. Forgivable during SX, but only because Ringo is nearly inaudible. Not so here.
  • Ending solo - What ending solo? Yayoshi jams the same note for like five seconds and then gives way to Ringo who plays part of the chorus lead guitar as a solo. Lame.
  • General Keys - A keyboard emulating a piano never sounds good. Ever.
Ringo herself is entertaining visually, but sounds bad in some songs like Tsumi to Batsu. She's at her sexiest halfway through when she gets a haircut.