Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.12, 07:10 AM   #181
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by waki3691 View Post
They look like table tennis bats to me
My thoughts exactly. If those were whistles, the stem/handle pieces wouldn't be perfectly centered relative to the colored circles. Table tennis paddles are also far more likely to be colored, than whistles.

People still have OSCA on their minds and they're 'connecting' that with Sports. Whistles are for referees or coaches - not for players. To believe that the entire band is supposed to be the coordinators of sports without any band member being an actual participant, doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 2010.01.12, 09:47 AM   #182
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

They look too wonky to be table tennis paddles. Tilt your head while looking at them.
Old 2010.01.12, 10:10 AM   #183
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

They look like whistles to me, too. BTW, why are they calling themselves Incidents Tokyo instead of Tokyo Incidents, lately? o_O
Old 2010.01.12, 10:19 AM   #184
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

They don't look like whistles, either. =P
Old 2010.01.12, 11:23 AM   #185
LoverlyBijouu

LoverlyBijouu pleased at least somebody

They look like something weird so they don't get sued
Old 2010.01.12, 12:57 PM   #186
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

They look more like table tennis bats than whistles... but they don't look exactly like table tennis bats either. So I'm not sure... overall I don't really like it, whatever it is.

Does anybody know much about this:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....Y=NEOBK-694662
?

Is it a fashion magazine? Does the bonus tote bag make it worth buying? haha
Old 2010.01.12, 04:55 PM   #187
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

they are most definitely whistles. the only other thing they could possible be are representations of heads, which is unlikely, but the reason why all this table tennis and paddle talk makes no sense to me is because you can clearly see that they are tilted, but even so the stem/handle/spout is clearly at an angle, it doesn't connect perpendicular, its at a slant, which is EXACTLY what a child's whistle looks like, you know the cheap plastic ones you can buy for 50 cents. Tell me that if you monotone-colored these it wouldn't look exactly like the image, in shape and everything. not to mention the placement relative to the heads, the first whistle is pretty much at a direct connect with the rightmost head's lips, nuff said.

no one is connecting this work to Variety of OSCA, just because Ringo used a whistle there doesn't mean she can't use one here. Whistles play an important role in sports, as do stop watches (like in the single), and seeing as this album is SPORTS, that would make sense. The whistle in OSCA was kind of odd, it doesn't make as much sense to use it there as it does here, but regardless, using a whistle there and here does not link them in any way really, its just being over analyzed. Glath, your comment about players versus referees/coaches doesn't make any sense either, this album is titled Sports, but no one is going to think about it that much. I mean, what does stick-pins have to do with Variety? Or a paper crane and exotic birds with Education? Sports and whistles are pretty much linked at the hip in Japan, you'd be hardpressed to walk by any open pitch or school field and not hear whistles going off all day long. Evenmoreso in Japanese cultures whistles play a large part in sports, so to think this is anything other than a whistle, based on the graphic representation, is just being fussy.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.01.12 at 05:01 PM.
Old 2010.01.12, 06:29 PM   #188
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Q-Bert spawned.
Old 2010.01.12, 07:33 PM   #189
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Does anybody know much about this:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....Y=NEOBK-694662
?

Is it a fashion magazine? Does the bonus tote bag make it worth buying? haha
I wanted to post something about that before you did, but I've been bombarded with school.

It is some kind of a fashion magazine, but I don't imagine this latest offering will be a compilation like we recently saw with Rockin' On Japan, since her history with In Red is nowhere near as in-depth as her history with ROJ. All I really know is, this wouldn't be the first time In Red has featured Shiina Ringo. I already own somewhere around 2-3 of the previous In Red issues featuring Shiina Ringo, and I think that's pretty much all there has ever been.
Old 2010.01.12, 09:17 PM   #190
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

cdjapan offers subscriptions to some select magazines, it is possible that this magazine is one of the ones cdjapan specializes in, offering monthly subscriptions to, in which case if the cover-story/featured article involved an artist you have purchased from, it would send out e-mails. I got one as well but I'm think its just a regular magazine spread featuring Ringo.
Closed Thread