Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.02.08, 01:34 PM   #511
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

none of the other jihen albums had track length symmetry so why would ringo start with it here? I guess the main reason why jihen doesn't have that is because ringo isn't personally composing all these tracks so she isn't going to just shave off pieces here and there to be cool. I think the track title symmetry is awesome to keep, but in the age of digital music I don't think the length really matters much (although it is awesome if you pop SS or KZK into an old fashioned cd player and get the length. SS was awesome because the length 55:55 looked like the title SS)

edit: last.fm user's are saying the leak was found on utatane, so the people who supposedly have it on last.fm got it from someone who downloaded it there. so if any of you use utatane and want to check for the album there, now you know where to look.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.02.08 at 01:46 PM.
Old 2010.02.08, 04:44 PM   #512
ichenyy

ichenyy pleased at least somebody

about the clip of Sweet Spot, i found it kinda odd how it has the lyrics that sounds like it should be in Sayonara(goodbye) Season when she sings "if you choose to leave, you'll leave in this season"....
Old 2010.02.08, 04:53 PM   #513
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ichenyy View Post
about the clip of Sweet Spot, i found it kinda odd how it has the lyrics that sounds like it should be in Sayonara(goodbye) Season when she sings "if you choose to leave, you'll leave in this season"....
Those lyrics connections are so SR. You can hear 'camouflage' (meisai) in "Ishiki", and 'ishiki' in "Meisai", and also the word CONDITION both in Ryuukou and Tsugou no Ii Karada. I'm sure there must be more connections around.
Old 2010.02.08, 06:16 PM   #514
ichenyy

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Those lyrics connections are so SR. You can hear 'camouflage' (meisai) in "Ishiki", and 'ishiki' in "Meisai", and also the word CONDITION both in Ryuukou and Tsugou no Ii Karada. I'm sure there must be more connections around.
i never noticed that
and also how Ishiki & Meisai, Sayonara Season & Sweet Spot are symmetric pairs
Old 2010.02.08, 08:07 PM   #515
kuro_neko

ringo does that a lot, she wrote Togatta Teguchi and Zero Chiten Kara so that the first character is a symbol (a square for togatta teguchi and a circle of zero chiten kara), and she also wrote doppleganger and poltergeist to be similar, so much so that you can interpret the lyrics as referencing each other as two sides of a story (this comes directly from a ringo interview where she mentions it herself). as far as lyrics go since Ringo writes them all (mostly) I think she still can manage to get her old tricks into the mix fairly easily. as far as production and lengths go, I think its more of a team effort. so if uki wants to have a 3 minute solo....well...I guess we are probably stuck with it.
Old 2010.02.08, 10:20 PM   #516
ichenyy

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post

And here for some news from 2chan: New ringo solo album 2011!

「BALLAD」
01.争い
02.そうだネッ!~Sleep~
03.凹みdayZ↓
04.ShoCKで夜モ眠レナイ。。。
05.THE BOY ~牢獄~
06.She was...
07.Wake Up~deep me~
08.skinhead feat.ICONIQ
09.Happy~Forbidden fruits~
10.ちょっとぉ。。。~怒るヨっ!!~
11.ポリネシアン・ラヴ
12.Whatcha Gonna Do?
13.あなた達へ。。。

2011年 発売予定
wow i was actually stupid enough to have believed this for a while....
Old 2010.02.08, 10:41 PM   #517
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by ichenyy View Post
wow i was actually stupid enough to have believed this for a while....
Rofl, I love it!

Wake Up~deep me~ indeed
Old 2010.02.08, 10:48 PM   #518
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

I usually dont like playing tricks but I thought this was so obvious no one would fall for it.

02.そうだネッ!~Sleep~

How shall we translate this "Thats right! ~Sleep~"
Old 2010.02.08, 11:37 PM   #519
kuro_neko

hahha its funny but I guess its only obviously a joke to those who can read japanese here. I'm still rolling over the chottooooooo...OKORU YOOO one haha, it sounds like something I'd scream at my ex-bf. so much easier to fight in english.

btw the album has definitely leaked, a whole bunch of people are already talking about it on last fm. I'm not going to name names but I will say that the cause for the drama last time around is not an active user here, so we can safely sidestep all the mess. I know people are looking for leaks and right now there is no public source, just the same old "old boys club" type situation where a few have it and selectively share it, so if you find yourself looking for a copy and feel bored, check out last.fm, it isn't hard to figure out who to pest for it.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.02.09 at 12:15 AM.
Old 2010.02.09, 02:22 AM   #520
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Closed Thread