Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.05.25, 02:30 PM   #881
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Yeah, a lot of people seem to have jumped to the conclusion that they all died in the pilot episode and everything on the island was purgatory, not just the flash sideways. Christians dialogue, and that between Hurley and Ben outside the Church pretty much confirms that they all lived out their lives as we though, and died when we saw them die (or, in the case of Hurley, Ben, Desmond, Sawyer and Kate, died at a later date (hence why Kate said "I missed you" -- she spent her whole life without him only to be reunited in death)). "We all die eventually kiddo. Some before you, some long after".

The final 20 minutes shouldn't really define the show or even the finale (nor effect anything that came before it). It could have just as easily ended more traditionally with just Jack's eye closing if the flash-sideways didn't happen, but we got that added comfort and closure and I'm glad for it, it would have been terribly depressing otherwise.
Totally agreed. I was kind of shocked when people started saying "they're all died since the very beginning! it was all Jack's dream!". What series have they been watching these years? Christian's speech was pretty clear IMO. I was shocked just because I wasn't expecting the flash-sideways to be the actual "purgatory", but totally understood the whole thing... It's sad some (more than a lot, actually) people didn't...
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.25, 02:43 PM   #882
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

It surprised me too. Even the reviewer for the LA Times completely misinterpreted it --
Instead, it turns out the passengers of Oceanic 815 are all dead, victims, if the end-credit imagery is to believed, of the same tragic plane accident that started the whole thing. Six seasons of polar bears, bachelor pad hatches, landlocked ships, personal submarines and a fleet of fallen airplanes, and it was all apparently some sort of shared afterlife experience
Old 2010.05.25, 02:59 PM   #883
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

You should read what most of the Spanish newspapers said, too... I'm kind of outraged, actually XD. Why is people taking so seriously that ending-credit footage? I see it as an homage to how the whole show started, without more ado.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.25, 03:47 PM   #884
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

Yeah half of 4chan's /tv/ board doesn't understand it either. :\
Even my sister didn't quite get it at first.
But yeah Christian made it pretty clear in my opinion.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.28, 12:09 AM   #885
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

People misinterpreting it is getting on my nerves big time! They made it pretty clear that everything happened, aside from the sideways (which is supposedly also "real", but more in a metaphysical-realm-created-by-combined-conciousness kind of real).

It's making me angry since there's plenty of people who haven't watched it, and are forming opinions based on the thinking that none of the show was "real".

Anyway... I didn't OMGLOVE the sideways twist, but I haven't stopped thinking about the show since it ended. And it wasn't something I was expecting, which is what Lost is always good for. I'm a little confused by the Incident's involvement in the sideways, if it's at all related.

Can't wait for the blu-ray boxset!! 15 minute epilogue with Hurley and Ben running the island! Zomg!
Old 2010.05.28, 04:02 AM   #886
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Can't wait for the blu-ray boxset!! 15 minute epilogue with Hurley and Ben running the island! Zomg!
Is that on the exclusive bonus disc for the complete boxset of ALL seasons, or is that available to anyone who buys at least Season 6?

I already have Seasons 1-5 on Blu-Ray. Half a year ago golem tipped me off to an Amazon Deal-of-the-Day where it was $100 USD for the lot. So even if I end up buying Season 6 for almost half that much, I'll still have paid 75% as much (for everything combined) as what the "Complete" set costs. Apparently all I'll be missing is ONE bonus disc, and I'm just trying to figure out how important that disc is. I'll probably end up downloading an ISO of that disc off of BitMeTV, and that'll just be my way of stickin' it to the man for pulling a marketing stunt like this.
Old 2010.05.28, 05:19 AM   #887
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's on the season 6 DVD's and not exclusive to the boxset. I'd hope so, anyway. I held off from buying any Blu-Ray's though so I can buy the completely boxset.

Edit: Yup, the press release confirms that the Hurley and Ben epilogue is on both the Season 6 Blu-Ray/DVD release and the full boxset.

fb7edbacb22532c56a2d18b7ebf27f66.jpg
Old 2010.05.29, 02:31 AM   #888
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The box set looks awesome, though I'm not sure why I'd need a Dharma laser pointer. And funnily enough I'll be importing an illegal item when I buy this box set, since laser pointers are illegal in my state!

I've only got S1 on DVD, and I've been waiting for a box set since then, so the cost will be fine with me. Might also get the official Lost Encyclopaedia when I buy it...
Old 2010.05.29, 07:38 AM   #889
Inaudible-Whisper

I don't think it's a laser pointer, I think it's a black light like the one seen in the hatch when the blast door map comes up. I'm going to assume there is some hidden stuff (maybe the blast door map) somewhere on the packaging.
Old 2010.05.29, 06:30 PM   #890
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I loved the finale. It was completely and perfectly satisfying for me. I'm glad there are people here who feel the same! (It's too bad some of you didn't like it after investing so much time in the show.) After it was over, I just burst into tears with no warning at all. What a wonderful show. I can't wait for the DVD bonus features that will reveal more answers (we already got one--MiB's name is Samuel!).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote