Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.06.07, 02:23 PM   #1
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction
Default Best "live" j-music acts

Just like it says up yonder. What are you favorite live j-acts? Feel free to tell as many as you like, and preferable with a reason you like them. And by acts, I mean from the poppy nami tamaki, to the techo/house aural vampire, to the unusually "cheerful" ken hirai, to the rapping rapidity of teriyaki boyz.... When I say j-music acts, I mean everyone. Well I feel its only right to start off myself. Oh yea, no one is right or wrong, if you like something you like, no one can tell you are wrong. If you like kumi koda because you can see her booty cheeks wiggle live, its a perfectly valid reason why you think she's better live. No disagreeing with people's thoughts.

Okay top 3

Jihen- I think that their sound is much better live. I feel that as a band they should just jam and record live all the time Plus anytime shiina gets sweaty, I burst a blood vessel....

YMO
Do I really need to say anything? Man they were made to perform live, I think that no only do they sound better live, but I often like the balence of the live shows better. balance meaning what sounds I can and can't hear.

POLYSICS POLYSICS POLYSICS
The most energetic front man ever invented. I actually saw them live in orlando... Mind blowing! The audience was dead (because most were there to see other bands), but they still rocked so FUCKING hard! They are like that always, every recording I see it so much better than the recorded version. Plus fumi-sama is 10x sexier in real life... she signed my poster with her own hands... <nosebleed>

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.07, 02:46 PM   #2
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I've never seen a japanese band perform live in my entire life, I believe..
But the ones I'd like to see most are Shiina Ringo (You've probably heard of her by now.), Asai Kenichi because I like each and every song he's written, pretty much, I like his voice and guitar playing, has a childish feeling to it (In a good way). And Ozaki Yutaka just because of his powerful voice. (This can't happen though
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.07, 03:13 PM   #3
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by NCORE View Post
I've never seen a japanese band perform live in my entire life, I believe..
But the ones I'd like to see most are Shiina Ringo (You've probably heard of her by now.), Asai Kenichi because I like each and every song he's written, pretty much, I like his voice and guitar playing, has a childish feeling to it (In a good way). And Ozaki Yutaka just because of his powerful voice. (This can't happen though
Oh Oh no, I don't mean the best band YOU ever saw live. I just mean, which bands are better playing live. Like for example, you've seen spa and treatment, so you've seen jihen live. So I see most bands live on youtube anyways So Its not what you've seen in person, hell YMO was making albums when I was born.... no way I could of seen them. But I've seen them live in some way for format before, so I've seen them live

I don't know Ozaki Yutaka... youtube, here I come.

Old 2008.06.07, 07:42 PM   #4
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Two words: Phase One.

I saw a band Budo Grape live (never hearing of them priorly) and they were fantastic. But then theyre not only the only Japanese band I've seen live, but the only band Ive seen live that wasn't a Beatles Cover band =p
Old 2008.06.07, 07:55 PM   #5
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Two words: Phase One.

I saw a band Budo Grape live (never hearing of them priorly) and they were fantastic. But then theyre not only the only Japanese band I've seen live, but the only band Ive seen live that wasn't a Beatles Cover band =p
Wow interesting.... I guess where you live there are not a lot of japanese bands playing. I live in florida, did you know florida in japanese means "do not perform here"? true fact! Its so rare that a band comes here. On the west coast, so much live japanese action! Wow... I wish my favorite band had cover bands playing for them so often that I can say I go to those types of lives exclusively...

Edit:you live in texas... the quality of live japanese acts that come through your state is sickening imo.... I'm actually a little jealous. I remember go!go!7188 recorded some of their dvd in texas....

Old 2008.06.07, 08:42 PM   #6
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

bah
everyone knows my J-saint-trinity
nothing new
as I love them the most
I love them live the most as well

sr/tj
thats why I'm here

Bonnie pink
her marvelous voice and her delicious songs

Kojima Mayumi
her delicious voice and her marvelous songs

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.07, 10:54 PM   #7
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Okay... I saw JCHI live... trust me it's much better than that dvd with the "motion graphics". I think I would have enjoyed DO more though... it was basically after watching DO that I made up my mind to catch TJ live... and then Mr Cloudie appeared. -.-

and then there is LUNA SEA. I adore them.

Last but not least, SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS. They jazz.
Old 2008.06.08, 07:09 AM   #8
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well, the band played my hometown, San Antonio. Which is completely unheard of. Lots of japanese bands play SXSW in Douche-town (Austin), or play in Dallas and Houston. Frankly short of Shiina herself, I'm not even thinking of driving all that way (except maybe Austin.)

But a band from Japan travelling to play down the street from me? As long as its not Gackt, I'm totally there.
Old 2008.06.08, 03:28 PM   #9
jigenbakuda

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Well, the band played my hometown, San Antonio. Which is completely unheard of. Lots of japanese bands play SXSW in Douche-town (Austin), or play in Dallas and Houston. Frankly short of Shiina herself, I'm not even thinking of driving all that way (except maybe Austin.)

But a band from Japan travelling to play down the street from me? As long as its not Gackt, I'm totally there.
Hey what's wrong with gackto? I love gackt from the malice mize days. In fact when I sing, I emulate him (only certain genres)... But without mana-sama he is... I just don't like him without mana-sama.

Totally didn't realize this at first budou is grape in japanese, my favorite fruit, fruit in japan is yummy!

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
and then there is LUNA SEA. I adore them.
Are they visual kei? I swear I've heard of them before, it was positive stufff, maybe I heard a song or two, but didn't know it...

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
Bonnie pink
her marvelous voice and her delicious songs
But how is she live... she is someone who I was supposed to start researching, but something happened and I didn't. Is she a dancer, a stand there and look at you person, is she a I feel the music person? How is she live, also did she ever have any other names, or was in another band?

Old 2008.06.10, 10:32 AM   #10
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm just gonna say this one for now... just because it got a lot better live, and never was really that interesting on the album. I saw this tour back in 2006.

Hikki - Devil inside

And this version. I mean the original was good, but, this almost-live is cool.

Hikki - Passion

Last edited by Jonny : 2008.06.10 at 10:35 AM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote