Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.02.08, 02:31 AM   #81
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
They picked the worst songs from each tour? I mean, some of these songs aren't even crowd pleasers or even well-regarded. It seems so random to me...
I totally agree with this (except for the inclusion of JCHI's Marunouchi Sadistic whic I think is the best version of this song). I'm also very disappointed they didn't include anything from Domestic Virgin Line, the reason why I was excited about this release at first place was the hope of getting a soundboard recordings of Souretsu, Gunjou Biyori or Keshou Naoshi from this show. another thing that seems really odd to me is the omission of anything from Sports except Senkou Shoujo, even the tracks from Ultra C are from Variety, WTF they were thinking?
Old 2012.02.08, 04:34 AM   #82
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Who selected the tracks? TJ or EMI? I don't understand the tracklisting much either. I mean, who's "BEST OF" is this? If it's the bands, then maybe I can understand, though god knows why some of these songs were chosen.

If EMI chose them, then it's really wtf. No Noudouteki Sanpunkan??? I thought that woulda been the first thing they chose to put on there. I don't see any choices here that really show off their best from either phase.

But, oh well, not all live albums can be Ura Tamahime. (Get this if you haven't heard it).

I'll keep telling myself "but the album cover is pretty" and "I guess it's only 2800 yen".
:-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.02.08 at 04:39 AM.
Old 2012.02.08, 09:33 AM   #83
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

if the band themselves selected the tracks than I guess they think Variety is their best album judging by the fact that it's the most represented album on the tracklist
Old 2012.02.08, 08:40 PM   #84
Vincent

Vincent pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I found the long version of 32sai no Wakare.

http://vimeo.com/36034158
Old 2012.02.09, 01:32 AM   #85
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
If EMI chose them, then it's really wtf. No Noudouteki Sanpunkan??? I thought that woulda been the first thing they chose to put on there. I don't see any choices here that really show off their best from either phase.
Every live performance of Noudouteki Sanpunkan has been ruined by poor vocals. I can't believe that anyone, EMI or TJ could watch a Noudouteki Sanpunkan live performance and not cringe. Even if they wanted to choose it they couldn't.

edit: I think the execution of 32sai is more TJ than solo Ringo? I like the IDEA of the song, but it sounds like she could let it breathe more. I'm don't like the structure (it sounds a bit...abridged?). I hope she does more with it.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2012.02.10 at 08:57 AM.
Old 2012.02.09, 09:41 AM   #86
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I found the long version of 32sai no Wakare.

http://vimeo.com/36034158
wow this is so good to me
Old 2012.02.13, 01:52 AM   #87
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm somewhat shocked to see that CD Japan has already started shipping out the February 15th releases.
Old 2012.02.13, 06:09 AM   #88
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I'm somewhat shocked to see that CD Japan has already started shipping out the February 15th releases.
really?

I think my personal favorite is when cdjapan sent out Variety almost a full week early. I had it the Saturday on the weekend before the Wednesday release...

with cd releases in japan they normally place the item and start selling it at least one day early from the list day, although some small chains will put things out as soon as they get it unless its very high profile (like a new ayu or pop group). what I love about cdjapan is that they honor the international ship times to ensure we will have the product by the japanese release. ala ship it 3-4 days early to arrive on the release date.
Old 2012.02.13, 07:56 AM   #89
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's not like I said I was completely surprised - I'm just somewhat surprised because early shipping doesn't happen more consistently for me. When you batch items together from different record labels, it often doesn't matter how fast EMI is - your shipment is only going to be as fast as the slowest record label among the latest of the releases you had preordered. In this case, all the Feb 15 releases in my shipment are from EMI, so no other record label slowed this particular shipment down.
Old 2012.02.13, 11:03 AM   #90
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

^^^ My CDJapan shipment just went out too. On the way are the Feb 15th releases plus Color Bars, Carnation, and the CS Channel video collection. None of which I've seen or heard yet.
Closed Thread