Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.05.14, 06:01 PM   #21
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sorry for the noob bump but does HMV tell you whether or not they have first press available?
Old 2012.05.14, 06:40 PM   #22
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

1st and 2nd pressings are supposed to exist within a shared catalog number, and inventory systems tend to oversimplify that. Limited versus regular editions, have a consistently clear-cut separation, because those editions each get their own catalog numbers.

Tower Records circumvents this limitation by mocking up their own catalog number for 1st press, with an X added onto the end. This has the side-effect of 1st press getting its own product page and availability status, just like a limited edition.

CD Japan has their own revolutionary system which tracks separate quantities of 1st press and 2nd press, via a single product page with a shared catalog number.

HMV only differentiates between catalog numbers, which is what most vendors do. Since they've got a simple system and they aren't cheating with it like Tower does, HMV has no idea how many of their copies were/are 1st press.
Old 2012.05.23, 03:55 PM   #23
Positron

I'd have thanked you sooner for detailing each store's inventory tracking methods but I was out of town for a bit and couldn't reply.

Ended up getting it from CDJapan. Points bonus shaved a bit off of the improved shipping.
Old 2012.05.23, 05:24 PM   #24
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Positron View Post
I'd have thanked you sooner for detailing each store's inventory tracking methods but I was out of town for a bit and couldn't reply.
After 2 years in software/database development, I've been effortlessly breaking down the business logic (or lack thereof) in most systems I come across. Thanks for showing me that there's one less topic-death I should be asking myself about.

Originally Posted by Positron View Post
Ended up getting it from CDJapan.
It's not like we really have any other choice. If we were personally willing to forget about first-press, then we would be willing to try a cheaper shop who also forgets.
Old 2012.05.28, 07:02 PM   #25
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I guess its kinda related so I'll put it here,

According to Kronekodow, those of you living in Japan will be able see costumes from the show on exhibit in certain Tower Records around Japan from 12th-16th June.

"東京事変最期のライブツアー"Domestique Bon Voyage"。2月29日に行われた、日本武道館での最終公演の模様を完全収録したライブ作品『Bon Voyage』が、6月13日(水)にリリースいたします。

それに先駆けて、ライブビデオクリップの映像を、ご覧に入れましょう。ディスコグラフィーからどうぞ。

EMI MUSIC JAPANのサイトでは、特設ページを用意して、ライブフォトギャラリー等のコンテンツをお楽しみいただけます。

東京事変LIVE DVD/BD『Bon Voyage』
6月13日(水)発売
DVD:TOBF-5737 4,200円(税込)
Blu-ray:TOXF-5737 5,200円(税込)
[初回生産分のみ] スリーブケース仕様&壱百万事変紙幣封入

★衣装展示決定!
『Bon Voyage』のリリースを記念して、タワーレコードの3店舗では、ライブ衣装とパネルを特別に展示いたします。お楽しみに。
・タワーレコー渋谷店
  期間:6/12(水)~25(月)
  場所:1F店内スペース
・タワーレコード新宿店
  期間:6/12(水)~25(月)
  場所:7F店内スペース
・タワーレコード梅田NU茶屋町店
  期間:6/12(水)~18(月)
  場所:店内イベントスペース
※各店舗で展示される衣装はすべて異なります。
※渋谷店のパネル展示は6/12~6/18まで"

Hopefully someone will take some photos from these instore exhibition/events and post em :-)

Also, previews are now up to stream on http://www.emimusic.jp/tokyojihen/pl...d=190382959002

They sound pretty good! (The Chiaki song excites me a lot... good to hear it without that awful autotunage)

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.05.28 at 07:10 PM.
Old 2012.06.03, 09:43 AM   #26
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I agree about the Chiaki song, sounds like the next classic Ringo Ballad.Atarashii Bunmei Kaika also sounds great with the orchestra added (but then for me almost every song sounds better with an orchestra added)
Old 2012.06.05, 09:39 AM   #27
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Yeah, the Chiaki song is pretty good. But by God, the Onna no Ko dance is cheesier than I could ever have imagined.
Old 2012.06.05, 09:21 PM   #28
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

青春の瞬き

Full Chiaki song... I love it

Needed Ringo to sing it all along. It reminds me very much of Shun actually.

EDIT: Looks like same uploader uploaded full versions of all the songs on the clips. I'm sure the bombast of this show might turn off some people, but I'm digging all these clips. Can't wait to see the full thing.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.06.05 at 09:32 PM.
Old 2012.06.06, 10:50 PM   #29
Positron

Wow, I'm oddly disappointed with the Onna no ko etc. performance. Terrible dancer accompaniment? No chance for Uki to noodle a bit over the song and share some spotlight with the orchestra? Even Ringo's usual charming performance couldn't completely carry this one*. Granted, it's just one performance of 30ish, but how do you mediocritize** a safe song that badly?

Seems like a trivial complaint overall but after seeing Atarashii Bunmei Kaika blend the rock and orchestra elements more effectively I had to bring it up. I'm pretty indifferent to the song but this performance was really enjoyable.

That second Chiaki song that I don't feel like looking up the title of was well done too, got me excited for her rendition of Oishii Kisetsu.

But if this 10% of the DVD is any indicator, I'm ready to be a little disappointed with their handling of my favorite songs but impressed with those I wouldn't normally enjoy.

*I like how she did a slow Jersey Shore fist pump into a soft lefty heil during the English portion of the song. Amusingly odd combination.
**Surprised this is an actual word.
Old 2012.06.11, 12:56 AM   #30
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
青春の瞬き

Full Chiaki song... I love it

Needed Ringo to sing it all along. It reminds me very much of Shun actually.
why did she gave it to Chiaki again?
Closed Thread