Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.17, 08:56 AM   #81
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
EXPO version is the best because Shiina dies at the end
From my seat I could still see her after the fall.

The guitar work in Yokyou is pretty cool. Sadly, I see the orchestra staying for the album version, but being more in the background. Hopefully no Christmas ending either.
Old 2009.04.17, 08:59 AM   #82
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
From my seat I could still see her after the fall.
How did the fall work, anyway? Did Hata catch her in his strong arms?
Old 2009.04.17, 09:07 AM   #83
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Wow, I go out shopping, buy an ice cream and all this floods in. I don't really know how to feel. I'm extremely happy that its happening, and that it's truly a new solo record. But why Karisome Otome? Not only because it's not very good, it just seems odd to throw it on after all this time. The other 2 'not new' songs I can understand -- one is genuinely new(ish) and one is more of a bonus at the end but... meh. I won't judge it until I've heard the direction of the album and the quality of the single, but I can't not remain optimistic... it's new Ringo, written by Ringo. Still though... Karisome Otome DEATH JAZZ? Really? It always reminded me of an annoying song on Beatmania, and oddly the melody sometimes reminded me of the Aquatic Ruin Zone from Sonic 2.
Old 2009.04.17, 09:08 AM   #84
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Maybe she wanted to brag about her collab with SOIL N PIMP
Old 2009.04.17, 09:10 AM   #85
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I actually like the DEATH JAZZ ...

Though it has no place on this album along with that Marunouchi Sadistic, I think these two hurt the CD's 'stand alone' factor.
Old 2009.04.17, 09:15 AM   #86
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Though it has no place on this album along with that Marunouchi Sadistic, I think these two hurt the albums 'stand alone' factor with these rehashes.
Not only that, it's that she must have thought "this stands alongside the rest of the tracks in terms of tone and quality" which has me worried for the other tracks. Not the genre or the sound, but that she must think they're "as good as" DEATH JAZZ. That doesn't set the bar high. But this is complete speculation given we have no idea what the rest of the album is like, so for all I know DEATH JAZZ may be the stand-out worst track on the album.

I'm sure regardless, I'll find something to like. I haven't fully disliked a Ringo-written release of brand new material yet. I'd rather go into it thinking "This could be good" and have it meet my expectations and/or blow me away than think "this will be excellent" and be let down again. I'm being more optimistic than pessimistic, but I'm scared to get hyped.
Old 2009.04.17, 09:18 AM   #87
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
How did the fall work, anyway? Did Hata catch her in his strong arms?
There was a soft padding behind the stage. She fell and landed on her side while bracing herself with her arms.

If the current Death Jazz fits the sound of the rest of the album without any new equalization or anything like that, it's going to be a messy sounding album.
Old 2009.04.17, 09:19 AM   #88
Scribble R

I probably would be irrationally over excited and thinking that this would be the best album ever if that dirty smear known as Karisome Otome didn't bring me back down to Earth. It's good in a way. I dropped from 10/10 excited to 9/10 excited. I think this will be better than any TJ album, anyhow.
Old 2009.04.17, 09:30 AM   #89
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I'm just disappointed Mikan no Kawa didn't make the cut.
Old 2009.04.17, 10:38 AM   #90
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

LOL, seriously? It's a fucking JINGLE. It has no place on an album XD

I hope you're kidding XD
Closed Thread