Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.02.10, 12:07 AM   #531
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
did someone mention cock?
 there is NOTHING funny about chickens! I would be the last to know.

EDIT: OK maybe not the last but not the first! And yeah theres plenty thats funny.
Old 2010.02.10, 01:37 AM   #532
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
 there is NOTHING funny about chickens! I would be the last to know.
well, hata has always been the cock of the walk. besides ringo, he is probably the only legit rock star in the band. kameda just seems silly/old/tired, uki looks like a poser, and izawa like a n00b. hata on the other hand always seemed to embody that rock I don't give a fuck persona. hence why I <3 him.

but seriously, hata, STOP SHAVING YOUR EYEBROWS. it makes you look like you are sick or something. you would think he would have learned from Ringo, KZK era. I never understood why people thought shaving eyebrows looking good....makes you look odd.

edit: in case people are still waiting until the album drops, I did find a good copy of Kachi Ikusa on youtube today, it looks like its being aired on MTV, so a higher quality version has finally been upped to youtube. I'll probably never love love this song, but it has grown on me in a kind of mild way, similar to how I feel about Variety in retrospect (meaning I can enjoy it from time to time, but I largely forget about in the vast mix of random music I'm following)

kachi ikusa pv

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.02.10 at 01:50 AM.
Old 2010.02.10, 02:27 AM   #533
jparanoid

jparanoid pleased at least somebody

oh! First Press is available again in cdjapan *-* nice! I won't miss it this time..ha!

Does anybody know of any special bonus for people who buy past items of TJ together with Sports?
Old 2010.02.10, 03:13 AM   #534
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

what happened to frecklegirl's no review embargo?
She already said that a more widely-available leak would open the door here for early reviews. See that screenshot I took? If I were to update that, it would say 180 snatches now - and it's still climbing.

I know for a fact some of the members who download leaks do it specifically because they want to experience a new work without any sort of "EMF bias," that being, they want to make up there own opinions.
It sounds like you're implying there are people who believe:
"If I listen to the album early, maybe *I* can have an opinion too" - as if they've somehow been denied their own opinion with other releases. I can't understand how anyone could ever believe that about themselves.

I often find myself at least somewhat disagreeing with the first English reviews to have shown up before I've heard the SR/TJ release myself. The latest albums, 'disappointing' as they are - take quite awhile to fully digest. So the earliest reviews are often hasty and do not reflect how that critic and most other listeners are going to feel a month or a year after the release.

that said, I really believe that there should be a forum-wide ban on reviews for the album until the release date. let *everyone* experience the album on their own terms.
Stay out of the review thread if you're afraid of... losing your own opinion. If reviews bleed to other topics, people are going to be getting hog-tied and skinned alive. If you can't help yourself and you end up eyeballing all the reviews within their containment zone anyway - that's nobody else's fault anymore than your decision to hear a leak would be someone else's fault. Your own self-control or lack thereof, is going to be at least half-responsible for your emotional well-being.

I think the split is a good idea im pretty surprised by it. I think you were more hard core but I'm glad if your not.
Contrary to suspicions among other people who thought I was all butthurt for being excluded from the previous leak circle - I will not actually be listening to this leak, even though I've got a 250+ Mbps seedbox maintaining this leak's availability. Is that soft core enough for you?

And you guys you really shouldnt download it, at least not yet. The sound quality is shit and I'm not an audiophile. It says 192, but I'm having a hard time believing it. I have 192 files that sound much better than that. I kind of wish I could take it back simply for that reason.
192kbps MP3s that somehow sound worse than what you would typically expect from 192? You just unwittingly described the earliest rip of Adult that began circulating. I still regret listening to that, instead of just waiting another day or two for the CD.

Originally Posted by jparanoid View Post
oh! First Press is available again in cdjapan *-* nice! I won't miss it this time..ha!
I wasn't aware that first-press had ever disappeared yet, even if only for a moment. You might be under confusion with the 'deadline' that CD Japan likes to tout in their Artist Newsmail. It's very common and feasible to secure your first-pressing after the example dates CD Japan warns you about. As I said before - Variety and Sanmon Gossip first-pressings didn't even disappear until sometime around the very week of each release.

Originally Posted by jparanoid View Post
Does anybody know of any special bonus for people who buy past items of TJ together with Sports?
CD Japan ran some kind of a Shiina Ringo specific promotion before, but this has only happened for her anniversary. I don't foresee any special sale or bonus swag with all older Tokyo Jihen releases until the band approaches their own 10th anniversary.
Old 2010.02.10, 07:21 AM   #535
jparanoid

jparanoid pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I wasn't aware that first-press had ever disappeared yet, even if only for a moment. You might be under confusion with the 'deadline' that CD Japan likes to tout in their Artist Newsmail. It's very common and feasible to secure your first-pressing after the example dates CD Japan warns you about. As I said before - Variety and Sanmon Gossip first-pressings didn't even disappear until sometime around the very week of each release.
No, no! First-press was not available at CDJapan website at least for 5 days O.o I was starting to get worried and such...but I think they do this as a marketing strategy.. u know... just for you to think it sold out.. but it didn't.. ha! and then...when someone like me sees it's still available.. they can't do another thing but buy it! haha! silly me!
Old 2010.02.10, 07:30 AM   #536
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I've seen this happen with other releases before. I don't think it's any dishonesty from CD Japan - I think it's the record labels changing their minds with how much of a first-press quota they declared to CD Japan earlier and then later.
Old 2010.02.10, 07:31 AM   #537
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

That link... http://www.emimusic.jp/official/toky...940_04vf_b.ram ... VLC chokes on it... allright... whatever engineer put that up... didn't work for very long.
Old 2010.02.10, 07:37 AM   #538
Glathannus
True Final Boss

That's because VLC's support of RealFormats is far from complete, considering they're all RealProprietary. I've had some success with other RealVideos, but it depends which version of the codec they are. RealNetworks products are RealUseful, aren't they?
Old 2010.02.10, 07:53 AM   #539
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
That's because VLC's support of RealFormats is far from complete, considering they're all RealProprietary. I've had some success with other RealVideos, but it depends which version of the codec they are. RealNetworks products are RealUseful, aren't they?
No... not Really.

=/
Old 2010.02.10, 07:59 AM   #540
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'll probably never love love this song, but it has grown on me in a kind of mild way
You know I thought this song was meh, not terrible, not great. Then I found the RAWRRRRRRRRRR at 42 seconds and listened from 38-45 about 10 times. I think I love it now.
Closed Thread