Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.06.23, 03:24 PM   #711
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Eh, go and listen to a pitchfork recommendation instead then.

I'll enjoy my Ringo.
Old 2011.06.23, 03:30 PM   #712
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
You guys can even complain about the sound of silence.
Agree.

Originally Posted by spinnigold View Post
Here's a crazy idea; how about we focus on the good instead of complaining all the damn time?

In before I get a 'BUT THERE'S NOTHING GOOD LOLOLOL'-esque comment.
Thanks for that. Total Agree.

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
^ I think Ringo supporters can be divided into 3 types:

1. Those who have already given up on her because she has lost her magic together with her mole. Still deeply in love with her old stuff so they decide not to care about the new releases (justriiingo, chobbie?)

2. Those who always make complaints because they still care about the current Ringo. They hope in vain that another classic masterpiece would appear someday. Not an album, maybe just one fucking gold song is already good enough. (Maou, Jihad, Scribble?)

3. Those who basically love all of her stuff. If it's not all, then sure it is 99% (deadgrandma, W3iHong?)
There's one similiarity in these 3 categories:
We all love Ringo. damn much.
Well, I'm on 3. And that's why these days I don't post anything, cause i'm fucking tired of all the bitching.
Old 2011.06.23, 03:47 PM   #713
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Has there been any bitching in this thread?? I keep hearing this about this thread and I don't exactly see where anyone is trashing anything. Maou and Chicksshh said the new song sounded like an anime intro which is something "the group threes" agree with, and thats about it.

Someone brought up people bashing Uki when no one was bashing Uki (and EMF largely hasn't in years) and people have been complaining that there are too many complaints -- but I'm not seeing very many actual complaints about the music.

It's like "Oh, theres a new song. EMF must hate it. Waaahhh" when almost no one has even commented.
Old 2011.06.23, 03:55 PM   #714
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Only heard the song once on shit headphones
Old 2011.06.23, 04:07 PM   #715
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I kind of disagree with the statement that the album is somehow "anime"-inspired.

1) Because anime is somehow a horrible thing that one says through clenched teeth?
2) That because something is upbeat its somehow "ANIME!"

Atarashii Bunmei-kaika is a "cheer song". It's different because SR + TJ don't usually do happy-upbeat-yay-you-can-do-it songs.

Koko de Kiss shite. sounds more like an anime theme song to me than Brand New Civilization.

(But I do agree that Sora ga Natteiru and Senkou Shoujo both sound like anime theme songs)
Old 2011.06.23, 04:11 PM   #716
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

The same way I'll probably like (not love) any new Jihen/Ringo material, most of you will hate it. I don't see the need of putting people into categories... just accept it.

and btw I didn't like "denki no nai machi" at all...

BUT LOVED KINJIRARETA STUFFZ

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2011.06.23, 04:13 PM   #717
jackmanca

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Has there been any bitching in this thread?? I keep hearing this about this thread and I don't exactly see where anyone is trashing anything.
People only know how to say "izawa is awful", "sports is awful", "dopamint! is awful", "this is an anime opening" (which i disagree). Why do they take time to say these kind of stuff? if they are so pissed or disapointed at TJ/SR, why don't they stop visiting the forum to criticize them? Why don't they go listen to what they really like, instead of posting here?

But as a friend said: it's their own choice. But it's really uncomfortable to enter this thread to look for news and see more bitching than news.
Old 2011.06.23, 04:13 PM   #718
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

You almost never say anything intelligent Yahiko. Fuck yoouuuuuu

EDIT: Jackmanca: 2ch (a seperate, japanese, forum) is who said Izawa was bad somehow. I thought everyone here was of the opinion that he wasn't and is perplexed at 2ch's venom.
Old 2011.06.23, 04:16 PM   #719
jackmanca

(OFF) Jihad, this is bullying!

edit: Jihad, you made me laugh. thanks.
Old 2011.06.23, 04:17 PM   #720
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
You almost never say anything intelligent Yahiko. Fuck yoouuuuuu
Oh yes sure, and that really added anything to the forums

Yoeko Kurahashi?