Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.10.06, 08:10 AM   #81
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Once again I decided to give FIFA a go and once again it's not in the same league (pun!) as Pro Evolution Soccer. The clear majority of my friends really rate it, but I never feel fully in control when I play FIFA? it's like I press buttons every once in a while which don't really seem to do that much whereas in Pro Evo I feel 100% in control of the on screen actions. Even though Pro Evo's not been at it's best recently, I still prefer it by a mile.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.07, 10:44 AM   #82
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I don't think I can play RPGs anymore without falling asleep.

In other news:

Yeaaaaa

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.07 at 10:55 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.07, 10:51 AM   #83
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I can only play Shin Megami Tensei RPGs now. I need to feel like I can actually die in the game to play it. Even regular battles can wreck you if you aren't prepared in those games. I'm playing through the PSP version of Persona now. It's not hard though so I haven't felt too motivated to continue. I should have played the more difficult Snow Queen Quest instead of the main game.
Old 2009.10.09, 04:33 PM   #84
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

The Uncharted Beta network seems to be really lagging tonight half the time the player wont move and other players just vanish :/

Think I'll just watch the Snooker highlights.
Old 2009.10.11, 07:04 AM   #85
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I played through Secret of Monkey Island again. On the iPhone...
golden morning/evening subway runs...
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.18, 01:14 AM   #86
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Just finished Uncharted 2 which was awesome! though at 9 hours or so it was a touch short

Roll on Tekken 6

I'm really tempted to get the version that comes with the Hori arcade stick (like Street Fighter had), but £149.99 is hella steep probably costs half that Stateside!
Old 2009.10.23, 01:31 PM   #87
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I just completed the Bayonetta Demo. I loved every minute of it!
I've never seen such a huge list of combos which all play very well. And then they had the brilliant idea to put you into an empty room for every single loading screen and give you a full list changing on your current combo, so you can train them. But since the loading screen is over pretty fast you only have like 2 seconds to memorize a new combo. What a brilliant idea.
The whole fighting is so over the top and almost ridiculous that it turns into pure fun when you get bullet time every time you successfully dodge at the last second. I just ordered it from gamestation.co.uk
Has anybody experience with ordering there?
I ordered from the UK, because in germany the game is like 65€ and, if I have bad luck even cut, while I can get the UK Version for roughly 38pound including shipping, which is like 41€
Lucky me that I'm comfortable enough with an english version

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.29, 10:02 AM   #88
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

^ I also just went through the Bayonetta demo a moment ago and absolutely loved it! really looking forward to this game even though Wiki says it's not out until next year

Also, Gamestation are fine, I use them all the time and shop at my local branch no trouble at all.
Old 2009.10.29, 01:37 PM   #89
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I just read that Bayonetta got 40/40 from Famitsu. One Member of my german board currently has the import version from Japan and he is like ultra excited about it, saying that it is better than God of War ever was.
And I just read that the german version is indeed completely uncut, but it's still so much cheaper to buy in Britain

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.06, 08:34 AM   #90
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

TEKKEN 6

I've been so looking forward to getting this in \0/ struggled through the heavy rain but I'm more than pleased! I was gonna get the stand alone version but I was tempted when I saw it in the flesh!

Box seems to have taken a kick but I'm not fussy + it was the last that store had available.

Good Times

DSC02566.JPG

EDIT: Got trashed in arcade mode by the shittiest end boss of all time with the snidest array of spammy moves in existence! I then went online for a game while the line was throttled (peak time) and got smashed by a beginner cause I couldn't move due to connection lag :O

When some actual humans show up later (in the house) I'll have more fun

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.11.06 at 11:05 PM. Reason: connection 'lad' who's he :P