Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2007.08.23, 10:40 AM   #1
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction
Default A suggestion

While I find this board to be a great source of SR/TJ info (mainly by individuals like pariscombo and emilsherbe), is there some way to split the board into a section for useful information (i.e., specific news or info about releases, appearances, etc) and useless information (polemic rants about songs, pictures, what-ifs etc.)?

Posts that start off with useful information (upcoming single tracklistings, etc) get hijacked and bogged down by subjective, garbage posts about guitar shapes, hair styles, production values that should be put somewhere specific, a place where individuals who don't want to waste their time wading through 10s of pages looking for useful information won't have to.

Thanks
Nebularus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.23, 10:52 AM   #2
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

LoL, this board and every other forum on the internet should do this.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.23, 10:53 AM   #3
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

forums are for discuss something
if you look for only infomation, there are a lot of sites for it
for example shiinaringo.se, ringocatalog, ringo jihen, etc.
if you want to stay here, so stay, but don't come talking about how unuseful are our discussions, since we're forums and not a useful only-information-site

btw, do what you are saying would be faster-to-get-knowledge, but would be cold, not funny at all

渾て獨りぼっちだから

Last edited by Lena-chan : 2007.08.23 at 10:56 AM.
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.23, 11:06 AM   #4
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Yeah, it's a neat idea... I just don't see it happening anytime soon. It's true though, there are actually a lot of information/news-related things that you read in here that aren't mentioned anywhere on fan sites. However, it's almost always through active discussion that these tidbits are brought up. There's just so much information out there that people wouldn't think to write about it in a separate forum unless prompted to do so through discussion.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.23, 11:12 AM   #5
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nebularus View Post
While I find this board to be a great source of SR/TJ info (mainly by individuals like pariscombo and emilsherbe), is there some way to split the board into a section for useful information (i.e., specific news or info about releases, appearances, etc) and useless information (polemic rants about songs, pictures, what-ifs etc.)?

Posts that start off with useful information (upcoming single tracklistings, etc) get hijacked and bogged down by subjective, garbage posts about guitar shapes, hair styles, production values that should be put somewhere specific, a place where individuals who don't want to waste their time wading through 10s of pages looking for useful information won't have to.

Thanks
Welcome to the internets. Enjoy your stay!

(important info usually gets its own thread, so the OP's are the "useful" stuff..or y'know you could go to Mugg or Frex or Loire's sites, those have "info"as they are true web sites; this is a forum where discussion happens)
Old 2007.08.23, 12:03 PM   #6
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Christ, even USA Today has editorials. They're written in crayon, but they have them.

Think of us as the editorials of TJ News, Inc. I'm Frank Rich, Tokyo Jihad is Christopher Hitchens, Frecklegirl is Maureen Dowd, Glat is William Safire, JustRiingo is Andy Rooney, Hedofloe is Richard Cohen, FluffieTheSock is Thomas Friedman, Jonny-Mugg is, uh, Matt Lauer.....
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.23, 12:16 PM   #7
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know much about Richard Cohen, but he is not cool with me if he is not cool with Stephen Colbert.

But anyway, a lot of threads get off-track but that is just human nature. Have you ever had a long talk with someone that was completely on-topic the whole time? Let alone a forum full of people.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.24, 01:42 AM   #8
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Solution #1: Put everyone other than pariscombo and emilscherbe on your ignore list. That way you'll be spared from whatever kind of nonsense that you do not wish to see.

Solution #2: Donate to the boards and get Glath to add RSS feed to a special TJ NEWS thread. Admins will have to update that particular thread with TJ News items contributed by members of the community.

Solution #3: Don't come here if you think you're above us and don't wish to participate in our "idiotic, nonsensical and asinine" discussions.
Old 2007.08.25, 08:45 AM   #9
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
Christ, even USA Today has editorials. They're written in crayon, but they have them.

Think of us as the editorials of TJ News, Inc. I'm Frank Rich, Tokyo Jihad is Christopher Hitchens, Frecklegirl is Maureen Dowd, Glat is William Safire, JustRiingo is Andy Rooney, Hedofloe is Richard Cohen, FluffieTheSock is Thomas Friedman, Jonny-Mugg is, uh, Matt Lauer.....
And I am the forum's forgotten boy. Hey, it kinda feels nice not being the number 1 anti-hero anymore, guys. Thanks, TJ and JR.

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Solution #1: Put everyone other than pariscombo and emilscherbe on your ignore list. That way you'll be spared from whatever kind of nonsense that you do not wish to see.
Works for me. Some people seem to forget that these forums were created for discussion (both negative and positive). I'm really tired of other forum members telling people what to and what not to post and to leave the forum since they don't like reading "hateful" posts. We have an ignore option for a reason. It won't kill you to ignore me (or TJ or JR) if you don't like the things I post even if I do post something "useful" every now and then.
Old 2007.08.25, 10:19 AM   #10
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I'm really tired of other forum members telling people what to and what not to post and to leave the forum since they don't like reading "hateful" posts. We have an ignore option for a reason. It won't kill you to ignore me (or TJ or JR) if you don't like the things I post even if I do post something "useful" every now and then.
You shut up. You don't even like this band anymore, why are you here
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote