Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2008.12.27, 02:07 AM   #151
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Growing some beard would work better, about the "not being mistaken for a woman" part =P
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.27, 04:53 AM   #152
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

I always thought he cut his hair so he wasn't mistaken for ANIS. Bus since Anis cut his hair short, Mikio is free to let it grow again.

Yeah, I heard the "not to be mistaken for a woman" story... but I like my version better...

EDIT: ShinjiPG, he did have some beard and mustache growing... But it seems he has very few facial hair... fewer than ME!

Last edited by Migoto : 2008.12.27 at 04:56 AM.
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.27, 09:33 AM   #153
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

On his blog he said he cut it because of looking like a woman or something, but to be mistaken for Anis (although I've seen early pictures of Mikio where he does look quite similar) *lol* maybe the height difference between them isn't that obvious???
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.18, 01:32 AM   #154
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Does anyone know what Hirama is up to now? Is there another solo project coming soon?
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.18, 07:18 AM   #155
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

He's been recording for a new album for quite some time now. He updated his blog on 17 Oct with a pic of a recording session.
Old 2009.10.19, 04:56 AM   #156
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's such a coincidence that I asked...

That's great.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.27, 10:09 PM   #157
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

last time I checked he was talkin about Kashimashi. I need to listen to him more. I heard him twice and it sounded bland but EVERY japanese musician I like LOVES him.

Didn't Mikios last album come out right around the same time as Jihens last album?
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.27, 10:36 PM   #158
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Hirama's third solo-career album (BLACK BONE MUSICIEN LABEL) came out on the same day as Just Can't Help It. I heard that some Japanese music stores were putting those releases on display alongside each other. It was coattail-riding, and "we all" (the international fans at the time) knew it, but we were more busy talking about the PV-like nature of the concert.

His next album, "When I feel the sun in tokyo", came out months after Heisei Fuuzoku, and months before Variety. What this meant, was the Phase 2 "haters" were well-acquainted with this Hirama album by the time Variety came out, and they could post things like "Look at how many places Hirama's album succeeded in, where Variety failed".

It's now been at least 2 years since Hirama's last album came out. I hope he releases another album before Tokyo Jihen does. Meanwhile all I can really do is hunt down his super-rare EP(s) and audio cassette(s) from back when he was called "Micky". I was just about finished with that, by the time I became unemployed. I don't have any of Hirama's guest appearances or collaborations in other artists' music, but Maou claims to be on the lookout for that.
Old 2009.10.27, 11:36 PM   #159
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

he was the guitarist for kashimashi during Society of the Citizens 2 if I remember correctly. I am not so well informed of kashimashi's music on a whole but they played a couple songs live that were just amazing, such as kanashimi no hate (the end of sorrow). something about the wind blowing his hair and the passion in his performance was quite moving. definitely a live band. ringo and the singer from scoobie doo came out and did a duet with the pianist from soil and pimp right after the soil set singing kanashimi no hate, it was so awesome. I've yet to find a recording of it, I don't believe the had the little appearances by ringo in between on the broadcast. on the first night ringo came out at one point too, after scoobie doo, to say something, but the second night she actually played with Soil and Pimp and then did the duet before Zazen.

Kanashimi no Hate
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.28, 05:23 PM   #160
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Meanwhile all I can really do is hunt down his super-rare EP(s) and audio cassette(s) from back when he was called "Micky". I was just about finished with that, by the time I became unemployed.
I would probably be on that too except that his first album hurt to listen to (though 'Is that all your chromosomes' is the coolest song title ever and the single/video is tight)
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote