Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2013.09.12, 08:01 AM   #21
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
(and maybe FINALLY we will get the full versions of Koufukuron and Ringo no Uta!!!)
I've said it before on these forums, but I'm not sure if you were around back then... Ringo no Uta on the EM DVD is the full version as performed at the show. The DVD ends exactly where they stopped playing the song and left the stage.

The bigger issue is that Kabukicho, Honnou and Izonshou were completely cut from the DVD. Those need to be restored. I need high quality versions of those performances.
Old 2013.09.12, 08:58 AM   #22
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
I think this picture is the best representation of Ringo now.
I agree. Most pictures lately have been spruced-up fashion shoots or group-concept doodles with the band, in varying degrees of lameness.

Ringo seems to have regained her visual persona.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.12, 09:47 AM   #23
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
I think this picture is the best representation of Ringo now. it combines the edginess and risqueness of young Ringo with the more feminine and sexy side of nu-Ringo into one picture. if this picture was shot in 2006 it could've been the perfect cover art for Adult, but I'm not sure Adult-era Ringo would've made such picture.

she does seem to put a little bit of weight (which is a good thing), probably as a result of the pregnancy
Yes, yes, and yes. I love this new picture, but I do feel like it's taken somewhat out of context perhaps. I mean, what's the story? Why the eye patch? I mean, it could just be Ringo being zany again (paint splattered rave shirt with broken day-glo necklaces and "Mayonaka" French hat), but intuition tells me there's more going on here. Maybe this is related to some other photo-shoot for a magazine or relates to one of the unheard songs.
Old 2013.09.12, 10:24 AM   #24
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Oh my. I think I would only spring for a couple of the blu rays. Are they region free?

If I was going to get two blu rays, which ones are the best bet? I was thinking Electric Mole and Gekokujou Ecstasy, but I've never seen Ringo Expo 08 and it seems like it has a solid track list.

Now I'm thinking of getting the entire box set. So tempting!

Last edited by FadedSun : 2013.09.12 at 10:31 AM.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.12, 11:26 AM   #25
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
If I was going to get two blu rays, which ones are the best bet? I was thinking Electric Mole and Gekokujou Ecstasy, but I've never seen Ringo Expo 08 and it seems like it has a solid track list.
It's hard to say right now because there's too much we don't know yet. Will Gekokujou and Electric Mole get the missing tracks? Will Zazen's audio be improved at all over the 24-bit DVD? Will Expo 08 get a new mix because the DVD left a lot to be desired?

As it stands, my opinion is:

Electric Mole > Zazen Ecstasy > Ringo Expo 08 >>>>>>> Gekokujou Ecstasy
Old 2013.09.12, 07:24 PM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Will Gekokujou and Electric Mole get the missing tracks?
Not according to HMV, unless they ignorantly reused the setlists from the DVD pages (which is something Amazon would do). We also have to admit to the possibility that the Electric Mole blu-ray won't have as much footage as the limited DVD.
Old 2013.09.12, 09:41 PM   #27
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well, relaying more info here (source, op2, last.fm):

"The amazon.jp listing for LiVE credits Reliance MediaWorks as the company that is handling the Shiina Ringo releases. These are the same guys that handled the HD releases of Fantasia, the Star Wars trilogy and more. Seems like they know their stuff ( http://lowrydigital.com/ ). Excited to see how these concerts will look."

Cool bananas.

Edit: Also, works out CHEAPEST with Amazon I figured. Even with their expensive shipping. They have it currently listed for 5,117 yen less than list price, I doubt it will get cheaper than that!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.09.12 at 09:54 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.12, 10:19 PM   #28
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
works out CHEAPEST with Amazon I figured. Even with their expensive shipping. They have it currently listed for over 5,000 yen less than everywhere else!
HMV had a multi-buy price of 21000yen just a day or two ago, but that disappeared. It will probably resurface before the release date, though. The comeback won't be specific to Shiina Ringo releases - I've noticed that multi-buy opportunities come and go in waves, throughout HMV overall.

Also, I didn't have the greatest experience trying to receive the Towa Tei LP from Amazon, ever since they switched from FedEx to DHL. I'd rather have EMS (the only shipping method offered by HMV) even if it's officially a little bit slower, because at least they remember where I live and won't delay the shipment a whole extra week or two.

HMV has been infamously unreliable about predicting the shipping costs, but that's mainly been with LPs (when HF and SS turned out to be doubles). I haven't had any other problems with them. HMV's EMS isn't the most cost-effective for large shipments compared to CD Japan's FedEx, but HMV's base prices on videos and/or limited editions are often so much lower, that HMV is still cheaper overall. As a semi-poor person, I only use CD Japan to get first-pressings. If I had more money than patience, I'd use CD Japan for everything, since their FedEx is the fastest shipping anybody offers. Since it's not EMI's style to have a first-pressing among a limited edition, you usually have nothing to lose (as an elite collector) by purchasing EMI limited editions from HMV. It's the releases which only have regular editions, where you'd be taking a risk if you preordered with HMV.

Since even the upcoming CDs have limited editions (and all the videos are limited), I'm assuming there's no first-press among that whole batch of releases.
Old 2013.09.12, 10:22 PM   #29
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Pity, being in Australia I find DHL the fastest (3 days max).

So now all is ordered cept the Seiteiki Healing Blu Ray which I'm still a bit meh about tbh. CDs I got from CDJapan.

Also any confirmation what makes the limited editions of the CDs different to the regular versions?

EDIT: I rewatched Seiteki Healing 3 just now. YEAH. This shit needs Blu Ray treatment DESPERATELY. At least to get the aspect ratio right. I really hope this is one thing they focus on. I also wonder if they will include EVERYTHING (CMs and all) or just the PVs?

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.09.13 at 05:40 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.13, 09:23 AM   #30
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

For you guys that have ordered from CDJapan, do they charge you right away for preorders, or when the item ships?
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote