Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2013.11.19, 04:21 AM   #11
neoyume

neoyume pleased at least somebody
Smile

"Now let's go to 'The Truth About the Rumours' corner."
Here Ringo talks about the rumours about her pregnancy. She confirms she had a baby girl in extreme secrecy (crowd goes crazy). She also says this was long-waited and makes a pun in the end with the tour name "TOUTAIKAI" (party convention) and "AMATOU" (sweet tooth)... "amatoutaikai".
Sadistic Gossip, Sheena Ringo 15th Anniversary "Toutaikai" - Translations
neoyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.19, 04:56 AM   #12
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
wouldnt the kid take on the father's family name?
No, Junji was adopted into the Shiina family when they married so the kid's last name is Shiina.

And yes, tonight at the concert that was confirmed - baby girl!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.19, 05:52 AM   #13
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Omgoodness! I'm kinda in love that Ringo she kept so secretive. I wonder when in this process Irohanihoheto was made. I don't know how much turn around was needed for the video, but it was either made right after popping a baby out for right before. (the camera angle on her could mean either, really.)

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.19, 06:11 AM   #14
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing this! I find this part kind of hilarious:
Right now you heard an unpublished song. If there is anyone who is making a movie in the mood of this song, I'd be delighted if it's used in that movie.
I don't know if I've ever heard Ringo directly plug something like that, it's great.
Old 2013.11.19, 11:34 PM   #15
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

だけどその時御報告申し上げなかったのは赤ちゃんのリリースと、椎名林檎最新シングルのリリースが、見事にバッティングして居り、折角の真っ新な命を図らずも親の商売の宣伝に駆り出す恰好にしてしまうような事態を、危惧した為です。
but why i didn't inform at that time, was because release of my baby and release of Shiina Ringo's newest
single was completely conflicted, so I feared it resulted a newborn life is
used as advertise for her parent's business.

She called her childbirth as "release"
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.20, 01:22 AM   #16
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

yeah, she didn't want it to look like she was using her baby to promote her single. She also says she didn't intentionally hide it, but because she's able to make herself look totally different anytime you see her, it just sort of happened that no one recognized her.

I wonder if her son's name really is Rintarou. A lot of people seem to forget that Sonata has never been confirmed as an official name. If his name really is Rintarou that's kind of hilarious. What's the daughter, Rinko?? haha.

oh, it also says she had wanted a daughter for a while.

It looks like my timeline above was right and she gave birth in May sometime and was pregnant between then and July 2012. I'm pretty sure this was planned - maybe she disbanded Jihen knowing she wanted to add to her family.
Old 2013.11.20, 02:43 AM   #17
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

How can a baby be used for promotion? Put a sticker on it the jewel case that says "donate for single mother"? The baby would only piss some people off. She would have kept it secret forever if not for the tabloid.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.20, 02:47 AM   #18
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ a baby would only "piss off" retarded idol fans....
Old 2013.11.20, 02:56 AM   #19
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

But if you think about it, she does have lots of fanboys in their 20's/30's. It's no different than an idol fan base.

Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.20, 02:09 PM   #20
frecklegirl
apple-princess

Celebrities in the US do it allll the time. "Oh you have something to promote? well conveniently you've just sold photos of you and your baby and a story about the birth and being a mom to People Magazine! Now everyone is talking about you! Hmmmm, coincidence!?!" "Oh, you're campaigning to win an Oscar? well isn't it suspicious that paparazzi happened to catch you and your family at the farmers market looking squeaky clean and family-friendly, when you haven't been photographed in months!"

Anything that gets people talking about you more than they normally would is promotion, and baby news absolutely counts.