Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.08.13, 11:42 AM   #661
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Killer Tune is the only Variety song that will be remembered from Phase 2 (I'm including Adult-era) because it's the most indicative of this (lame) era of Shiina's career (HF included.)
Old 2008.08.13, 11:48 AM   #662
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

she should just deflate her fat fake lips and get with the program!!
I'm hating this whole "phase" crap! lets drop the phase and get some consistency about the place!! Killer Tune ? more like dead and buried.

Retrospect on the comment:
man I was angry this day.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.01.20 at 04:04 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.13, 12:11 PM   #663
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I still think she should have named the album "Retirement" instead...
Old 2008.08.13, 12:15 PM   #664
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
she should just deflate her fat fake lips and get with the program!!
I'm hating this whole "phase" crap! lets drop the phase and get some consistency about the place!! Killer Tune ? more like dead and buried.
EvilBoxEvil? Is that you? =P
Old 2008.08.13, 12:19 PM   #665
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
EvilBoxEvil? Is that you? =P

yes!!!!!!!!!!.....whos that ?
Old 2008.08.13, 12:24 PM   #666
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Evil was the best poster ever (outside of Jihad, Glath and myself). You had to be there.
Old 2008.08.13, 01:54 PM   #667
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I like Variety. It's obviously not her best work, but it does have its good points. I've been able to find something awesome (sometimes something small) about each of the songs on the album, and it keeps it exciting for me. And it's not that I just like pop music -- I'm not a big fan of Senkou Shoujo, and I can't stand listening to most Jpop singers anymore. I'm usually able to understand why someone hates a piece of music, but for Variety, I'm seriously at a loss for why so many people dislike it, especially those who are already fans of Shiina Ringo. Sure, it's not the best album ever. The writing isn't as strong as Ringo's. But it's comparable to Utaite Myori in my mind. The tracks are more listenable than most of those on Adult -- I can just pop Variety in and skip to any track on the album and be satisfied. With Adult, I usually have to listen to Shuraba, Yukiguni, and Kabuki before hearing Blackout. I enjoy each of the bandmembers' instrumental skills in this album (though I preferred Uki's guitaring in Adult), although I must say that I miss Izawa playing a real piano. I know the songs don't sound as layered or deep as the other albums, but I think in some ways it complements the light-hearted style of the music.

I think I'm just rambling right now because I'm just really confused about the reaction to this album. I want people to explain more why they don't like this music (if possible -- I'm not saying you have to spell it all out again). I know what good music sounds like.. and I know that there's better stuff than this. But for people who listen to Ayumi Hamasaki and Yuki, how can you not enjoy Variety?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.13, 06:04 PM   #668
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^Exactly!

So -the album wasn't perfect from beginning to finish, but, like, how awesome a song is OSCA! And Kingyo no hako, and METRO, and Kronekodow?
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.14, 02:06 AM   #669
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
But for people who listen to Ayumi Hamasaki and Yuki, how can you not enjoy Variety?
I don't listen to Ayumi Hamasaki I think her music is mass appeal trash! Yuki's ok though, I like her stuff but not massively so.
Old 2008.08.14, 02:16 AM   #670
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Ayu is, like, da bomb. Clrly. But surely I digress from the subject.

I guess I can understand why people might not be too excited by the material on VARIETY, but such Intense Hate? That's a tad extreme, I think.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote