Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2015.09.19, 10:18 PM   #31
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ringo's version of Shuen no Onna was a cathartic, draining and fully accomplished vision to me. It is her ultimate showtune and it should have been left as her final one. The absolute meeting point of showtune Ringo and SS Ringo fully realised. Actually a song where I think the mastering and mixing that ruins Sunny worked for it. I wouldn't have it any other way. Why the hell anyone would even consider the PUFFY song after this face melter is beyond me.

This was the last time I heard a Ringo song that got my heart racing. Hopefully this isn't the last ever...
Old 2015.09.19, 10:56 PM   #32
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Why the hell anyone would even consider the PUFFY song after this face melter is beyond me.

I mean, Shiina's Shuen no Onna is no doubt an endorphin releaser but the production physically hurts me. I can't listen to it. Not to mention ReplayGain has it at -13.5dB and I still need to turn down my speakers.

As for it being a "perfect PUFFY song," well. That's strictly my opinion and I won't pretend PUFFY isn't a guilty pleasure
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote