Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.15, 07:31 PM   #41
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Some of you may have already noticed that HMV Japan has had a page up for the Ringo File, for a couple of days now. Amazon still doesn't seem to have a page for it yet. Rockin' On Japan says the item will be available throughout this year, so it's not limited availability on the scale of must-preorder-this-faster-than-I-can-inhale. I'm already going to be broke from Ringo BoOK(s) and everything else, so the Ringo File is something I won't buy until around... July.
Old 2009.03.16, 05:18 PM   #42
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Some of you may have already noticed that HMV Japan has had a page up for the Ringo File, for a couple of days now.
Yaaaay, now they need to put the Book up as well. Though I suspect that to be highly unlikely. I'll grab Ringo File along with the new single I suppose.
Old 2009.03.17, 04:05 AM   #43
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Do you guys think there's a chance for this Ringo File to be available at YesAsia or CDJapan?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.17, 08:21 AM   #44
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Yaaaay, now they need to put the Book up as well. Though I suspect that to be highly unlikely. I'll grab Ringo File along with the new single I suppose.
I would bet money the Ringo BoOK won't appear at any store that ever lets you pre-order CDs/DVDs. That rules out basically all the major retailers we know and love (Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, Tower.jp, & YesAsia). Otaku might have it someday (because Kronekodow Ltd is the only original 'retailer' and Otaku is a dedicated reseller), but that's a longshot. The only rarities they tend to stock up on, are the items you yourself could've secured from any of the major retailers if you had ordered early enough.

I've never seen an international reseller stock up on Kronekodow Ltd items before. You either use a deputy service, a friend in Japan - or you probably get nothing. Any 'alternatives' would have had to go through those very same channels for you, thus they will have to pass on some forwarding costs to you. There's never going to be a cheap and easy way to get a Ringo BoOK. Whatever indirect path you pursue is going to cost you a lot more than 8800yen, and there will never be such a thing as a direct hookup for people who stay outside of Japan during the preordering/release time window.

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Do you guys think there's a chance for this Ringo File to be available at YesAsia or CDJapan?
I wouldn't quite 100% rule out YesAsia, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about them either. I'm absolutely confident there's no chance of it appearing at CD Japan. They don't even have a history of selling scorebooks. While I've noticed they do have books for some artists, it has to come through a business channel like Nippan IPS, which CD Japan already has dealings with for books in relation to multiple artists (usually overrated ones).

Mainly what my speculation boils down to, is whether or not the retailer has a history of selling Rockin'On Japan, and there's bonus points on the likelihood scale, if the retailer has ever sold scorebooks. That's why I was fairly certain that Amazon.co.jp and/or HMV Japan would offer the Ringo File. HMV Japan already offers it, and I'm surprised that Amazon isn't already offering it too. Now that I've checked, Tower.jp has a history of selling Rockin'On Japan, and guess what? They too are offering the Ringo File.

You have to profile these companies and look for patterns or precedent in their dealings, if you want to keep your hopes realistic.
Old 2009.03.17, 10:51 AM   #45
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Thanks for the explanation. My only hopes of buying the Ringo File was if it appeared at YesAsia or CDJapan, because those other options have far too complicated paying methods/procedures for me to bother, considering I'm not that obsessed with the product in question.
I know YesAsia sells magazines and books related with music/artists, but I'm not quite sure about Rockin'On Japan. I'll do a bit research on that.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.03.17 at 11:09 AM.
Old 2009.03.17, 06:47 PM   #46
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I've seen scorebooks appear on CDJapan but that's quite new.
Yesasia has been known to stock certain items if there is demand, so I suggest you write them an email telling them of your interest in this product, and it might just happen!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.19, 02:59 PM   #47
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
I've seen scorebooks appear on CDJapan but that's quite new.
Yesasia has been known to stock certain items if there is demand, so I suggest you write them an email telling them of your interest in this product, and it might just happen!
Ok, thanks. I might try that
Old 2009.03.19, 03:37 PM   #48
Glathannus
True Final Boss

A recent point of curiosity for me, is if any of the projected biography/childhood/family photos during Ringo EXPO 08 are going to be included within the Ringo BoOK. I don't have any reason to believe they will or won't be included, but I just thought I'd give everyone something to ponder.
Old 2009.03.19, 05:15 PM   #49
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Ok, thanks. I might try that
Maybe we should all try so they get a number of emails about it!
Old 2009.03.19, 07:56 PM   #50
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I recent point of curiosity for me, is if any of the projected biography/childhood/family photos during Ringo EXPO 08 are going to be included within the Ringo BoOK. I don't have any reason to believe they will or won't be included, but I just thought I'd give everyone something to ponder.
In one of the preview pics there's a baby picture, so I guess we'll have some, but I have no idea if they will be the same...
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote