Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2012.11.11, 03:28 AM   #31
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

I agree completely with Benkai, I like Byoushou Public so much as a whole. Whenever I hear that song, I wish I was old enough to have active acknowledge the existence of the album in it's release window.

I absolutely love the end of Kimaru, but up until I started absorbing the lyrics- I couldn't stand waiting the first 30 m- err, 3mins. I feel the same way about Keshou Naoshi.

I love the verses of Nyusui Negai and even the change in sound in it's first occurrence, but come towards the end- I wish the song kept it's original form. But again, I think this is another one I grew to just get over.

I never liked how koko de kiss shite started and dislike the ending for the same reason. I only care about the "No, no, shiru nanji..." part of Tsukimi asobi.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.11, 08:22 PM   #32
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I think I have this problem mostly with Jihen songs. For example, the opening of Ikiru is really fun. It's just not the same song when it picks up. I also hate the opening of Season Sayonara so much that I thought I hated the entire song for a long time just because of those abrupt three seconds. It's actually one of my favorite on Sports. The end of Tegami, too, is really touching but I have to be in the right mood to tolerate the build-up.

I can usually appreciate Ringo's solo material as a complete unit. Sometimes there might be a really cool part that I love more than the rest, but there is hardly ever a part that makes me think less of the song as a whole. Well, maybe the opening of Koko de Kisu Shite. I've always thought she should have wrote a different introduction.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote