Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.10.11, 03:24 PM   #21
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Dude's got a blog, he shared the link, that's all there is to it... It's not like he's forcing you to look at it.

If he was joining for the sinister sole purpose of advertising his blog, why would he bother responding to your questioning?

Anyway, none of my business. I just thought I might as well add to it after reading all of that.
I'm too tired and frustrated to filter for bluntness right now, but 80% of his posts are from and to his blog, and the other 20% are about said posts or blog. I know it's on topic, but really now, its silly. Whenever there's a post from him, I already know what it's about.

pichuani is a fine poster, brings up fine discussions, but stop it with the blog.

I apologize to pichuani if I was too harsh.
Old 2011.10.11, 03:33 PM   #22
pichuani

pichuani pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I'm too tired and frustrated to filter for bluntness right now, but 80% of his posts are from and to his blog, and the other 20% are about said posts or blog. I know it's on topic, but really now, its silly. Whenever there's a post from him, I already know what it's about.

pichuani is a fine poster, brings up fine discussions, but stop it with the blog.

I apologize to pichuani if I was too harsh.

Thanks so much for your message, Tokyo Jihad. I appreciate this kind of straightforwardness. I know what is expected here from now on. Sorry for all this hassle indeed.
pichuani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.11, 05:40 PM   #23
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

pichuani, I think what they are both trying to say is:
You can be a contributing member of the community and self-promote. But when all of your contributions are self-promotions, featuring discussions outside of the forum, it seems almost like you don't value the forum, like you don't want to actually become a part of the community here. Like you only are dipping your feet in so to speak.

I can totally understand where you are coming from in regards to not feeling like you could contribute to the discussions here. We have a lot of strong voices and strong opinions. But I think you have some really great ideas about Ringo, and your blogs are focused on a more in-depth, critical look at Ringo's work, which I always appreciate.

You can't take what somebody says on the forum as a personal attack. I used to feel like Jihad's disagreements with me were personal attacks, but now I know better.

The bottom line is: We want this forum to be a community, and to be a community everyone needs to contribute. So just try to post something in other discussions; you have some great ideas that don't need to be relegated to your blog.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.11, 07:11 PM   #24
pichuani

pichuani pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
pichuani, I think what they are both trying to say is:
You can be a contributing member of the community and self-promote. But when all of your contributions are self-promotions, featuring discussions outside of the forum, it seems almost like you don't value the forum, like you don't want to actually become a part of the community here. Like you only are dipping your feet in so to speak.

I can totally understand where you are coming from in regards to not feeling like you could contribute to the discussions here. We have a lot of strong voices and strong opinions. But I think you have some really great ideas about Ringo, and your blogs are focused on a more in-depth, critical look at Ringo's work, which I always appreciate.

You can't take what somebody says on the forum as a personal attack. I used to feel like Jihad's disagreements with me were personal attacks, but now I know better.

The bottom line is: We want this forum to be a community, and to be a community everyone needs to contribute. So just try to post something in other discussions; you have some great ideas that don't need to be relegated to your blog.

Got it. Thanks so much for your response, TurtleFu. I understand what you are saying.
pichuani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.24, 11:28 AM   #25
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

What I think is hilarious here is that pichuani, you say you understand, but since this point (October 11), you have not made any contributions to any discussions that are not on threads you started yourself. It's like a Moebius loop here. So, if you really do understand, get posting elsewhere. If you really do get it, and really do want to be a full member of the community (and not just pawn off your links to what you imagine is a willing and receptive audience), you should have done that right away.

So prove us wrong. Introduce yourself in the New Members Thread. Tell us what you think of the new single. Share what you're reading/watching. Etc.

Otherwise, we will really know something is up when you come back here the next time to pimp a blog post without doing any of those other things first.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.24, 12:17 PM   #26
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It would be so fun to start a Shiina Ringo blog. I could write fanfics on it and everything! Yay!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.24, 08:37 PM   #27
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
It would be so fun to start a Shiina Ringo blog. I could write fanfics on it and everything! Yay!
Agreed. EMF's outer face.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.25, 12:49 AM   #28
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

I don't quite understand why pichuani's linking of blog entries annoys people so much. There are plenty of posts on emf with less thought put behind their composition.

Etiquette is a tricky business, it is highly dependent on culture. Although there are universal theme, there customs that are unacceptable is one culture but allowed or encouraged in another. Take for example, slurping noodles in Japan vs making similar noises in a Western restaurant.

Of course cultures adopt certain attitudes towards various behaviours based on the values that they hold. I am guessing that, people here wants to promote community spirit through two way conversations, and pichuani's one sided output is interpreted as narcissistic. But suppose there is a poster that never posts anything other than too link their SR/TJ cover on Youtube. What will the response of the community be? Suppose those covers were awesome, and we all would like to know about it as soon as they become available? Will people be annoyed by that?

Last edited by D.K.Liu : 2011.10.25 at 12:52 AM.
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.25, 01:45 AM   #29
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by D.K.Liu View Post
I don't quite understand why pichuani's linking of blog entries annoys people so much. There are plenty of posts on emf with less thought put behind their composition.

Etiquette is a tricky business, it is highly dependent on culture. Although there are universal theme, there customs that are unacceptable is one culture but allowed or encouraged in another. Take for example, slurping noodles in Japan vs making similar noises in a Western restaurant.

Of course cultures adopt certain attitudes towards various behaviours based on the values that they hold. I am guessing that, people here wants to promote community spirit through two way conversations, and pichuani's one sided output is interpreted as narcissistic. But suppose there is a poster that never posts anything other than too link their SR/TJ cover on Youtube. What will the response of the community be? Suppose those covers were awesome, and we all would like to know about it as soon as they become available? Will people be annoyed by that?
I think it is because his blog is reviewing her products and his thoughts on her and the songs. Rather than him just posting in his blog alone, why not join the forum to have fruitful discussions with us?

Ringo has been ignoring EMF. So yeah, I think we would be indifferent or a little annoyed.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote