Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2013.09.06, 08:19 PM   #8661
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Anyway, my other other main newbie of serious DG (and SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE'S) attention, Maron Hamada, has a new single out next month. Album to follow shortly. Cannot wait. More of her amazing smoky blend of jazz rock!

I found a bigger one, how to make fit better????

It's getting a CD and (an already sold out 7" but pre-ordered by yours truly) pressing. Loving them old 70's style covers she's going for).

Also; PITCHFORK gave Pixies new EP 1.0 out of 10. Now I HAVE to hear this thing!!!!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.09.06 at 11:14 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.06, 09:31 PM   #8662
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Superficial Fan View Post
Whether you're political or not, you're implicated in a conflict that my government is deeply involved in and the lobby for your country is now pushing hard for the U.S. to go to war against the interests of the overwhelming majority of Americans.

And get your hands out of American taxpayers' pockets.

No apologies.

Layla tov.

Goyim untermenschen reject war for the Jewish state (and the KSA and Qatar and Turkey and international bankers and the defense industry
you should attack my goverment then, not me, they're the ones who are involved in this dispute. I'm just a random Israeli citizen that got nothing to do with this dispute. what you're doing now has the same effect of attacking a random chinese citizen for the occupation of Tibet by his goverment
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.07, 06:54 AM   #8663
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Heavy Fuel
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.08, 01:23 AM   #8664
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Really enjoying this (possibly helps with me not being a Carpenter's fan/not giving a crap about them :-p) - meaning for me, I have no real comparisons to be made and can just enjoy it for what it is. The songs themselves are nice enough, but its's Rie Fu of course has Rie Fu's voice which I have always adored since her debut.

EDIT:

RE- Pixies EP 1- Yep, it's a turd, a real rotten one too. This is shockingly dull and obviously midlife-crisis music. I'd rather listen to Lou Reed and Metallica's Lulu than this. That's the level of bad we're dealing with here. There's no defense for it. If it was from another band maybe I'd be 'meh' and forget, but come on, this is Pixies. Worst release of the year? Most probably. Definitely most disappointing/fanbase crushing release whichever way you look at it. I wasn't expecting Doolittle, but at least expecting Pitchfork to be wrong/exaggerating/focussing on band status/trying WAAAAY too hard to have a different opinion to the norm like usual when they give something either a 1 or 10...

EDIT 2:

Just heard Arcade Fire's Reflektor, and I really was taken aback by the new "dancey" direction at first. But hell, now I've listened multiple times, it's really taking hold of me and I'm getting really pumped at this new face for them. While it may be a new sound, it's still definately Arcade Fire. The fact that Bowie is guesting on this too... amazing (and kinda suiting seeing as I have always wished they should)!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.09.08 at 05:58 AM.
Old 2013.09.08, 02:46 PM   #8665
Inseu

Berryz工房 男前
Old 2013.09.09, 01:09 PM   #8666
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Yeah, new Arcade Fire is pretty coll
Old 2013.09.11, 03:23 PM   #8667
Inseu

The Riddle - Nik Kershaw

Heard this song in the MacDonalds...I like it more than current indie pop/ pop rock.
Old 2013.09.11, 05:47 PM   #8668
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Arcade Fire is dance-y, which knocks it a couple steps down the pretentious points. I can dig it.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.11, 08:03 PM   #8669
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Arcade Fire is dance-y, which knocks it a couple steps down the pretentious points. I can dig it.
Only a really pretentious asshole/clueless idiot would make the complaint that Arcade Fire are pretentious (which they are, but with purpose/place/give an edge ala Radiohead-esque pretense, not something one would usually care to make a complaint about) :-p

If anything, this new Arcade Fire is their most 'pretentious' yet- a double album, full of long 7 minute songs... I can feel the pretentiousness already. And I can't wait.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.09.11 at 08:07 PM.
Old 2013.09.12, 05:07 AM   #8670
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'd say Arcade Fire just in general are kind of pretentious, even if they seem like affable people in interviews. Some of parts I suppose.
And yessssss double album. Hope its killer.