Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.01.20, 12:19 PM   #41
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by 02340234 View Post
I nominate HEDOfloe for having the best SR fan attitude. I nominate myself for having the worst. Right now I'm clawing my face having panic attacks waiting for new stuff.
Don't let Hedo trick you, he likes Variety. His attitude is based on the belief that Variety was a decent release.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.20, 12:19 PM   #42
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Fans were embarrassed to preorder because of the title?!

wtf

I would walked up to the counter and said "One order of Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana all over my face, please. don't skimp on the saaaaaamennnn!"
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.20, 12:21 PM   #43
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Well, someone is trying very hard to translate all the japanese wiki pages about Ringo into english. It's already very detailed.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.20, 02:29 PM   #44
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
I wish I could understand the Japanese wiki. D: Info gold mine!
I often first use inelegant, brute force web page translators. Google Translate will "work" on just about any URL, while Babel Fish sometimes requires the cutting and pasting of text. IBM WebSphere is nice when it works, which unfortunately is not all too often.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.22, 12:49 PM   #45
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

ShadyNook: That line is priceless XD

ShinjiPG: Wah! That's wicked. Is it you? Or Freckle? XD That's a hard task and I wish them luck :]

TeslaGuy: I'm always worried of mistranslations on those things. But I guess I could always do half translation of my own but my Japanese grammar is so poor.
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.22, 03:21 PM   #46
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

No no, it's not me! lol
From the nicks mentioned in the Edit History of the page, I don't have a clue who it might be or if it's someone from this community. I just know that there's someone out there making sure every word of the japanese wikipedia entry gets translated, considering the english page was much less detailed not so long ago.
It's pretty much a direct-translation, which is fine content-wise, but it made the article bigger and more desorganized than it should be. I would help organize it, but it's such a "mess" that I'm leaving that task to whoever started infusing the translations. Altough the "Influences" and "Theme Songs and Tie-Ins" categories are really messing with my OCD, given the unnecessary ammount of space they occupy.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.01.22 at 03:25 PM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.22, 04:07 PM   #47
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Don't let Hedo trick you, he likes Variety. His attitude is based on the belief that Variety was a decent release.
Even if I thought it was buns, I wouldn't take the bad attitude people have taken towards her. I'd just be looking forwards to a new release that much more.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.26, 05:43 PM   #48
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
ShinjiPG: Wah! That's wicked. Is it you? Or Freckle? XD That's a hard task and I wish them luck :]
It's not me either! I didn't even know there was that sort of info to be found on her Japanese wiki pages, but moreover, that implies I have waaayy more free time in which to translate than I really do XD
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.29, 03:34 PM   #49
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

This post is probably going to make me a lot of enemies, but I'm going to say it anyways because I don't give a shit. Also, this isn't directed towards anyone in particular.

I'm fine with weeding through the 'good' tracks and searching for the truly fantastic gems, like Hatsukoi Shoujo. And I actually adore Ramp as well. And that one live version of BBQueen blew my freaking MIND. So, yes, there are gems. Also also also, the 'merged' Yokushitsu. See? I keep naming more as I write this post! Ringo definitely has it in her to make another KZK. If she did it once, honestly, she can do it again. It may take her time, may take some sortof life changing event for her, but she'll reach it. Or maybe she'll spread out her focused ray of crazy awesome talent among many many songs on different albums so she doesn't have to go nuts over one giant, looming complex tyrant of an album. Something like that, maybe? I don't know what her reasons are for making what she makes. I don't pretend to be that deeply entangled in Ringo politics or music industry doodads, and I won't pretend to be. I know we all like to pick apart things, analyze lyrics, compositions, songs, albums, eras, but sometimes it gets to be a bit much, you know? For an optimistic Ringo fan such as myself, it gets to be harrowing, because gosh, I really really love this woman's work, and I think she'd be a pretty awesome person to know, and having people questioning her abilities makes me feel like they're attacking some cute girl I have a crush on, or something. If that makes sense. Which it doesn't for various reasons...
ANYWAYS.
The fact is, artists grow and mature, go different ways, and make music/art that their TRUE public doesn't generally always like (and by true, I am fans like us, not fans that listen to her more pop-ish mainstream songs passively and don't digest any of the content behind the music). I think we need to get over the fact that she's not ours to control. She is brilliant, but she is not ours. We should just wait for her to release new material. And it's fine to bicker, and reminisce, and all that jazz, but sometimes enough is enough. If some of you feel like it's hopeless and she'll never reclaim the awesomness that you thought was there within her younger years, then that's fine, don't ever listen to a new Shiina Ringo/TJ song ever again for the rest of your life, and live forever in the past. That's cool with me. I don't agree with it, but then again, I'm not your mom so obviously I cannot tell you what to do. Or, you can treat each new release as a different artistic entity, analyze it withIN the context of her earlier works but not against them as if they are GODLY SONGS WRITTEN BY GODS AND NOTHING CAN COMPARE, NOTHING, NOTHING NOTHING, and live a happy, Ringo-filled life.

Do you know how much pressure there is on artists to outperform their work once it becomes a major hit? It is heavier than any weight imaginable, and I cannot fathom how deafening and maddening her inner thoughts must be in terms of her own creativity. You can be all "yo, Ringo, sup with the crap tracks?", but it just makes me livid when people try to get in her business. Maybe I'm projecting a little. Heck, I think I'm projecting a lot, actually, but as someone who is a growing artist, I am facing the same difficulty. I'm not saying that I know her own personal struggles, her battles with her inner creative self, but man, I can sure imagine what she must feel and can empathize whole heartedly. Yes, I'm in it for the music, but if I was ONLY in it for the music, and not for the woman who makes the music, I'd go listen to Yngwie Malmsteen without feeling guilty about him being a complete and utter jackass. I sortof kindof adore her. Not in a stalker way, just...as though she is my role model, or something. But I'm really really rambling now, so I'll quit while I'm ahead. If I put my foot any further down my throat it's liable to come out the other side.

The point is: Ringo's human. Let her do her own thing, yeah? Love her oldies, but please don't condemn her and say she'll NEVER MAKE ANOTHER KZK EVER AGAIN AND WHY IS SHE SO TALENTLESS NOW OMG? That just makes me incredibly sad (in the pants).

Now, if you all are going to kill me after reading my rant, please do it quickly and painlessly. Thanks.
Old 2009.01.29, 03:42 PM   #50
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ophy View Post
Now, if you all are going to kill me after reading my rant, please do it quickly and painlessly. Thanks.
Bang! (dead)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote