Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.01.29, 03:50 PM   #51
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

(revives as a zombie)
I love you, Bingo.

But seriously though. Why do we piss and moan so much on these forums?
Old 2009.01.29, 03:55 PM   #52
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm just a moaning bitch with unrealistic expectations.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.01.30 at 12:10 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.29, 04:07 PM   #53
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

ophy, I would like to see more posts like yours, not so much because it's a difficult post to disagree with, but because most people who feel the way you do, don't have the charm when they try to make their case. They get bitchy (not that you aren't) and they try to lay out legitimate reasons, but it doesn't really strike a chord with anyone who didn't already have similar thoughts. People harbor all these strong feelings and when somebody vents, you don't get the sense that it has made them feel any better for the longterm, because all they are doing is preaching to the choir and they know it. That's what I find to be disappointing about the bickering from most of the folks on either side of the grand debate - even the people who try to be more gentle in their approach. It's just this perpetual cycle of sighing or huffing where many of the more introverted people would rather negative or positive rep somebody else's post, than spill their guts out in the thread - like they tried before and they knew immediately afterward that they didn't make a breakthrough with anybody. I feel that you have now succeeded where many people have fallen short.

I just wanted to say that you did some serious soul-searching there, and if anyone wants to destroy you, they'll have to get through me first.
Old 2009.01.29, 04:18 PM   #54
ophy

Yes, it is great, but we can have an awesome discussion with differing opinions without being all OH MY GOD SHE IS COMPLETELY GONE WHY IS HER MUSIC SHIT OMG OMG OMG OMG. Even if it isn't that overt, I get that tone from some people here, and it makes me sad in the panntsss.
I'm too tired for this discussion right nao.

And thanks Glath. You are a sweetie pie, if you don't mind me saying.
I am being bitchy, and I don't mind saying that and admitting to it.
I'm just..tired of all. The cycle of sighing and huffing, as you say.
Old 2009.01.30, 01:33 AM   #55
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm sure most of us are so disappointed about her because we're not used or haven't learn to accept that people change dramatically. *points at self*
Also, one thing that I don't like about nu-Ringo fans, is that they are all high about HF and Variety, but probably don't listen to her older works enough. It feels like they don't know wtf they're talking about when they say things like "Variety is on par or as great as previous works". Go listen to SS, nao!
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.30, 03:59 AM   #56
merman

merman is an asset to this community

I've never seen anybody say that.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.01, 04:10 AM   #57
Masuku

Masuku pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by ophy View Post
(revives as a zombie)
But seriously though. Why do we piss and moan so much on these forums?
Because... when we first discovered her, we didn't knew of anything better and were like "haa, god does exist" but then we got too familiar with her and lalala here we are with the heh heh ah-so-funny variety jokes.

Please don't anyone take what i wrote above too seriously.

Originally Posted by ophy View Post
we can have an awesome discussion with differing opinions without being all OH MY GOD SHE IS COMPLETELY GONE WHY IS HER MUSIC SHIT OMG OMG OMG OMG.
Yeah.

As all this promotion of SR's 10th anniversary may tell us, it really has been 10years since her debut! She was crazy and unique 20year old who later on became mother and turned 30. I think there is enough time to change your views about music (and life) in general and she also has been in the music business for a while and succesfully doing it for living now. And to be an artist and be able to do it for living, you have to change. I'm proud of Ringo for being capable to do so much different kind of things. Would it be better if all of her albums had been the exact same as SS? Should we be here and whining that; "everything she does is the same"? (I think it's better for Ringo that we whine about her "incapability" to do another KZK (like that would be the case) instead of repetition)

Shiina Ringo's solo career is not Tokyo Jihen as a band and vice versa. Tokyo Jihen and Shiina Ringo's solo aren't the songs SR writes for other artists and vice versa. Even if they all have SR connected in them.

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
one thing that I don't like about nu-Ringo fans, is that they are all high about HF and Variety, but probably don't listen to her older works enough. It feels like they don't know wtf they're talking about when they say things like "Variety is on par or as great as previous works". Go listen to SS, nao!
nu-fans are nu-fans, we should let them be nobody can be an expert in a month. It's not necessary for nu-fan to be as passionate as older fans lol. But I admit being one of those persons who do use the phrase "love the band, hate the fanbase" sometimes but not too seriously.

Last edited by Masuku : 2009.02.01 at 04:21 AM.
Masuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.01, 07:01 AM   #58
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Masuku View Post
Yeah.

As all this promotion of SR's 10th anniversary may tell us, it really has been 10years since her debut! She was crazy and unique 20year old who later on became mother and turned 30. I think there is enough time to change your views about music (and life) in general and she also has been in the music business for a while and succesfully doing it for living now. And to be an artist and be able to do it for living, you have to change. I'm proud of Ringo for being capable to do so much different kind of things. Would it be better if all of her albums had been the exact same as SS? Should we be here and whining that; "everything she does is the same"? (I think it's better for Ringo that we whine about her "incapability" to do another KZK (like that would be the case) instead of repetition)

Shiina Ringo's solo career is not Tokyo Jihen as a band and vice versa. Tokyo Jihen and Shiina Ringo's solo aren't the songs SR writes for other artists and vice versa. Even if they all have SR connected in them.
My thoughts exactly... I separate TJ and SR, obviously it's a different kind of making music when you're in a band and when you're a solo artist.
Although I didn't like Heisei Fuuzoku that much when it first came out, I've grown to, and all I needed was a different point of view. It was (probably) supposed to be more of a soundtrack album, or a companion piece to a movie, than a brand new solo album. And I appreciate how varied her music is.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.04, 07:17 PM   #59
ophy

I'm glad I'm not being torn a new asshole for this comment of mine
Old 2009.02.05, 01:18 AM   #60
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

There's still time ophy!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote