Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake
I'm going to be honest, I completely lost track of what Ringo has been up to once the forums went down. If someone in the know is willing to post a rundown of everything that happened, that would be awesome!
I'll try and do my best, forgive me for the sloppy list and any errors made along the way.
- Released 13 jours au Japon ~2020 Nippon no Natsu~, a cover of 13 jours en France for the album Les 50 ans de Saravah.
- Released two covers of Pizzicato Five's iconic Tokyo Wa Yoru No Shichiji for the Rio Paralympics. One featured an auto-tuned Ukigumo while the other featured Ringo herself, Uki and the choreographer Mikiko (billed as HUMAN ERROR); the lyrics, of course, were rewritten to be symmetrical.
- Released the single Menukidouri with Tortoise Matsumoto. The song was used as a jingle for a luxury mall.
- Covered Kuriyama Chiaki's Oishii Kisetsu for a chocolate commercial; was arranged by Neko Saito.
- Composed the ending theme Otona no Okite for the hit drama Quartet. The song was sung by fictional band Dougnuts Hole (Takako Matsu, Mitsushima Hikari, Issei Takahaski and Ryuuhei Matsuda) and later Ringo herself with Matsuzaki Nao, who was previously featured on Utaite Myouri with the track Momen no Handkerchief. As expected from a high-rated drama, the song charted well.
- Released Reimports vol. 2, this time with more familiar arrangers: Saito Neko, Yukio Nagoshi, Youichi Murata and Tomoyuki Asakawa. The album was mostly jazz and show tunes.
- Was featured on Utada Hikaru's latest album Fantome with the song Nijikan Dake no Vacance. The video was directed by her husband Yuichi Kodama.
- Released a Bluray of her 2015 tour with MANGARAMA.
- Is currently on a tour that will end on the 20th anniversary of her debut (I think?). A tribute album will also be released on this day. It's been rumored that Ringo will retire from the spotlight and continue her role behind the scenes as a producer.
Feel free to make corrections or add anything.