Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.05.25, 10:51 AM   #21
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Just finished a two-hour game of SC Broodwar with my dad and my brother... my first one in such a long time. That game will never get old.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 07:27 PM   #22
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Great fun \0/
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.28, 01:13 PM   #23
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Currently playing Vagrant Story

I can't believe I already defeated the 2nd (or 3rd, depends how you count them) boss in such a short time. Glath explained the weapon system to me, which is basically what I was failing at everytime I tried this game. Hopefully I'll be able to beat it this time.
When you get the gist of it, it's impressive how actually simple it is, just not as obvious as other RPGs I've played. In Final Fantasy games, you know you have to level up, upgrade the weapons, and you'll reach the end easily. In Vagrant Story the difference is that you can't escape the weapon/battle system.

Anyway, I'm skipping most of the cut-scenes because I watched them countless times before, which makes the game progress faster too.
Only thing I have to blame is the time it takes to access the weapons menu and change them. One would think that given the importance of changing weapons during the game, they would make it more accessible. I can't understand why they didn't include it in the shortcut system =F
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.28, 01:58 PM   #24
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Lately it's been a mix of Phantasy Star Portable and Dis-peep-e-a: Final Fantasy. Not so exciting, but oh well.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.28, 07:53 PM   #25
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

It makes me proud Shinji to hear that you are playing the greatest game of all time! If you let it get under your skin you will be messing with that weapon system forever! I must have put about 200+ hours into that game making 100+ all class weapons and perfect armor! that game is so rich in detail and atmosphere that it's always a joy to play.

Castlevania got finished so on to the next one! Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
Old 2009.06.01, 08:44 AM   #26
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Well that's "Portrait of Ruin" finished! on to the next Castlevania game. Even though it's the same crappy premise (destroy Dracula) and the castle never seems THAT different in each installment, I'm still Castlevania addicted.

On to "Dawn of Sorrow" wonder who the end boss is???
Old 2009.06.01, 11:02 AM   #27
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm playing cooking/gardening mama
fucking addictive
and I'm also playing some igo and mahjong games on ds and snes emulator
o.o

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.01, 11:42 AM   #28
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Currently playing Vagrant Story

Only thing I have to blame is the time it takes to access the weapons menu and change them. One would think that given the importance of changing weapons during the game, they would make it more accessible. I can't understand why they didn't include it in the shortcut system =F
Just because you can swap weapons in mid-battle, doesn't mean that's what the game developers want you to be doing. I always ran around with just one actively-in-service weapon, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

This is my old faithful,
a Hagane Wakizashi with a Power Palm and three Braveheart gems,
that I beat my first playthrough with:

DP: 135          PP: 110
  Class:        Affinity:            Type:
  Human: 109    Physical:  40       Blunt:  0
  Beast: 109         Air:   8       Edged: 15
 Undead: 109        Fire:  23    Piercing: 12
Phantom: 109       Earth:  91                          Org:
 Dragon: 109       Water:  50                        Range:  3
   Evil: 109       Light: 109                         Risk:  2
                    Dark:  59                   Attack/STR: 41
                                                Attack/INT:  5
                                                   Agility:  7
Now although this wakazashi certainlly had some room for improvement, the thing that made it a really nice underdog weapon...
Wakizashis have a fairly nice flow when you are trying to Chain with them
3 Braveheart gems were giving me +60% on my chance to hit, so even when I was getting a little too carried away with my Chains and my Risk was getting too high, a lot of my next hits could still connect with the enemy.
It should also be noted that although most of my Affinities weren't very good, Light was all I needed against the final boss. So this really was a weapon that could carry me through the game, but it wasn't as effective against some of the mid-bosses as I wanted it to be, or some of the side-dungeons that get unlocked during the second playthrough.

Now, moving on to more serious business.
This is my no-room-for-improvement weapon,
a Damascus Rhomphaia with a Spiral Hilt and three Arturos gems:

DP: 280          PP:  57
  Class:        Affinity:            Type:
  Human: 190    Physical: 190       Blunt: 20
  Beast: 190         Air: 190       Edged: 20
 Undead: 190        Fire: 190    Piercing: 20
Phantom: 190       Earth: 190                          Org:
 Dragon: 190       Water: 190                        Range:  5
   Evil: 190       Light: 190                         Risk:  3
                    Dark: 190                   Attack/STR: 64
                                                Attack/INT: 52
                                                   Agility: 15
Now, this weapon is not without its drawbacks. It gives you 3 Risk everytime you take a swing with it, and it doesn't have the nicest flow when it comes to Chaining. However, with the longest range of any one-handed weapon in the game, I can still use a shield, plus this weapon is strong enough that it's not like I need to Chain an enemy very much to kill them. The other notably nice thing about it is the very high Durability Points compared to the very low Phantom Points. It takes you almost no time at all to begin dishing out double-damage with that weapon, and once that starts, the rampage continues on for far longer than it ever could with my Hagane Wakizashi. You see, by the time I got full PP on the old weapon, most of its DP was already gone, so you never got to have a very long session of "max PP with some DP" (the requirement for double-damage).

I'm very proud of this weapon, and it was totally worth going through the game on a second playthrough, and getting more acquainted and abusive with the Workshop.
Old 2009.06.01, 12:24 PM   #29
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

4 times complete for me \0/ (on my current save) which I can't actually find

(on and off over the last 4 years it's probably been 10+)
Old 2009.06.08, 07:14 PM   #30
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Super Castlevania IV on the SNES! Struggled through that damn game to be rewarded with the shortest ending I think I have ever seen. I know the castle always crumbles but 5 seconds long ending movie? c'mon! I think I'll throw my SNES out the window.

And why are they always dressed like barbarians in the old Castlevania games? if I were going to fight evil I'd at least cover my legs y'know? (all those bat bites) I prefer the attire of Alucard and the other later Castlevania game characters.