Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.12.31, 12:43 PM   #11
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yeah right XD
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 01:14 PM   #12
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Hahah, now that I think about it, I'm much more excited for her next solo album
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.21, 12:06 PM   #13
digdad

digdad has had more than 15 seconds of fame

What is it about this album? It will put me in the mood for a Ringo music binge like no other. I've been listening to a variety of other artists for about a month, with the occasional SR/TJ song popping up randomly. But this morning I decided to play one or two songs from this album and as each successive song came up I became more and more hooked. I've been binging on Ringo tunes all day as a result. There's just something about her vocals on this collection that just captivate me. I know she doesn't even consider this one of "her albums", but she sure does have a way of making each and every song hers, despite never really straying far at all from the song she's covering. Maybe it's my wonder at how's she's able to do that that draws me in.
Old 2008.06.16, 04:14 PM   #14
inaux

inaux pleased at least somebody

In case someone else was interested in the original, here's Kimi wo Aisu on youtube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0hDvYGIJamc

Listening to it really makes me appreciate Ringo's arrangement; the ambience elicited by the two versions are so different.
inaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.03, 07:34 AM   #15
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I wonder if there's a listening order?
Mori-pact then Kame-pact?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.03, 10:05 AM   #16
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I would expect many westerners to play Kame-pact first, commonly because they'll have Romanized foldernames - and K comes before M in the alphabet.

If you keep in mind that each CD had a different producer when all of the content could have just as easily fit onto one CD, maybe the play-order isn't supposed to matter. Shiina Ringo was pregnant, she wasn't writing her own songs, and two different guys were producing for her - so I wouldn't exactly call the collection a "unified vision".

I've always had the ritual of playing Mori-pact first. That's really all it is. A ritual is any habit you uphold, without a completely rational/researched/provable reasoning. I could be right for the wrong reasons, no reason at all, or I could just be wrong. I'm not going to pontificate Mori-pact as 'first', and act like that is totally canon.

Considering that Kronekodow.com lists out Mori-pact before Kame-pact (despite the serial numbers), yeah, I think Mori-pact comes first - if anything comes 'first'.

If anyone has concrete research/sources, I would actually like to know what the "proper" play-order is, if there even is one. But until then, Mori-pact being first - is my best guess.
Old 2009.01.03, 11:03 AM   #17
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
If anyone has concrete research/sources, I would actually like to know what the "proper" play-order is, if there even is one.
Yes...
Old 2009.01.03, 11:15 AM   #18
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Hmm, that's an interesting question, Shinji. I never listen to them back to back, though. She just has so much good work that I'd usually just pick a song or two from this collection and throw it into a playlist. "Yer Blues" and "Starting Over" are definitely my favs. I also really love "Love is blind" and I always wonder if I'd understand her english in it if I wasnt a fan and already familiar with her accent...
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.03, 11:59 AM   #19
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Shinji,

If you have a dissatisfaction with anything I say - you choosing to disregard (other) related sentences in the same post while you rep or quote me, isn't exactly the fairest way to respond.

By conveniently excluding other sentences, and trailing off on the "Yes...", you make it sound as if my post has left you exactly where you already were - at Point A on your journey of discovery to Point Z, as if there weren't 24 other letters in-between.

I understand that Kronekodow.com isn't everything, but it's something.
Try not to act like it's absolutely nothing.

When you aren't going to rationalize your dissatisfaction in a way that other members can connect with, there are two options you had, that would have been better than "Yes..." (which might as well have been kthxbye because it was very unconstructively dismissive). One option is to put me on Ignore, and another option is to say nothing at all.
Old 2009.01.03, 12:34 PM   #20
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Lol, what you said previously to what I quoted, left me exactly were I was, yes... That's why I quoted your last sentence, because it represents exactly what I was going to reply, if you hadn't written it. Because I wasn't asking for speculation that I may make as well, I was asking if there's an official order. Maybe I should have been more specific about that, I agree. I guess it was bad communication...

I checked kronekodow as well, before asking the question here, but I wasn't sure if it was any help, since japanese read from "right to left", so the order isn't necessarily clear through there. I hoped that someone with the original discs might have some information. Or at least, when you open cd-case, what's the first disc?