Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2007.08.16, 06:32 PM   #31
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Variety is basically Utaite Myoli vol. 2, except this time it's a bunch of compositions the public hasn't heard before. It would be one thing if new songs were being composed for Tokyo Jihen, but it sounds to me like we're getting hand-me-downs.
HF mach 2 am confirmed!
Old 2007.08.16, 06:37 PM   #32
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Glath you compared me with Uki... :'(
Old 2007.08.16, 06:38 PM   #33
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Glath you compared me with Uki... :'(
Heheh, Uki is getting compared to all sorts of flattering company tonight =P

Old 2007.08.16, 09:37 PM   #34
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Why not have half a Tokyo Jihen album produced by Kameda and the other half produced by Asai Kenichi? Both halves of Utaite Myoli vol. 1 are small enough to fit together onto ONE disc anyhow. Variety is basically Utaite Myoli vol. 2, except this time it's a bunch of compositions the public hasn't heard before. It would be one thing if new songs were being composed for Tokyo Jihen, but it sounds to me like we're getting hand-me-downs. I'm sure Asai Kenichi has plenty of those available, that we haven't heard before, and even if they (in their raw form) are not necessarily up-to-grade with his works that were good enough to go public already, we can always count on Kameda to be able to chew on coal and shit out diamonds, right? You can have some criss-cross composing/producing going on within the band, where Kameda arranges Asai Kenichi, and Asai Kenichi arranges Izawa and Ukigumo. You have to admit, that would rule.
Actually, most of them appear as new compositions, excluding OSCA and Pinocchio (did anyone confirm that yet?) (judging from the new tracks coupled with the singles). None of us can draw on the fact that it is a cover album without seeing the tracklist, and if they follow patterns with the singles, we can bet they will be new tracks. *crosses fingers*

Your signature:
Q: What do George "Dubya" Bush and Ukigumo have in common?
A: They were both second choice, and they're much more polarizing for the population than the predecessors.

It seems like one of those jokes that no one really laughs, they just kind of nod in approval. I like.

I have a joke.
Q: What has had more Japanese men lodged inside of it than the Tokyo subway at rush hour?
A: Koda Kumi's vagina!

...XD I made it myself.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.16, 11:03 PM   #35
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I forgot that no thread among this fanbase is complete without a... loose reference to that woman.
Old 2007.08.21, 05:12 PM   #36
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I haven't listened to anythig by BJC and I wouldn't know where to start, any reccomendations?

I'm not that into Asai Kenichi's solo stuff (what I've heard), but I'm head over heels in love with AJICO, which is one of his projects where he shares the vocals with UA. Now if there were to be some kind of SR/AK superband, I guess it would turn out kind of like AJICO (rather than TJ where SR is after all the commander) and it would make our ears deaf with joy.

Last edited by zarya : 2007.08.21 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.25, 07:54 PM   #37
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
I have a joke.
Q: What has had more Japanese men lodged inside of it than the Tokyo subway at rush hour?
A: Koda Kumi's vagina!

...XD I made it myself.
That's funny. I guessed wrong though
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.26, 10:08 PM   #38
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Can I explain how upset I am...I bought Romeo's Heart 5 years ago...and someone got in my car and stepped on it...it is now in 2 pieces.

RIP cd
Old 2007.08.27, 06:17 AM   #39
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

^ That's one of the reasons why I always burn my music onto a CD-R before bringing them to the car.
Old 2007.08.29, 06:25 PM   #40
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

This band is pretty interesting, but is find it hard to believe that they made one or Ringo's favorite albums @_@. According to wiki anyway.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote