Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.03, 08:41 AM   #1
Nathan0301

Nathan0301 is headed in the right direction
Default Ringo BoOK

「Ringo BoOK」詳細
  ■仕様
   価格:8800円(消費税、送料込み)
   本体サイズ:250mm×250mm
   箱サイズ:270mm×270mm×35mm
   ページ数:108ページ(予定)
  ■5月27日に販売予定のサイト
   ・林檎班 好事家ストア
   ・SR猫柳本線 猫キヲスク
   ・SR猫柳本線ポケット 猫キヲスク(モバイル)

so expensive...but I also wanna own it
Old 2009.03.03, 09:14 AM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's probably safe to say that everyone at this community wants to own a Ringo BoOK. It would complete the 10th anniversary post-MoRA trio of Ringo EXPO 08 first-press, plus the Ringo BoX.

Until June rolls around, there's nothing we can really say about it in a dedicated thread, that hasn't already been said in some other thread.
Old 2009.03.03, 10:22 AM   #3
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Interesting.
I think I'm diagnosing something here....

I admit it can get confusing tho. Most info about Ringo BoOK is tucked in the "10th Anniversary Shows" thread, so the need to create something singular (new thread) or rename the already existing thread (to something like "10th Anniversary Promotions/Items") makes some sense, at least to help guide the less active members.
The thread with the "Amai Yamai" video was a bit more careless because there was already a thread specifically called "New collaboration! Maboroshi x Shiina Ringo".

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.03.03 at 10:27 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.03, 07:28 PM   #4
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

8800 yen for only 108 pages?! :O
But if it's got pictures, I might have to be all over it.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.03, 08:39 PM   #5
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I used to be such an avid ringo collector but man, this past year has just been too hard to keep up. I've since just decided ot stick to the legit discography and that way I can keep my collector's pride somewhat intact.

I'm still not sure how I feel about passing over MoRA.

and I'm curious as to the exact differences between this and Ringo BoX. what was in that again? (besides all of her former guitarists, of course, dun dun dun chaaa)
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.03, 11:22 PM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

My collector pride remains intact, but as usual, I have very little money remaining for anything else. When the slew of 2008-2009 releases calms down, I'm going to focus on hunting down pre-Jihen posters like Kabuki-cho no Joou (which in my opinion are a better investment than MoRA).

If you wanted to know what the "exact differences" are - none of the contents are the same! There is no overlap or common ground other than the size and shape and logo of the outer packaging.

The Ringo BoX is simultaneously the most overestimated and underestimated package. Most people who don't completely understand what it is - fall into either one of those extremes (like ohmygod it's full of unique goodies - or pshaw! I can easily get all the important bits elsewhere). If you look at this list, you'll find those assumptions to be quite unfounded.

The Ringo BoX consists of:
30 postcards (half of them have this annoying nonglossy texture that isn't scan-friendly - most of these postcards are cover art related and some of them are even Tokyo Jihen related)
23? RAT reissues (basically the entire backcatalog)
1 new exclusive RAT
4 career-debut sticker reissues (the kind of stickers you could get at places like Tower Records before Shouso Strip came out)
2 re-usable wooden-handle stamps (you have to supply your own ink)
Eye pin
Anniversary/lightning sew-on badge,
MoRA-style booklet (which turns out to be an empty fill-it-yourself journal/doodling deal)
Fold-out poster (of Shiina Ringo when she was a kid)

It's true that not everything in the Ringo BoX is actually unique to the Ringo BoX, but the nonunique stuff isn't covered by any of the other 2008/2009 packages - as a collector you at least have to backtrack through original RAT releases if you want to dismiss the Ringo BoX as irrelevant. All of the original RATs combined, can easily cost more than the Ringo BoX after you win all the necessary/separate auctions. Some of the included Tokyo Jihen postcards were previously available during the Adult touring, and those are even harder to find nowadays.

If you've been keeping up on your nonmultimedia collecting, then the MoRA goodies (especially the booklet) are a little more satisfying to own than the Ringo BoX. If you haven't been keeping up, then the Ringo BoX is an excellent way to catch-up, and be like wow look at all this interesting stuff I haven't seen before.
Old 2009.03.03, 11:44 PM   #7
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

What's the diameter of the Ringo Box? I assumed it was CD sized (i.e Heisei Box) but it sounds like it would have to be bigger than that to accommodate all the stuff.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.03, 11:52 PM   #8
Glathannus
True Final Boss

The RATs and the postcards take up more than half the room, and the box is basically stuffed full of nonpackaging materials. For the height you could barely fit 3 standard-size jewelcases inside this box. Beyond that there'd still be at least enough room for the two wooden-handle stamps.

The dimensions (according to kronekodow.com) are:
15cm×15cm×3.5cm
Old 2009.03.04, 04:20 AM   #9
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Ringo BoOK preview pictures :

Name:  KN-SG-0439-1.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  16.6 KB

Name:  KN-SG-0439-4.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  KN-SG-0439-5.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  KN-SG-0439-6.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  KN-SG-0439-7.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:  KN-SG-0439-8.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  22.9 KB

Name:  KN-SG-0439-9.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  33.4 KB

So some pages have stuff sticking out, like fake tickets and small images?
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.04, 04:36 AM   #10
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Jeeeebus thats a lot of money... Damnit.

Sorry, I think I've asked this question previously, but I'm still confused. Will this be available commercially/worldwide, or just in Japan?

Edit: And this just makes me want the Box more, so I have the complete set of eye logo boxes. Poo!