Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.03.14, 05:12 PM   #31
SoulExperience

SoulExperience is an asset to this community

Its good that you're safe but so unfortunate that they're covering up info regarding the nuclear plants/death tolls. That's really sad. My heart goes out to you
SoulExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.14, 06:02 PM   #32
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

So what is the Japanese media/government saying about death toll or the Fukushima Nuclear plants?

Over here, the Australian media is saying that the death toll could be 10,000+, and that there were two hydrogen explosions and possible melt downs at 1 or 2 of the cores. The media here also said something about past cover ups but are there anything else that makes you suspect that they are doing it this time? With the whole world watching, it'd be pretty pointless... right?

Last edited by D.K.Liu : 2011.03.14 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Fix tone
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.14, 07:43 PM   #33
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Japanese government is really slagging. They knew how bad the nuclear reactors were, just not telling anyone.
Supposedly this shouldn't be a Chernobyl. That meltdown happened right away so they couldn't evacuate people. Plus the cores are smaller than that and there are more precautions, so when the cores melt and give off all of that radiation it'll be... less intense. Don't know if Fukushima will be able to be habitable and more happens.

All this stuff about radiation makes it seem like it's a 70s cold war scare. It makes me want to watch the China Syndrome to really make me worried.

As for mentioning other disasters analogously with this one, excuse me for being a sociologist. Like I said, I mean no disrespect, just comparing people in similar situations.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.14, 07:58 PM   #34
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
There has been an update on kronekodow today. I can only read a bit but I get the general idea its Ringo saying her sympathies to the affected. Please can someone translate better than I can?

災害に遭われたみなさま
 いますぐお力になりたいです。でも叶いません。近々笑顔で再会させて戴けることを目指して、こちらも努めて参ります。どうか確かに生きてらしてくださいませ。案じて居りますし、お気持ちしっかり、よろしくお頼み申し上げます。

椎名林檎

++++

このたびの東北地方太平洋沖地震で被災された方々に、謹んでお見舞い申し上げます。少しでも多くの方々が救出されること、そして被災地の少しでも早い復旧をお祈りしております。

SR猫柳本線
For everyone who are struck by disaster
I want help you. But it's beyond my power.
Aiming to meet you again with smile, I would exert myself.
Please be alive firmly.
I am concerned about you. Please pull yourself together.

Shiina Ringo

For peoples who are suffering from Northeast Area Pacific Offshore Earthquake*
(Tohoku Chihou Taiheiyou Oki Jishin), we feel much sympathy for you.
We are praying for saving people as many, and restoration as early as possible.

SR Nekoyanagi Line.

* official English name is "The 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake"

Last edited by EmilScherbe : 2011.03.15 at 08:45 AM.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.15, 02:17 AM   #35
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Thanks Emil! Glad you're ok, Jonny.
Old 2011.03.15, 03:01 AM   #36
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community
Exclamation

After doing some research in google earth and on the internet, it seemed like the nuclear meltdown was inevitable.

1)The Nuclear power plants are located near the sea. However, Japan, where earthquakes and tsunamis are common, they still went ahead with it. Perhaps, it is because nuclear fuel will not be transported through populated areas where accidents of spillage can happen. Also, Japan's terrain is pretty mountainous and they are not able to build one inland. But they still could have opted for gas-powered electricity...

SOURCE: http://maps.google.com/maps?ftr=cris...arthquake_2011

2)TEPCO forged documents regarding the maintenance of the nuclear power plants.... Many incidents of leaking radiaition has already been reported.

SOURCE: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...p2z3mV4cFWGsrw

The nuclear disaster was waiting to happen.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/explosion-s...82716-207.html

Now, winds carrying radiated particles will be flying towards Tokyo.
HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL NOT BE AN ENTIRE MELTDOWN.

Damn, I sure hope Shiina Ringo and her son will be alright. Without her, there will not be me. Tokyo Jihen members, not so much...
I wish that I am not a child right now. If not I would totally go ahead and being airdropped to Japan to help out right now.

Tepco will be forced out of business and be sued for damages totally...

Last edited by W3iHong : 2011.03.15 at 03:05 AM.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.15, 04:40 AM   #37
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

You are kidding right? And if you are, that's a pretty fucked up joke to be making you sicko. And come on- it's Yahoo! News. This article goes backwards and forwards all over the place. It's all speculation. Im just gonna wait to see what unfolds over time.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.15, 05:56 AM   #38
ParisJihen

ParisJihen has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Thank you Emil for the translation !
ParisJihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.15, 12:22 PM   #39
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

This is so devastating...
I think that if I'm able to, I want to set up something with people who are able to craft toys and send them over to the children there. I am looking into it...if anyone is over there and has any idea of how i can do this, i'd appreciate it.

i know that shipping to Japan is actually not happening for a while, my husband owns a fedex shipping store and they were told not to send any more packages to Japan and they wouldnt be shipping for the forseeable future
so i dont know how i will be able to do this until down the line
Old 2011.03.15, 06:57 PM   #40
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

THe first time, like Saturday, the death toll was not above 100 or close to 100 as far as I remember. Numbers from intl media was way ahead already then. Swedish media always referred to Japanese news agency, hmm.. Kyodo, or something, I forgot the name.

* Yes, it is important to not feed the public with 100% bad news all the time. It *does* affect peoples minds in a bad way, making you unable to function well when you really need to function as good as you can. I noticed this about me these few days, I'm not literally hurt or anything but the stress is high and when the aftermath quakes strike over and over, it tears you down. Seeing lots of bad news on the TV on top of that, of course it doesn't lead to good things.

* However covering up info like the Tokyo power company has done, just makes me have no more confidence in how such important stuff is handled here, that I feel like leaving the country. I have a flight back home tomorrow noon.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote