Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2013.06.16, 05:42 AM   #1
KSK

KSK pleased at least somebody
Default Are those Ringo's signature biding on Yahoo!Auction JP counterfeits?

The biding prices are normally around 6000-10500 yen.

I don`t know whether those signatures (nomally signed on a cd or a cardboard)are counterfeits.

Does anybody know about this?
KSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.16, 06:44 AM   #2
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hmm... I can't really answer your question on there but it did get me to ask a question to myself.

Who's signature would I prefer? Shiina Ringo or Jun Togawa's? I feel I hold both women up on the same pedestal nowadays. But if I could choose just one... hmmm... tough choice.

You wouldnt get Shiina Ringo's real signature either really, doesnt she just draw an apple like on that thing frecklegirl posted recently (her note at Tower Records) or on them EMI Rocks posters? I'm probably forgetting a place where her signature has shown up (such as Ringo BoOK or one of the CDs) but I'm tired right now and can't remember fully...

What I mean ultimately is... unless the ones on Y!A are signed "Shiina Yumiko", I wouldn't pay for it :-p
Old 2013.06.16, 02:28 PM   #3
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm under the impression that most of the real autographs on CDs or cardboard, are from before Shiina Ringo was pregnant. So I wouldn't trust an 'autographed' copy of KSK, HF, or SG. That being said, I would only buy the cardboard, as that seems more difficult to forge.

I don't have any reason to believe she ever signs her name, for her fans. It's always that apple glyph. If she's ever signed any merchandise that a fan already owned, it had to have been early into her career, like when she was performing at Tower Records. Ever since then, Shiina Ringo has been mostly unapproachable, and most of the autographs she's done haven't been in the presence of fans.

In Electric Mole, you can see her autographing some photobooks, but there were no fans around, and there was no indication how the autographed books ended up in the hands of any fans, or what the difference in circumstances was between the fans who got autographed books and the fans who got non-autographed books. Were the autographed copies sealed up and randomly distributed among the rest of them?

I would like to believe the EMI cardboards are real (since I bought one), but how do we know any of them are real? They could all be forgeries. I'd be suspicious if the same seller continually auctioned off more of them, but it always seems to be different sellers, and the cardboards aren't changing hands too rapidly.

It's your money. I'd say, get one of the autographed cardboards if you already have most of the other Shiina Ringo products you want. I waited until I already had her discography, all the photobooks (at the time), a bunch of the magazines, a bunch of the posters, and a bunch of other stuff. Even if I had every reason to believe it was genuine, an autographed piece of plain-looking cardboard the size of a CD cover - doesn't rank among my highest priority purchases as a collector.
Old 2013.06.17, 01:50 AM   #4
KSK

KSK pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I'm under the impression that most of the real autographs on CDs or cardboard, are from before Shiina Ringo was pregnant. So I wouldn't trust an 'autographed' copy of KSK, HF, or SG. That being said, I would only buy the cardboard, as that seems more difficult to forge.

I don't have any reason to believe she ever signs her name, for her fans. It's always that apple glyph. If she's ever signed any merchandise that a fan already owned, it had to have been early into her career, like when she was performing at Tower Records. Ever since then, Shiina Ringo has been mostly unapproachable, and most of the autographs she's done haven't been in the presence of fans.

In Electric Mole, you can see her autographing some photobooks, but there were no fans around, and there was no indication how the autographed books ended up in the hands of any fans, or what the difference in circumstances was between the fans who got autographed books and the fans who got non-autographed books. Were the autographed copies sealed up and randomly distributed among the rest of them?

I would like to believe the EMI cardboards are real (since I bought one), but how do we know any of them are real? They could all be forgeries. I'd be suspicious if the same seller continually auctioned off more of them, but it always seems to be different sellers, and the cardboards aren't changing hands too rapidly.

It's your money. I'd say, get one of the autographed cardboards if you already have most of the other Shiina Ringo products you want. I waited until I already had her discography, all the photobooks (at the time), a bunch of the magazines, a bunch of the posters, and a bunch of other stuff. Even if I had every reason to believe it was genuine, an autographed piece of plain-looking cardboard the size of a CD cover - doesn't rank among my highest priority purchases as a collector.
Thanks a lot,but I could’t imagine that if you could get a genuine autographed cardboard,then why it could‘t rank among your highest priority purchase as a collector ?
I am a junior collector ,only have some LPs and promo CDs (Gips / Tsumi 、Honnou and so on)... also I once got a guitar pick thrown by Ukigumo on Yahoo auction,but don't know if it's geniue. I really have no idea about what kind of auction goods on Yahoo are really rare and precious? Would you tell me if you don't mind?
KSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.17, 04:56 AM   #5
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Sweetz for my Spitz vinyl.
Old 2013.06.17, 05:38 AM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by KSK View Post
I once got a guitar pick thrown by Ukigumo on Yahoo auction
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.17, 08:40 AM   #7
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Thanks a lot,but I could’t imagine that if you could get a genuine autographed cardboard,then why it could‘t rank among your highest priority purchase as a collector ?
I would trade an autographed EMI cardboard for a Kabuki-cho or Honnou poster in mint condition. If you wouldn't, that's because you haven't seen what they look like.

I am a junior collector ,only have some LPs and promo CDs (Gips / Tsumi 、Honnou and so on)
The Gips/Tsumi package is actually pretty cool. If that's something a 'junior' collector would have, then there must be freshmen and sophomore collectors.

I once got a guitar pick thrown by Ukigumo on Yahoo auction,but don't know if it's geniue.
I've seen a few PETROLZ guitar picks. They're certainly much rarer than the CDs, but I would rather put the money toward any of their CDs I don't already have. As you may have seen, the older CDs are quite expensive. I've got all of them except the single with the OSCA b-side.

I really have no idea about what kind of auction goods on Yahoo are really rare and precious? Would you tell me if you don't mind?
There are some legitimate posters which are almost one-of-a-kind, relating to specific photoshoots Shiina Ringo did for magazines. I've seen those sell for somewhere between 50000 and 100000yen. They have too much detail to be rasturbations.

You can get far more broke than that, from trying to collect every model of guitar Shiina Ringo has ever used - especially the one she had in Electric Mole. You can also get a legitimate replica of Ukigumo's main guitar.

There are authentic audio cassettes which were all promos. The older they are, the more valuable. Koufukuron sold for somewhere around 50000yen when I saw it 5 years ago. A zippo liter from Gekokujyo Xtasy sells for almost that much, if it's in great condition.

You can also try collecting sealed first-presses or limited editions. Older ones are becoming extremely hard to find. I've got sealed first-press copies of Gekokujyo Xtasy and Hatsuiku Status which I could probably never replace if anything were to happen to them.
Old 2013.06.18, 08:08 AM   #8
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Sweetz for my Spitz vinyl.
Why is it so precious? Is it out of print?
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.18, 09:22 AM   #9
Glathannus
True Final Boss

^
There seems to be only a thousand, or a few hundred of them - in existence. The only one up for auction right now, has a fixed price of roughly 75000yen.

It should be noted that since it's a tribute album, different collectors may want it because of different artists. If you can find a Sweets for my SPITZ vinyl at a reasonably lower starting bid, you aren't just going to be competing with Shiina Ringo collectors - there could (for example) be POLYSICS or Kojima Mayumi collectors who would pay good money for it. There could also be bidders who actually care about SPITZ.

Basically, Sweets for my SPITZ is higher in demand and lower in supply than any other LP with Shiina Ringo in it, which makes it the most valuable.
Old 2013.06.19, 10:30 AM   #10
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
It should be noted that since it's a tribute album, different collectors may want it because of different artists. If you can find a Sweets for my SPITZ vinyl at a reasonably lower starting bid, you aren't just going to be competing with Shiina Ringo collectors - there could (for example) be POLYSICS or Kojima Mayumi collectors who would pay good money for it. There could also be bidders who actually care about SPITZ.
I see what you mean. I would care about it (if I had the money and playback equipment) not only for Shiina Ringo's involvement, but especially for track 3, featuring one of the most colorful arrangements and production I've heard from Keiichi Tomita.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote