Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.04.20, 01:20 PM   #11
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

The only thing I play regularly right now is Kingdom of Loathing. Has anyone else here even heard of it before?
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.20, 01:23 PM   #12
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I'll also get to play Persona 2: Innocent Sin for the first time.
Isn't that the one with Hitler in it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hitlernw2.jpg (119.3 KB, 94 views)
Old 2009.04.20, 01:28 PM   #13
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
I wouldn't know, as I have yet to obtain Innocent Sin, or to unseal and play the copy of Eternal Punishment that I already have from before it became sought-after and expensive.
Old 2009.04.20, 05:32 PM   #14
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Yes. I got it in Japan for only $19.
Old 2009.04.22, 05:57 AM   #15
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm currently playing Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.
The GBA port/remake I played ages ago was pretty mediocre, but the "original" version is so much better, as expected.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.22, 07:30 AM   #16
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I forgot to mention, I completed MGS4 a month or two ago. Was anybody else pretty disappointed in the game? It was by far the weakest of the 4 for me. The presentation and graphics were great, as always. The cutscenes were long, as always... even longer, in fact. But just not very interesting. I was actually checking the time out of boredom at the final cutscene and I couldn't tell you a single thing that was said now. The boss fights, a metal gear strong point usually, were pretty uninspired and boring. The octocamo was nice, the shooting was OK and the AI was nothing special. It wasn't terrible... it wasn't even bad. I just expected to enjoy it more. Oh well...
Old 2009.04.22, 03:17 PM   #17
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I forgot to mention, I completed MGS4 a month or two ago. Was anybody else pretty disappointed in the game? It was by far the weakest of the 4 for me. The presentation and graphics were great, as always. The cutscenes were long, as always... even longer, in fact. But just not very interesting. I was actually checking the time out of boredom at the final cutscene and I couldn't tell you a single thing that was said now. The boss fights, a metal gear strong point usually, were pretty uninspired and boring. The octocamo was nice, the shooting was OK and the AI was nothing special. It wasn't terrible... it wasn't even bad. I just expected to enjoy it more. Oh well...
Graphics wise it was top class but as a game? not so hot at all. The story was utterly boring and so long winded that I too was doing other things as it dragged on (and on) I've not played it since to be truthful.

MGS1 is King for me.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.22, 03:44 PM   #18
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I think it goes 3 > 1 >>> 2 >>>>> 4 for me. I loved the setting and music for 3, the characters and story weren't too convoluted and The Boss fight is awesome. The Snake Eater theme is just cheesy awesomeness.
Old 2009.04.22, 03:57 PM   #19
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

3 was great. Awesome setting, music, characters, story. It had it all. But I felt like it still didn't top the boss fights from MGS1. You just can't beat Liquid's FOX-HOUND unit from the original.
Old 2009.04.22, 04:27 PM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

3 was great. Awesome setting, music, characters, story. It had it all. But I felt like it still didn't top the boss fights from MGS1. You just can't beat Liquid's FOX-HOUND unit from the original.
Indeed. The boss fights in 2 were very good also. I liked that they were fleshed out characters like in 1 and not just flat characters with gimmicks like in 2 and 3 ('The Boss' aside), but the boss' in 3 made up for it by being fun. Especially 'The End'.